The Student Room Group

in YOUR opinion, how hard would you say it is to get a first

i dont think il manage it, do you think you could get one?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by shawtyb

Nope. And I don't think I could invest the necessary effort either!
Reply 2
Original post by Platopus
Nope. And I don't think I could invest the necessary effort either!

do you think that getting a good grade in general, say 2:2 + is just as good?
Original post by shawtyb
do you think that getting a good grade in general, say 2:2 + is just as good?

For most jobs, I Would say so, yes.
Reply 4
For most jobs, I Would say so, yes.

what grade are you aiming for?
ideally id like a first but il settle for a 2:1
Original post by shawtyb
what grade are you aiming for?
ideally id like a first but il settle for a 2:1

Honestly, I'm aiming for a 2:2. I think anything less might be problematic but anything more would be a bonus.
Reply 6
Honestly, I'm aiming for a 2:2. I think anything less might be problematic but anything more would be a bonus.

i like it!!
good mantra
Original post by shawtyb
i like it!!
good mantra

Thank you :smile:
I was at 67% and I should've left uni to work full time and left on a good foot, but I kept going after a long break and bottled it. Now I'm looking at a 2:2 if that and I don't even wanna bother anymore tbh. Haven't told my mum eugh. Wanna kill maself :h:
Reply 9
Original post by 0to100
I was at 67% and I should've left uni to work full time and left on a good foot, but I kept going after a long break and bottled it. Now I'm looking at a 2:2 if that and I don't even wanna bother anymore tbh. Haven't told my mum eugh. Wanna kill maself :h:

oh no!!
your a smart little cookie, you can get better then 2:2!!
Original post by shawtyb

From a decent uni and a challenging course, it should be quite difficult otherwise it's kind of pointless having these classifications. I think it's about having some natural affinity for the subject, working smart (and hard) and constantly pushing yourself to do better. Which does take time and effort.
Reply 11
Original post by Eugenie Grandet
From a decent uni and a challenging course, it should be quite difficult otherwise it's kind of pointless having these classifications. I think it's about having some natural affinity for the subject, working smart (and hard) and constantly pushing yourself to do better. Which does take time and effort.

im not at this uni but where would you rate nottingham trent?
Original post by shawtyb
oh no!!
your a smart little cookie, you can get better then 2:2!!

I think I lost my drive after taking a sudden break in my 2nd year. I paid out of pocket my 1st year because it was a sudden choice and then I started having personal obstacles on top of being skint after. Then like I started to realise I've no idea why I'm here besides pleasing my mum so I can be the 1st in my family to not only go uni but leave with a top degree. :colonhash:
Reply 13
Original post by 0to100
I think I lost my drive after taking a sudden break in my 2nd year. I paid out of pocket my 1st year because it was a sudden choice and then I started having personal obstacles on top of being skint after. Then like I started to realise I've no idea why I'm here besides pleasing my mum so I can be the 1st in my family to not only go uni but leave with a top degree. :colonhash:

im the only one in my family to go uni as well but there all adamant its not worth it :/
Original post by shawtyb
im not at this uni but where would you rate nottingham trent?

I personally know nothing about it, but it's roughly mid-table according to the Guardian rankings for 2017, 51st position. http://www.theguardian.com/education/ng-interactive/2015/may/25/university-league-tables-2016
Original post by shawtyb
im the only one in my family to go uni as well but there all adamant its not worth it :/

Aw that's cool girl! :five: What they mean it's not worth it though.
Reply 16
I personally know nothing about it, but it's roughly mid-table according to the Guardian rankings for 2017, 51st position. http://www.theguardian.com/education/ng-interactive/2015/may/25/university-league-tables-2016

im gonna see where mine ranks

Original post by 0to100
Aw that's cool girl! :five: What they mean it's not worth it though.

wooo!! were smart cookies!! <3
dunno, they just say its not worth the debt but when im earning more then them, im sure they'll eat their words :smile:
There's loads you can do with 2:2 but the pride though after chasing 2:1 or a 1st
Reply 18

im legit shocked that my uni ranks better!! :O

Original post by 0to100
There's loads you can do with 2:2 but the pride though after chasing 2:1 or a 1st

there is but id rather try and get a 2:1. it would be my biggest acheivment (spelt wrong i know)
It's not as hard as some make out. It does require organisation and constant commitment but you don't need to flagellate yourself to achieve it. You also need to understand how your work is marked to understand how to push yourself into a first.

Quick Reply

Latest