The Student Room Group

Would you kiss your child on the lips?

I think it is wrong and disgusting to kiss your child on the lips

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Wrong? No, but i sure as hell wouldn't do it.
Disgusting? Yes
I personally wouldn't
Im 17, so i dont know... but whats wrong? Aslong as its gentle like a kiss on the cheek, aslong as you arent full on lipsing them I dont see a problem.
Reply 4
What's wrong with kissing your child on the lips? It's YOUR baby. I'm confused. As long as ur not snogging them or some crazy **** like that a normal peck on the lips is fine!
I probably would. I think everyone in my family would. I have a 2 year old cousin and he gives everyone a kiss on the lips. :dontknow:
Original post by KM.
What's wrong with kissing your child on the lips? It's YOUR baby. I'm confused. As long as ur not snogging them or some crazy **** like that a normal peck on the lips is fine!

I know. I've never thought twice about it :dontknow:
Yeah, I would
Reply 8
Original post by Twinpeaks
I know. I've never thought twice about it :dontknow:

I guess the paedophile story lines are getting to some people abit too much lool.

They're questioning how to love their own child. SMH
Reply 9
Original post by SuperHuman98
Im 17, so i dont know... but whats wrong? Aslong as its gentle like a kiss on the cheek, aslong as you arent full on lipsing them I dont see a problem.

Original post by KM.

Being affectionate is not healthy, I mean once the child reaches a certain age it is inappropriate.
Reply 10
Original post by Blue_Mason
Being affectionate is not healthy, I mean once the child reaches a certain age it is inappropriate.

Well of course, once they get to a certain age they would find it inappropriate. But if it's a CHILD as you said, then I don't think theres anything wrong with.
Your threads are becoming more and more crazy every day. Come on.......
No
Original post by iEthan
Your threads are becoming more and more crazy every day. Come on.......

Well there was a discussion on LBC about it, and I thought I would ask tsr
Yeah, why not? Whats meant to be weird about it?

Kissing somebody else's child on the lips, however, would be weird!
Trust me, from 5-12 months, the child wants to eat your lips
I wouldn't. Guess I've learned to associate that form of affection with couples, or husband/boyfriend and wife/girlfriend kind of thing. If I think about doing it to my kid, even if it's a small peck, still puts me off.

Original post by Serine Soul
Trust me, from 5-12 months, the child wants to eat your lips

Around that age they want to drool on my hair or chew on my finger mostly. But I won't deny that they wouldn't hesitate to go for the lips if you let them.
Only up to the age of 3 perhaps.
They're grown adults who still kiss their parents on the lips, so..........
Of course I would.

Quick Reply

Latest