The Student Room Group

Are my parents right? Is he going to drag me down? Convicted criminal & a Law student

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Listen to your parents.

Probably the only time I've said that.
Original post by Anonymous

Problem is, he's an ex- convict. He has done 3 years in jail for drug trafficking, criminal damage and possession of weapons.

Frankly, forget your future. This is just a big 'no thanks'.
Possession of weapons? Yeah, you probably won't live to reach your career goals.
Was the weapons possession a firearms or blade offence?
Original post by sameehaiqbal
This is funny. Everyone is acting like they havent done a crime in their life?

Yeah that is so shocking. You would expect 17 year old A-level students to have criminal records.
Original post by lolakirk
Yeah that is so shocking. You would expect 17 year old A-level students to have criminal records.

Not everyone here is a 17 year old A level student.
And then women complain there are no good men :facepalm2:
I think it's wise to just move on.. Your feelings will fade but his criminal record is permanent.. I wouldn't trust someone who has commited such a serious crime, it's just not sensible to allow yourself to be vulnerable to a person like that. Slowly cut contact in a safe way and move on, you'll be dodging a bullet
Original post by Anonymous
Yea, he ****ed up, big time and he was in a better place. It would be so much easier to move on if I knew he wasn't a changed person trying to get his life back together.

I just feel if I drop him it will be a kick in the face to him when he's trying to put his past behind him.

Although my parents did say his past is his past and shouldn't impact my future. *

Love is a drug, don't become a victim of this drug he's trafficking.
Try finding someone else who isn't an ext convinct like honestly surely you can do better than him
Not all criminals are gonna drag you down. It depends on what he did. Stole a can of coke, not so bad. Murdered like 270895 people, yeah I'd listen to your parents...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending