The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

Where do all the 2nd and 3rd year students tend to live in Sheffield?

Hi guys!I’m coming to Sheffield to do my post-graduate degree and wanted to get some advice on where to live from all of you guys that know the area inside out. I’m looking for an area that’s not too ‘fresher-y’ and would ideally like to head towards the areas with majority 2nd and 3rd years living there (bit quieter, less rowdy, etc). Any advice you guys could give would be awesome!
Thanks,Tony
Crookesmoor, Crookes and Broomhill. Within the City such as near West Street and Portobello are also good options though tend more towards internationals.
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
I am living in western road
Anywhere near West Street is awful if you want quiet, Broomhill is decent although it's quite a trek to get there and back. Allen Court and that area is pretty decent but it's literally an uphill battle to get to uni :tongue:
Reply 4
Thanks guys. So I guess to narrow this down a bit.... Out of Crookesmoor, Crookes, Broomhill, West Street and Portobello- where am I LEAST likely to get woken up at 2am by a pack of gammoned students stumbling down the road signing the Baywatch theme at the top of their lungs?

Cheers
Also add Walkley and Ecclesall Road.
Church Hill Road
Original post by goslingl12
Hi guys!I’m coming to Sheffield to do my post-graduate degree and wanted to get some advice on where to live from all of you guys that know the area inside out. I’m looking for an area that’s not too ‘fresher-y’ and would ideally like to head towards the areas with majority 2nd and 3rd years living there (bit quieter, less rowdy, etc). Any advice you guys could give would be awesome!
Thanks,Tony

Hi Tony,

Hoping we can help out a little - If you're looking for stylish accommodation in Sheffield then why not check out Fresh Student Living!

We have 3 fantastic sites, all in great locations and close to the city centre and universities. All of our sites have social spaces, including regular on site social events, so a great way to meet and make new friends. There is a real mix of options; from shared apartments to your very own private studio.

We offer:
All bills included
Up to 100Mbps super-fast broadband
FREE contents insurance
Amazing social spaces with games room and TV lounge
On site gym and cinema room (at Century Sq)

(Please check our website for facilities at each location)

We are regularly running Open Days at our sites, so please check out their webpages for all up-to-date info. You can also pop in and see us any time.

GET IN TOUCH:
SHARMAN COURT: 0114 399 1580
CORNERHOUSE: 0114 321 7530
CENTURY SQ: 0114 399 1579
VISIT: FRESHSTUDENTLIVING.CO.UK/SHEFFIELD

We look forward to speaking with you soon!

Thanks,
Fresh :h:
Original post by goslingl12
Thanks,Tony

Hi Tony,
We find many of our 2nd and 3rd years live in the places that have already been mentioned in this thread - Crookes, Crookesmoor, Broomhill, Hunters Bar, Ecclesall and the City Centre.

As a University, we have our own service called propertywithUS that helps advise students on rental property within the private sector. We maintain a private sector registration scheme of private flats and houses for rent, and all the properties we advertise as available to let to students have to comply with out standards.

There's also a message board, so you can find other University students looking for, or advertising rooms: https://www.sheffield.ac.uk/propertywithus .

Hope that helps!

Georgia, Digital Marketing Assistant
Hi Tony and all chatters,
If you are looking around for Student Accommodation, you can easily book a viewing at Study Inn Sheffield, you may of seen our banner on TSR website, I wont bore you all with the ins and outs, but just to say feel free to visit our website take a look and if you need any help please get in touch!
Thanks very much
David
Reply 10
If you want sites that are not 'fresher-ish', there are some private apartments along West Street that are more catered to working adults and 2nd year and 3rd year students.

Some private apartments are in buildings like:

Royal Plaza
Portland Towers
Smithfield
Huttons Buildings

These apartments are located in the West Street area, which is convenient if you want to do groceries or head to city centre for administrative matters. There is a Tesco Metro that opens till midnight along West Street, which has a wider range of goods than Tesco Express. Furthermore, there are several takeaways of different varieties (Chinese, kebabs, etc)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending