The Student Room Group

Would you let your BF/GF choose your clothes for you?

Poll

Would you let your other half choose your clothes?

Would you let your SO choose your outfits?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Every once in a while, yeah.
If they wanted to choose what I were to wear every day, then that would just be too controlling for me, and I'd attempt to break it off.
Original post by Queen Cersei
Would you let your SO choose your outfits?

No, i dont mind giving or taking recommendation but if i dont like the outfit she chooses then i wont feel comfortable being in it, and as im wearing it that matters more.
Yeah :woo: Sounds like fun.
Reply 4
I HOPE that you mean either accepting the occasional clothing gift that they've picked without your input, OR that you ask them for their opinion occasionally. If you mean them laying out your clothes each day and dictating what can/can't be worn, that's a huge massive red flag right there.
Yeah of course, if she has a preference, then 100%. I mean I'm only wearing them for comfort and for how they look, so if the latter of the two is good in her eyes, then as long as I'm not incredibly uncomfortable I don't see the issue.

However my gf tends to make it pretty clear which clothes of mine she likes/ doesn't like, so I don't have to actually ask whilst getting dressed, I know what she wants xD
Reply 6
Every once in a while. :h:
Reply 7
I've bought or picked out more clothes for my partner than they have themself.. Neither of us are particularly fashion minded, but we know what each other like.
Depends. If it was a forced decision then no, I wouldn't. If it was more like, "oh hey you look really good in this" then yeah I suppose so. If it was oppressively making me wear what she likes because she doesn't like my clothes then no.
Reply 9
Lmao I won't even let any of my family buy clothes for me let alone a partner.
if they had good taste then yh but i'd rather pick myself haha... i guess if we choose each others outfits then it could be quite sweet... but what am i saying - I'm gonna be forever single oh dear
Original post by Helenia
I HOPE that you mean either accepting the occasional clothing gift that they've picked without your input, OR that you ask them for their opinion occasionally. If you mean them laying out your clothes each day and dictating what can/can't be worn, that's a huge massive red flag right there.

this
No I like how I style my outfits
Original post by saraxh
No I like how I style my outfits

Basically, this

Posted from TSR Mobile
i wouldnt let him choose for em but id ask opinions
Reply 15
If he wanted me to wear his shirts or something.. then Yeaah Deffo:u::colondollar:. But otherwise not too often because it'd feel controlling after a while.
I doubt I'll ever have a bf/gf but if I did then no, I wouldn't like them choosing my clothes at all, I'd ask their opinion but it would be up to me to wear what I want
Every once in a while, could be fun
Advise? Yes. Literally choose? NO.
Occasionally, but wouldn't wear something I disliked.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending