The Student Room Group

Pokemon GO! Official Thread - now officially released in the UK!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 280
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
The Albert is a gym?!

Yup. Or something right next to it at least, it doesn't let me see the gym details 'cause I'm not lv5 yet
Original post by XxKingSniprxX
I've used 25mb data over the course of 2 days going outside omw shopping and back etc. It barely uses data ... though do note it uses gps/camera etc ....
just make sure u have full battery b4 heading out. :tongue:

Ahh right, that's really good. The battery shouldn't be much of an issue. What are portable chargers for? :ahee:
Why does my town only have 2G... why? :cry:
That moment you spend ages tracking a new Pokemon only for it to disappear and be replaced by a Rattata by the time you find it 😟🙄😠
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
It's already out in the US and Aus/NZ but the UK release date has been delayed because of server issues. Should be hitting the UK in the next few days or so :smile:

Fine. Another question again: Is it true that Pokemons in this game can be captured without weaken them in a fight? what about fights against wild pokemons, trainers and gym leaders?
Feels so awkward trying to catch Pokemon in the middle of a busy town centre :indiff:
Apparently being released in Germany today, so likely will be rolled out across Europe in the next few days :biggrin:
Original post by Lord Samosa
Feels so awkward trying to catch Pokemon in the middle of a busy town centre :indiff:

Because you are not used to do that in the pokemon games, as it was not possible catching pokemons in cities?
Original post by Kallisto
Because you are not used to do that in the pokemon games, as it was not possible catching pokemons in cities?

It's not that. It's the fact you have to lift up your phone to towards the Pokemon, to others it looks like you're taking a picture. Sometimes the Pokemon is sat there next to a group of people, or in my case some kids, I couldn't really point my camera towards them without looking dodgy :indiff:
Reply 289
It's not that. It's the fact you have to lift up your phone to towards the Pokemon, to others it looks like you're taking a picture. Sometimes the Pokemon is sat there next to a group of people, or in my case some kids, I couldn't really point my camera towards them without looking dodgy :indiff:

If you turn off AR (camera) you don't need to do that.

You can turn AR off for the city, that's what I do :biggrin:
Original post by Dez
If you turn off AR (camera) you don't need to do that.

Original post by brijmohan3
You can turn AR off for the city, that's what I do :biggrin:

OMG THANK YOU!!

Time for another "lunch break" I think :teehee:
OMG THANK YOU!!

Time for another "lunch break" I think :teehee:

The secret life of a... pokemon trainer?! :redface:

I took my "lunch break" too :teehee:

That is an argument. This is another aspect of this game which may improved.

After reading some posted comments, I am still not convinced that Pokemon GO! should be better than the edition games.*
Sometimes the Pokemon is sat there next to a group of people, or in my case some kids, I couldn't really point my camera towards them without looking dodgy :indiff:

The closest Pokestop to my house is a children's play park. The second closest..... is a children's play park :ninja:

I've been playing in quite a localised area the last couple of days, between my house and work, which contains 5 gyms, and a similar amount of Pokestops. I've got a day off work tomorrow so I might walk into the town centre and see what the situation's like there.
Worth?
wr9cgq1vaz8x (1).jpg

Spoiler

Original post by nexttime
I theorise that the max is always the same for the same pokemon.

Just had a look through mine, and that seems to be the case. I hadn't noticed before now.

I presumed that the higher CP Pokemon that appeared as you levelled up were actually stronger, or had the potential to be, but it seems they're just closer to hitting their max and don't need as much stardust spent on them to do it.
Original post by Pokemon12
Worth?
wr9cgq1vaz8x (1).jpg

Spoiler

:no: This is how you get mugged
Caught a level 370 Clefable in Morrisons cheese aisle*:colone:*

Missed out on a dratini though :frown:*
Original post by Kallisto
That is an argument. This is another aspect of this game which may improved.

After reading some posted comments, I am still not convinced that Pokemon GO! should be better than the edition games.*

Turns out you don't have to use your camera. So far I'm liking it, it's obviously quite different and new from the other Pokemon games

Original post by Cll_ws
The closest Pokestop to my house is a children's play park. The second closest..... is a children's play park :ninja:

I've been playing in quite a localised area the last couple of days, between my house and work, which contains 5 gyms, and a similar amount of Pokestops. I've got a day off work tomorrow so I might walk into the town centre and see what the situation's like there.

My area is a bit meh as well, I'm just glad I work in the city centre, so I get access to all these pokestops :ahee:

Quick Reply

Latest