The Student Room Group

Word of advice for "shy" people

Don't ****ing let someone you're attracted to or getting to know, know that you are shy and oh so nervous or intimidated. It makes the other really ****ing nervous, just sit there and be shy no need to express it.

On another note .....

Also, guys stop lying about your shy when your the one who had the courage to approach the woman in the first place. We can see right through that game, you ain't making no one feel special nice try.
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

The world isn't so bad.
No you are not boring.
People won't always care about your opinion and honestly that shouldn't matter.
Original post by SayoniRoy
The world isn't so bad.
No you are not boring.
People won't always care about your opinion and honestly that shouldn't matter.

Is this advice for shy people?
Original post by xobeauty
Is this advice for shy people?

Don't know if it is for a shy person or not. This is what I feel I would tell myself. I am really shy in real life.
" shy" people man they piss all over my cornflakes all the time. Especially the boy ones.

But in general since I was a kid shy people make me Nervous esp when they are shy around certain people and not others.
do you mean those who pretend to be shy just to get your attention OP? or those who really are shy? because attitudes like yours aren't helping anyone
Original post by shawn_o1
do you mean those who pretend to be shy just to get your attention OP? or those who really are shy? because attitudes like yours aren't helping anyone

I'm talking about both.

No snarkyness- if you are really concerned about helping others ( which I'm not its more of a rant) you should go ahead and make your own thread about it.:smile:
Don't ****ing let someone you're attracted to or getting to know, know that you are shy and oh so nervous or intimidated. It makes the other really ****ing nervous, just sit there and be shy no need to express it.

On another note .....

Also, guys stop lying about your shy when your the one who had the courage to approach the woman in the first place. We can see right through that game, you ain't making no one feel special nice try.

Salty af
Original post by TaintedLight
Salty af

Very good. Good observation captain obvious.
Reply 9
Wow, you really have something against shy people.

I kinda get it, I mean, I started a all girls sixth form but went to a mixed high so have guy friends and I don't really get shy around them, but some of these girls barely speak to guys as are too shy in front of them. Which i struggle to understand.

Though, I do t think being loud is really all that amazing either.
Reply 10
Everyone
Shyness is nice, but shyness can stop you, from doing all the things in life you'd like to...
what is the point of this post lol
Looks like the OP had an experience which was not pleasent :K:
Reply 14

On another note .....

"Stop lying"? Guys are shy too but some take the time to build up the courage to approach someone they like because if they don't then they know they'll regret it.

It took me 4 to 5 weeks to actually build the courage to approach a girl I liked. Who the hell lies about being shy? Has shyness become attractive or something?
Original post by Eriasu
"Stop lying"? Guys are shy too but some take the time to build up the courage to approach someone they like because if they don't then they know they'll regret it.

It took me 4 to 5 weeks to actually build the courage to approach a girl I liked. Who the hell lies about being shy? Has shyness become attractive or something?

Shyness is seen as cute because it makes someone appear more vulnerable. I know, it's stupid.

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)

Other people being shy makes you nervous?! What's so difficult about being sympathetic and kind to put them at ease?
I'm shy and I can't help it. I'm sorry if that offends people but I try my best.
Original post by QuantumSnowy
Shyness is nice, but shyness can stop you, from doing all the things in life you'd like to...

So if there's something you'd like to try, if there's something you'd like to try, ask me I won't say no, how could I?
Original post by SassKing13
So if there's something you'd like to try, if there's something you'd like to try, ask me I won't say no, how could I?

Alright now, lets not get too coy, we all know what coyness can do

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending