The Student Room Group

How good is your English vocabulary?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Good bloke
On the contrary, you have many. All you have to do now is get them in the right order.

I have just a few more, it seems, but I can't use them all at once.

:eviltongue:

★★★ Top 6.08%
Your vocabulary is at the level of professional white-collars in the US!

I'll take that being a Northerner. :smile:
Screen Shot 2016-07-14 at 15.50.01.jpg
*smirks*

On the other hand, the fact that I had to google how to take a screenshot yet again is preserved for all eternity....:redface:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 23
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
*smirks*

On the other hand, the fact that I had to google how to take a screenshot yet again is preserved for all eternity....:redface:

Bravo. On both counts!

Posted from TSR Mobile
*smirks*

But you had to Google how to take a screenshot. *smirks* :wink:
Screen Shot 2016-07-14 at 4.06.40 pm.png

Did anyone find the quiz a bit strange at times? I was stumped for much longer than I should have by the first question because I kept looking for something like "compassion" as a synonym for "love", haha.*
Screen Shot 2016-07-14 at 11.12.31 pm.png

Not bad but not great either.
How are you people getting these marks?!?!?!! I thought I knew a lot of words but it turns out a 10 year old knows as much as me :frown:
.-.
Original post by Sempiternitas
But you had to Google how to take a screenshot. *smirks* :wink:
Screen Shot 2016-07-14 at 4.06.40 pm.png

Did anyone find the quiz a bit strange at times? I was stumped for much longer than I should have by the first question because I kept looking for something like "compassion" as a synonym for "love", haha.*

Well, I am old and my memory isn't what it once was... :frown: My vocabulary, on the other hand, seems just fine. Yes, the test was a bit Amerocentric. (I am allowed to make up words. The test said so.)
Original post by george_c00per
How are you people getting these marks?!?!?!! I thought I knew a lot of words but it turns out a 10 year old knows as much as me :frown:

I've had an entire career as an English teacher. It would have been a pretty poor show if I hadn't managed a decent score. You can probably add up better than I can.
I've had an entire career as an English teacher. It would have been a pretty poor show if I hadn't managed a decent score. You can probably add up better than I can.

That's made me feel a bit better, I mean I read quite a bit, such as newspaper articles, books etc but I've never come across any of the words after like the 30 mark :redface:
I got 22950... some of the words I'd never come across before... :ashamed:
Original post by george_c00per
That's made me feel a bit better, I mean I read quite a bit, such as newspaper articles, books etc but I've never come across any of the words after like the 30 mark :redface:

Just keep reading. It'll come.:smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1468509837.039488.jpg
And I'm an english student. Wow, oh well :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 35
10200:frown:
I'm an engineer - gimme a break :cry2:
Reply 37
untitled.png
Top 0.23%. Oh yeah!
*smirks*

A god amongst us mere mortals. :adore:
Original post by iEthan
A god amongst us mere mortals. :adore:

You may rise. Your obeisance is pleasing to us.

Quick Reply

Latest