The Student Room Group

Sanders endorsing Hillary Clinton

A slap in the face to many Sanders supporters can you believe it?

I'm thinking some will go with Hillary, many will not vote at all and some will go to Trump given his stance on NAFTA, TPP and these other trade deals is more in line with Bernie.
Officially the biggest fraud and sell-out in recent memory. We expect most politicians to act this way, but Bernie made a career out of making specific claims about his opposition to corruption, lobbying, Wall St, interventionism, etc. He based his platform around a supposed shake-up of the political system which would take the country in a different direction. Worst of all, he actually took the money of millions of average citizens, many of whom were poor college students, to fund himself.

Then endorsed the very candidate who will shamelessly continue everything, and I mean everything, that he claimed to vehemently oppose.

Despicable guy. Should never show his face in public again.
I don't like Bernie Sanders. I see him as an idealist who hasn't done a day's work in his life. However, what was he supposed to do? If he didn't endorse Hillary then Bernie supporters would either vote Green or not vote at all, both of which would be a vote for Trump. Bernie is simply choosing the better of two evils and to demean him for a rational endorsement given the political climate is pathetic.
I would presume this is in return with her agreeing to follow some of his more radical policies.

Would people rather he refuse to endorse her, and thereby achieve absolutely nothing? That would make no sense. At least this way he makes some progress rather than none at all.

Principled opposition achieves nothing except a feeling of self-satisfaction. Irrespective of my views on Sanders' policies, I applaud him for his pragmatism and his attempt to achieve some of his policy objectives.
And rightly so, of course he is going to campaign for Hillary and against Trump. Did you really ever for a minute think that he wouldn'r support Hillary if he didn't get the nomination? lol

I applaud him, democrats need to unite against the republikunts, not act like bitter ***** towards each other. Thats not the way to get things done. :smile:
Sanders did what was logical.

Given the options would you go for tonsils or pancreatic cancer?

...Random choices but you get drift.

Original post by VV Cephei A
Officially the biggest fraud and sell-out in recent memory. We expect most politicians to act this way, but Bernie made a career out of making specific claims about his opposition to corruption, lobbying, Wall St, interventionism, etc. He based his platform around a supposed shake-up of the political system which would take the country in a different direction. Worst of all, he actually took the money of millions of average citizens, many of whom were poor college students, to fund himself.

Then endorsed the very candidate who will shamelessly continue everything, and I mean everything, that he claimed to vehemently oppose.

Despicable guy. Should never show his face in public again.

:laugh:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by TaintedLight
Sanders did what was logical.

Given the options would you go for tonsils or pancreatic cancer?

...Random choices but you get drift.

:laugh:

Have you seen the reactions from Bernbots over on reddit? They hate him for this, as they deservedly should.

The honorable thing to do would be to bow out and take no further part. He instead sold out to the embodiment of big money, corruption, and establishment politics. His supporters didn't donate their money to him for 4-8 years of Shillary.

He should be beyond ashamed.
Original post by VV Cephei A
Have you seen the reactions from Bernbots over on reddit? They hate him for this, as they deservedly should.

The honorable thing to do would be to bow out and take no further part. He instead sold out to the embodiment of big money, corruption, and establishment politics. His supporters didn't donate their money to him for 4-8 years of Shillary.

He should be beyond ashamed.

It's simple.

He is running for the best interest of his supporters.

Bernie acknowledges he cannot win the election

Bernie can urge his supporters to vote for Clinton (shady goals) or Trump (a clown)

He concludes the democratic candidate is better off for US.

He endorses Hillary

The End
To be fair, she's the lesser of the two evils. Also, I think Bill Clinton was a great president and hopefully will advise her? Idk :s-smilie:
Either a liar with political experience or, well, Trump. I know who I'd support, given other parties don't stand a chance in America.
Original post by TaintedLight
It's simple.

He is running for the best interest of his supporters.

Bernie acknowledges he cannot win the election

Bernie can urge his supporters to vote for Clinton (shady goals) or Trump (a clown)

He concludes the democratic candidate is better off for US.

He endorses Hillary

The End

His supporters have generally responded with widespread disappointment, and in some cases outright disgust. Thus, you are wrong.
If I could vote, I'd vote Bernie.

BUT - and this is a big but - you need to consider the alternative option for President.
Donald Trump.

Bernie is endorsing Hilary because she is the better candidate out of her and Trump. and let's be honest, who would you rather have?
This isn't a case of selling out - it's a case of the best remaining person for the job.
Original post by EstelOfTheEyrie
If I could vote, I'd vote Bernie.

BUT - and this is a big but - you need to consider the alternative option for President.
Donald Trump.

Bernie is endorsing Hilary because she is the better candidate out of her and Trump. and let's be honest, who would you rather have?
This isn't a case of selling out - it's a case of the best remaining person for the job.

There's also the fact that, no matter the numerous flaws and crimes associated with Clinton, most Americans would not see her presidency as a victory for corruption (although it would be). A victory for Trump I think would be a victory for many ideals, attitudes, and behaviours that most progressive and sensible people want eradicated from the western world, and may validate regression to a less tolerant and reasonable American society.

They are both dreadful candidates, and I worry about the future of the US.
The tiny bit of respect I had for Bernie for standing up for what he believed in evaporated when I watched him standing next to that hapless clown.
He’s probably being realistic. It’s technically Hillary v. Trump, and he chose Clinton like any other human would do. Clinton is quite smart although has a horrendous reputation and yet, Trump has no history in Politics, is a xenophobic ******* and probably has 90% of the Southern vote, so, endorsing Hillary? Wasn’t the worst thing he could’ve done.

Posted from TSR Mobile
He's the modern day Judas

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending