The Student Room Group
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

Questions about East Slope

Hi,
I'm trying to pick accommodation and I'm leaning towards East Slope but I keep hearing that its really grimy. I'm just wondering how so? I really like the idea of staying there as it seems more social and its the cheapest but I do like to keep things clean. Are their rats? I've read about the mushrooms in the bathroom but how common is that and can you just clear them out? Are there cleaners for the communal areas?

Also, about the bathrooms I heard they're not private so do they get really dirty or busy and how many are there per hall?
I know it's a lot of questions but I missed the open days.
East slope

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6ruEH-5iW0

I have heard that Park houses are almost as social without quite the same levels of squalor.
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
Reply 2
Original post by WBrownx
Hi,
I'm trying to pick accommodation and I'm leaning towards East Slope but I keep hearing that its really grimy. I'm just wondering how so? I really like the idea of staying there as it seems more social and its the cheapest but I do like to keep things clean. Are their rats? I've read about the mushrooms in the bathroom but how common is that and can you just clear them out? Are there cleaners for the communal areas?

Also, about the bathrooms I heard they're not private so do they get really dirty or busy and how many are there per hall?
I know it's a lot of questions but I missed the open days.

Hi Buddy,
I've just offered by University of Sussex:

Headlease Property,, Brighton, UK

If you may someday interested to swap, please let me know and contact me.

I will sent the details later!

Your sincerely,
Antra
Reply 3
I have heard eastlope are HORRID! also they aren't as secure as other halls which have electronic entrance fobs whereas east slope always have unlocked doors etc. when i saw them on the open day they were horrible as well... i've spoken to someone from park village though who said the same as Freddie :smile:
Reply 4
They used to have a rat problem but that was years ago. However, you do see mushrooms in the bathroom, even though they get removed each week by the cleaner. The refurbished flats aren't as grim as the non-refurbished 12 people flats. I used to live in the latter one, and the kitchen was always awful, the smaller flats weren't as bad, but trust me, there will be rubbish drama in every flat. Surprisingly (or not), 2 showers between 12 wasn't a problem, we almost never had a queue.
Just to add, East Slope flat doors automatically get locked when they are closed. Park houses, in my experience, were not even half as social as East Slope
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply