The Student Room Group
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website

Joining Sheffield Hallam for my 3rd year, which accommodation is best?

Hi all,

I'm a (soon-to-be) 20 year old student who has completed a Foundation Degree (equivalent to the first and second year of university). *Long story short*, I did A-levels but decided to further my education in a different field for which I had no A-levels, hence why I did a Foundation Degree - sounds weird but I enjoy what I do now.

I'll be joining Sheffield Hallam for the final year of my Bachelor's Degree in IT with Business Technologies during the 2016-2017 academic year (this September). I have not had the social experience of attending university and I won't know anyone there, so I would like to apply to live in Halls.

I know it is quite late in the application process but which accommodation sounds best for me? I would like an en-suite residence that is fairly social.
Original post by billy3396
Hi all,

I'm a (soon-to-be) 20 year old student who has completed a Foundation Degree (equivalent to the first and second year of university). *Long story short*, I did A-levels but decided to further my education in a different field for which I had no A-levels, hence why I did a Foundation Degree - sounds weird but I enjoy what I do now.

I'll be joining Sheffield Hallam for the final year of my Bachelor's Degree in IT with Business Technologies during the 2016-2017 academic year (this September). I have not had the social experience of attending university and I won't know anyone there, so I would like to apply to live in Halls.

I know it is quite late in the application process but which accommodation sounds best for me? I would like an en-suite residence that is fairly social.

Hey Billy,

We look forward to having you at Hallam for the next academic year! In terms of our accommodation, it's very similar and most locations are in walking distance so wherever you pick, you'll not be far from campus. Accommodation will be split into flats, most are separated into 4-6 bed flats. We recommend that you write on your accommodation application form that you will be a final year student and if you'd like to live with more mature students, write that too. Otherwise, there's something for everyone these days. Most have common rooms with games and TV. There are some lively areas and some quiet areas so make sure you go with your instinct for where you feel will be nice.

I hope that helps :smile:

Laura
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending