The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Fish40
You said 'lol no one wants a job !' , but I want a job as a footballer so your statement is wrong Im saying

Posted from TSR Mobile

Without a job how would you fund the part of your life that you would like to explore instead of having a job then?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 21
Original post by theBranicAc
you get a job because you want money.
actually let me rephrase that, a job is means/a way of earning money

if you can get money without working(ie getting a job) then most people will go with that option

therefore no one wants a jobs, because most people like to be lazy and get things without work

apart from you liking football you want a job as a footballer because it offers you a good amount of money, you would't want to be a cleaner would you?

see what i mean now, idiot?

You don't understand, i would want a job as a footballer as i love playing football, not because of the money, if the money was £100 a week, id still want to be a footballer, you've misunderstood

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 22
Original post by halliethestudent
Without a job how would you fund the part of your life that you would like to explore instead of having a job then?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Explore what?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Fish40
You don't understand, i would want a job as a footballer as i love playing football, not because of the money, if the money was £100 a week, id still want to be a footballer, you've misunderstood

Posted from TSR Mobile

so you could live of £100p/w
Reply 24
Original post by theBranicAc
so you could live of £100p/w

Yeah maybe or might probably need more and also depends where you live and if you grow your own food, have your own built house. Not paying hundred of thousands for something that costs 50 grand to make. I could also find something else i like and get payed for it as well

Posted from TSR Mobile
[QUOTE=doodle_333;66405207]the idea of having a job you 'love' and find 'fulfilling' is oversold... for the vast majority work is something they do to earn enough to live on, for those who enjoy their job they still have bad days/periods of time... at 17 you are not going to find a job that is exciting and fun and you really enjoy, I would stick where you are and see how it goes, if you want something more fast paced or customer focused you can try and move into that but don't assume you'll be any happier

Lol oversold? It's undersold. Everyone is always 'everyone hates their job, be miserable like I am, welcome to the real world where you have to be a slave'
Reply 26
Original post by lolakirk
Lol oversold? It's undersold. Everyone is always 'everyone hates their job, be miserable like I am, welcome to the real world where you have to be a slave'

I agree with you

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Fish40
Im a kid, im 17 and people are telling me to get a job. Whats the point of a job? To make money or to have fun or both? All i did today in my first day of the job at the printing shop that does designs for brochures, wedding cards, banners etc.. , all i did was get double sided tape and stick it in a line on the same place on 100 wedding cards. Then i got sticky beads and stuck 2 on the same place on 200 other cards. Its oright , but you do the same thing again and again, an empty feeling. Should i find work experience/job i like?

Most people have jobs because they need money. If I gave you the option to earn money without working I'm sure most people would take it over having to work for it. Yes, you should try and find something you like
And your point is?
And your point is?

The OP asked why people have jobs, I answered his question
Reply 30
And your point is?

He gave some oright advice

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 31
Reply 32
Original post by Mayhem™
can't tell if troll or mentally deficient

How am i mentally deficient? What do you know that i don't know? Or are we both mentally deficient. Anyone can come up with these statements without a reason

Posted from TSR Mobile

everyone doesn't hate their job, but you have to find the positives in what you have rather than trying to search for some elusive 'perfect job' because it doesn't exist... if you are forced to do anything for 40 hours a week you are going to get bored and tired, unless you're making a lot of money you're going to feel resentful of being hard up sometimes, your colleagues and managers are going to piss you off, you're going to have a slump in performance etc... jobs seen as fulfilling generally have a difficult side to them (e.g. nursing) and jobs seen as fun are often poorly paid... there is no perfect job and unfortunately since everyone needs money to live you just have to get on with it

Original post by Fish40
I agree with you

Posted from TSR Mobile

you agree because you're a naive 17 y/o who thinks work should be as fun as playing football... no, you're only just starting out in the job market, you need to knuckle down and get some experience
Reply 34
Original post by doodle_333
everyone doesn't hate their job, but you have to find the positives in what you have rather than trying to search for some elusive 'perfect job' because it doesn't exist... if you are forced to do anything for 40 hours a week you are going to get bored and tired, unless you're making a lot of money you're going to feel resentful of being hard up sometimes, your colleagues and managers are going to piss you off, you're going to have a slump in performance etc... jobs seen as fulfilling generally have a difficult side to them (e.g. nursing) and jobs seen as fun are often poorly paid... there is no perfect job and unfortunately since everyone needs money to live you just have to get on with it

Tell that to Feynman and Einstein and Planck

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Fish40
Tell that to Feynman and Einstein and Planck

Posted from TSR Mobile

do you personally know them? My guess is they all had things they liked and didn't about their jobs and all had good and bad days.

I have a great job, it suits me and I work with nice people, it's also a job you could call 'rewarding'. I'd say I'm quite lucky. However I get *****y pay, for every feeling that you've done some good you also have a lot of stress and upset as it's just emotionally charged, sometimes my colleagues piss me off (because anyone would when you spend 40 hours a week with them) and some days I just can't be bothered. But I focus on the positives rather than the negatives.
Reply 36
Original post by doodle_333
do you personally know them? My guess is they all had things they liked and didn't about their jobs and all had good and bad days.

I have a great job, it suits me and I work with nice people, it's also a job you could call 'rewarding'. I'd say I'm quite lucky. However I get *****y pay, for every feeling that you've done some good you also have a lot of stress and upset as it's just emotionally charged, sometimes my colleagues piss me off (because anyone would when you spend 40 hours a week with them) and some days I just can't be bothered. But I focus on the positives rather than the negatives.

My guess is they loved their jobs from what theyve said about the subjefs they studied and the discoveries they uncovered.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 37
I was so depressed and ****** at the time of this post, sorry guys and girls.
I literally was just immature and tried to question stuff.

Lol I didnt want a job

Latest

Trending

Trending