The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Serine Soul
I agree. Although a snap election may be the worst for Labour atm (despite them wanting one themselves)

If there are elections now, Labour would probably do reasonably well, and Corbyn would be a lot safer

If elections are postponed, I think Corbyn has a good chance of being ousted, or Labour losing a lot of support in infighting

(I'm only pretending to know what I'm talking about, I have no clue)
Original post by Mathemagicien
If there are elections now, Labour would probably do reasonably well, and Corbyn would be a lot safer

If elections are postponed, I think Corbyn has a good chance of being ousted, or Labour losing a lot of support in infighting

(I'm only pretending to know what I'm talking about, I have no clue)

I feel like the general public view Labour as in shambles currently (which they are) and have little confidence in them

With time, the infighting would stop, we'd have a united opposition, and Corbyn would lay out a clear plan for the country now that we're leaving the EU, attracting a lot of support

Maybe I'm being too optimistic

(And same)
There's a petition calling for a GE - 7,000 signatures...!

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4209478
Original post by jneill
There's a petition calling for a GE - 7,000 signatures...!

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4209478

Why are you obsessed with petitions? We all saw how well the EU referendum one turned out.
Original post by Forecast
Why are you obsessed with petitions? We all saw how well the EU referendum one turned out.

Yes indeed. It only got 4 million signatures.

Posted from TSR Mobile
The irony...

IMG_20160711_210145.jpg

Well if I were you I wouldn't even bother getting upset over hypocritical politicians anymore. I've come to the realisation that they're all the same. They spout big words like democracy and mandate and accountability when it's convenient and forget all about it when it isn't

I need to know where I'm heading

This * 1000.
Original post by Mostly_Crazy
Yep! Everyone I know is saying they just don't want it to ever happen, and then there's me just saying "get it over with" :biggrin:

I don't get people who like the wait :lolwut:.
Original post by felecita
Oh how exciting :tongue: I was only thinking yesterday that I'd avoided the weird results day dreams, clearly I spoke too soon! I had another weird one the other day though nothing to do with exams - in this one everything I clicked on Wikipedia came to life in front of me, so naturally I clicked on things such as zombies, vampires and Hitler instead of anything else :colonhash:

How bizzare but more interesting than my dreams :smile:.

If I don't make the grades, I'm tempted to apply for Oxford next year (I'm sorry pls no hate anybody). Obviously I'd much prefer Cambridge but I feel that another application there would result in rejection and I love the whole Oxbridge college and supervision/tutorial system so much.

Same here. Beyond the usual reasons, I don't have a family home and being able to stay in my college room for 365 days of the year makes Oxbridge more appealing. And then there are the bursaries.

I have UCL as my insurance and once I'd overcome the initial disappointment at missing the Cambridge offer, I'd be happy to go there. However the grade I'm most worried about is Maths and both unis specify an A* so I think I will either meet both offers or miss both. It was probably stupid of me to insure UCL because of that, but I really like the uni and Maths seemed like a given A* before I bombed C4!

I see :/ That sucks. Well let's hope the boundaries are forgiving.

Fingers crossed we all meet our offers and don't have to worry about insurances or reapplying :h:

:yy:
Original post by jneill
Yes indeed. It only got 4 million signatures.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Which were completely worthless.
Original post by krishdesai7
Well if I were you I wouldn't even bother getting upset over hypocritical politicians anymore. I've come to the realisation that they're all the same. They spout big words like democracy and mandate and accountability when it's convenient and forget all about it when it isn't

They're not all bad; there are some good ones, like... erm...
I feel like the general public view Labour as in shambles currently (which they are) and have little confidence in them

With time, the infighting would stop, we'd have a united opposition, and Corbyn would lay out a clear plan for the country now that we're leaving the EU, attracting a lot of support

Maybe I'm being too optimistic

(And same)

But the Tories are also in shambles currently, this might be our best shot

Not sure Corbyn will get that much support, although I think the Tories have lost a lot, many votes will go back to the LibDems and a lot to UKIP, imo

(Don't worry, I have a PhD in politics from Google)
Original post by Mathemagicien
But the Tories are also in shambles currently, this might be our best shot

Not sure Corbyn will get that much support, although I think the Tories have lost a lot, many votes will go back to the LibDems and a lot to UKIP, imo

(Don't worry, I have a PhD in politics from Google)

Yeh UKIP r gna **** us up watch how many seats they get.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Forecast
Which were completely worthless.

And have now earned a parliamentary debate.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jneill
And have now earned a parliamentary debate.

Posted from TSR Mobile

And? That isn't going to make any difference to the result of the referendum.
Ooh gotta choose accommodation now :redface:
Original post by Duskstar
Ooh gotta choose accommodation now :redface:

Hello stranger :tongue:
Original post by Protoxylic
Hello stranger :tongue:

Haha hello :smile: How was your first year?
Haha hello :smile: How was your first year?

Pretty good actually, came out with a first (although it doesn't count) with still being able to fit in nights out, social life and all the rest of it. It's all about efficient work really, not the time put in, but how smart you are with your time etc. Of course the more smart time you put in, the higher your result will be, like I wasn't top of class or anything, but I got a comfortable first which I'm happy about.

How's your holidays so far? Hopefully not too stressed about results day? :tongue:
She's too modest to post this here herself but I just wanted to ask everyone to congratulate @barbriallen (from Canada) who has just found out that she met the terms of her offer to study Theology at Pembroke College next year.

So, a massive well done and...

Original post by Protoxylic
Pretty good actually, came out with a first (although it doesn't count) with still being able to fit in nights out, social life and all the rest of it. It's all about efficient work really, not the time put in, but how smart you are with your time etc. Of course the more smart time you put in, the higher your result will be, like I wasn't top of class or anything, but I got a comfortable first which I'm happy about.

How's your holidays so far? Hopefully not too stressed about results day? :tongue:

That's great news! Hopefully the rest of us can follow suit haha.

My holiday's going well, I'm kinda comfortable about results day I just think Physics Unit 5 didn't go so well I can be confident I definitely made it :/

Also just found out I'll be going to Cambridge on the 12th if I meet my offer :wink:
That's great news! Hopefully the rest of us can follow suit haha.

My holiday's going well, I'm kinda comfortable about results day I just think Physics Unit 5 didn't go so well I can be confident I definitely made it :/

Also just found out I'll be going to Cambridge on the 12th if I meet my offer :wink:

Hopefully! Just take my word for work hard play hard and you'll get there :tongue:

Ah well, don't worry about that now.

:redface: 12th of September? That's really early, is that for a one off day thing or is that actually when you move in?

Latest

Trending

Trending