The Student Room Group

Gove and Osborne sacked according to BBC

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-36785814

Two of my favorite Tories gone...

Scroll to see replies

Hip hip, horayyy! No more failing cuts!
Theresa May appointed Boris as FS... Oh dear.
Reply 3
Morgans gone too- good.
Reply 4
What happened to UK?

Im behind in the news xD
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Davij038
Morgans gone too- good.

After Gove it was difficult to imagine a more useless Education Secretary but she nearly managed it with the academies farce,
Reply 6
Well I had a strong distaste for both so whatever..
Apparently Jeremy Hunt is also out.

Glorious.
David Davis and Liam Fox in though.
Reply 9
Original post by gladders
David Davis and Liam Fox in though.

Dont know much about Davis- doesnt seem too mad though.

As for the disgraced former defence secretary, meh.

Johnson, Fox and Davis though- the brexit camp cant spin that as a remain sabotage...
Music to my ears. Gove, Osborne and Morgan were terrible ministers.
Anyone else concerned about Hammond as Chancellor, though? I can't be the only one.
Reply 12
Liz Truss- Justice Sec

Justine Greening- Education Sec
Reply 13
Truss seems interesting- apparently a republican Lib Dem at Uni with Commie parents!

Justine Greening - sounds sort of similar...
Original post by Snufkin
Music to my ears. Gove, Osborne and Morgan were terrible ministers.

They will be replaced by people we also will think terrible after a few weeks in office. The mechanisms, policies and views of the Tory money-laundering machine are all still in place, regardless of the personalities.
so happy about Gove
Original post by Fullofsurprises
They will be replaced by people we also will think terrible after a few weeks in office. The mechanisms, policies and views of the Tory money-laundering machine are all still in place, regardless of the personalities.

But not as terrible, I hope. You'd have to be truly appalling to match the Gove/Morgan disaster.
Original post by Davij038
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-36785814

Two of my favorite Tories gone...

I wonder if Osborne was offered the position of Foreign Secretary but refused it and opted to resign rather than take the demotion...

SS
Original post by Supersaps
I wonder if Osborne was offered the position of Foreign Secretary but refused it and opted to resign rather than take the demotion...

SS

I doubt it. I think May wanted to do away firmly with the Cameron era. She was obviously more disgruntled with Gideon and Dave than it appeared. I wonder if they had various spats about things.
Jeremy Hunt is still around as Health Secretary :rip:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending