The Student Room Group
Does he mean not leaving Europe but leaving the EU..? The man is talking riddles! :lol: Non-stop banter machine, Boris is :ahee:
Reply 2
The Earth's land is divided into these things called "continents". One of these is Europe. Europe contains the United Kingdom. There are no plans as of yet to designate the UK as an isolated continent.
Original post by JordanL_

LOL

:rofl:

Ha, such lol. We all know what he means, so its basically just knitpicking.

How exactly would an island on the European continent move away from "Europe" within 2 years? Theres literally nothing wrong with Johnson said.

European Union =/= Europe ............. (and certainly not geological Europe)
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
The Earth's land is divided into these things called "continents". One of these is Europe. Europe contains the United Kingdom. There are no plans as of yet to designate the UK as an isolated continent.

You never know, we may build a wall if it catches on from Trump :zomg:
Original post by PugDevil
You never know, we may build a wall if it catches on from Trump :zomg:

But a wall wouldn't separate us from Europe either...

I'd be super impressed if we had the technology to make the United Kingdom motile!
Original post by Galaxie501
How exactly would an island on the European continent move away from "Europe" within 2 years? Theres literally nothing wrong with Johnson said.European Union =/= Europe ............. (and certainly not geological Europe)

So it's completely redundant to make the statement literally, so he was probably suggesting the EU. Thanks for making clear what I thought anyone with basic reading comprehension would have picked up themselves.
Putting the continents thing aside, then I think we are leaving Europe in a way to go our own way. Birtually everyone else is in the EU.
Have to wait and see what they negotiate and how close our ties might be.
Original post by TimGB
But a wall wouldn't separate us from Europe either...

They could pretend :K: No that's very true. Apologies for my bad joke :colondollar:
So it's completely redundant to make the statement literally, so he was probably suggesting the EU. Thanks for making clear what I thought anyone with basic reading comprehension would have picked up themselves.

Its not that hard.

"We're not leaving Europe" = We're not leaving the European community, we are just leaving the EU.

Those two are not the same. Luckily!
Reply 11

No, he was probably not. Many people are framing our vote to leave the EU as a vote against having anything to do with Europe as a whole, as a vote against the European community, as a xenophobic vote against everyone in Europe outside of the UK. This is the kind of false equivalency he is most likely targeting.
Last time I checked there were no plans to try and haul the UK far enough across the Atlantic for it not to be classified as part of Europe. However, I believe there is some plan about the UK leaving some political union which many European countries belong to.

Are you aware that Europe existed before 1993, and even 1957?
No, he was probably not. Many people are framing our vote to leave the EU as a vote against having anything to do with Europe as a whole, as a vote against the European community, as a xenophobic vote against everyone in Europe outside of the UK. This is the kind of false equivalency he is most likely targeting.

A false equivalency which JordanL_ is actually making with this very post, I'll add.

Quick Reply

Latest