The Student Room Group

Pokemon GO! Official Thread - now officially released in the UK!

Scroll to see replies

Too bad it doesn't have multiplayer fucntion :sad: , would have loved to play against some Fellow TSRarians here XD lol
Original post by FluffyCherry
Is possible to battle against other players ..?

If you mean multiplayer then no, it's not aviailable yet

Not at the moment at least. Most you can do is battle the other player Pokemon that they've left at the gyms
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
I've been interested over the past week or so to see what the play value (is that the right term?) is - it feels like it might be a bit of a gimmick which gets boring after a while :beard:

I didn't uninstall due to gameplay - I did it because it was getting in the way of life.
Original post by Cll_ws
It doesn't use too much data actually. About 5-8mb per hour i'd say. I've been playing since Monday and haven't used much at all.

I get 250mb per month so not sure if that's a lot. It takes 172mb to download I think? I've already used about 30mb so I'd only have 50mb left and it doesn't get refreshed until early-mid August. 50mb might give me a couple-few days of playing it, so not sure if I should. :tongue:
Original post by DJMayes
I didn't uninstall due to gameplay - I did it because it was getting in the way of life.

...that's waht I like to hear :colone:

Glad you've overcome your addiction though :tongue:
Servers down for anyone else?
[video="youtube;TxpyrE8zxNM"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxpyrE8zxNM[/video]

The real deal ladies and gentlemen.
If you already have the apk do youu have to download this? Also wtf is team Red winning. Team Yellow all the way.
How do I get more coins? Or really anything for that matter I don't really understand the concept - there don't seem to be any battles or ways to evolve your Pokemon? You just wander around throwing balls at them - is it simply a collection game? And the pokestops- nothing happens when I'm near one? Am I completely missing the point here?*
Reply 410
yeah once you reach level 5 at a Pokemon gym or something it comes up. I went to one and it said I have to be a level 5. It was near a primary and it was playtime was very awkward walking past.
Original post by That Arab Guy
[video="youtube;TxpyrE8zxNM"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxpyrE8zxNM[/video]

The real deal ladies and gentlemen.

lool :rofl: whats with the voice lol?? sounds like you need a cough medicine
Original post by LavenderBlueSky88
How do I get more coins? Or really anything for that matter I don't really understand the concept - there don't seem to be any battles or ways to evolve your Pokemon? You just wander around throwing balls at them - is it simply a collection game? And the pokestops- nothing happens when I'm near one? Am I completely missing the point here?*

1/ You can get more coins by using real money. Or you can conquer gyms and press the shield on the right top corner of the shop. This gives you a bonus if you have a gym in possession.
2/ The battles are at gyms.
3/ You evolve by getting candy specific to the pokemon and stardust by capturing other Pokemon.
4/ At a Pokestop you spin the coin and you tap on the items that come out.
Hope I helped! :smile:
Original post by mr T 999
lool :rofl: whats with the voice lol?? sounds like you need a cough medicine

LOOL.
Original post by MezmorisedPotato
1/ You can get more coins by using real money. Or you can conquer gyms and press the shield on the right top corner of the shop. This gives you a bonus if you have a gym in possession.
2/ The battles are at gyms.
3/ You evolve by getting candy specific to the pokemon and stardust by capturing other Pokemon.
4/ At a Pokestop you spin the coin and you tap on the items that come out.
Hope I helped! :smile:

so basically I have to pay as I can't level up my Pokemon without buying them candy?*
Original post by shawn_o1
Yet I've been out the house and seen no obvious signs of this obsession everyone's talking about.

I meant central London. But I live in north London and I saw a big group playing it around our local market square earlier. And my sister apparently saw loads in our local park.
so basically I have to pay as I can't level up my Pokemon without buying them candy?*

If you transfer the pokemon you catch to the professor then you get candy from them :smile:
Do you get to fight other people's Pokemon?

I wish my smart phone hadn't broken :cry:

I have no money to buy another one with. I am unemployed :frown:
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
If you transfer the pokemon you catch to the professor then you get candy from them :smile:

how do I make my Pokemon stronger?

You can gain candy by caputring the same pokemon as the one you caught. There may be lots in the wild. This gives candy which contributes to the leveling up and evolutions. You gain stardust by capturing random pokemon so that shouldn't be a worry. By transferring them, you gain candy to level pokemon up to make them stronger.

Quick Reply

Latest