The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
I got asked out by a girl and since she isn't the prettiest of the girls no one likes her in the school (also I've heard she was mean in primary school). Not even my friends. Although I have no feelings for her(I don't really feel any emotions for anyone) should I go out with her? I know people will make jokes but I don't know what to do? Cause saying no will break her heart.

I get ur dilemma, but it is ur choice, and ik u wouldnt want to hurt her feelings, if i was in the same place of u and a guy asked me out, i would not want to hurt his feelings too, so yh maybe just go out with her just once and see what happens, but if u still dont have any feelings for her, then tell her, that way she will not get hurt, or just decline her offer of going out in a nice way
hope this helps :smile:
Reply 2
i guess just do what you think is best but try not to just date her cause you feel sorry for her
Reply 3
Original post by x-bhakti-patel
I get ur dilemma, but it is ur choice, and ik u wouldnt want to hurt her feelings, if i was in the same place of u and a guy asked me out, i would not want to hurt his feelings too, so yh maybe just go out with her just once and see what happens, but if u still dont have any feelings for her, then tell her, that way she will not get hurt, or just decline her offer of going out in a nice way
hope this helps :smile:

Yeah Thanks. I am actually going for a movie with her. Its not meant to be a date but I don't know if she knows that.
Reply 4
Original post by fefssdf
i guess just do what you think is best but try not to just date her cause you feel sorry for her

Okay. Thanks man
Yeah Thanks. I am actually going for a movie with her. Its not meant to be a date but I don't know if she knows that.

Thats good then, just see how it goes anyway, so best of luck :smile:
It's better to be honest with her now, rather than getting yourself into a situation with her and then having to extract yourself. That will make her feel even worse (and you might make yourself miserable to boot).

Be kind, but firm, and perhaps even apologise even though you've done nothing wrong. If she reacts badly or angrily, try to take the high road and don't say anything mean. She's put her feelings on the line, and that's never easy.

Hope that helps.
Going out with her just because you feel bad for saying no would hurt even more
Reply 8
Original post by x-bhakti-patel
Thats good then, just see how it goes anyway, so best of luck :smile:

Thank you
Reply 9
Original post by JoPearson89
It's better to be honest with her now, rather than getting yourself into a situation with her and then having to extract yourself. That will make her feel even worse (and you might make yourself miserable to boot).

Be kind, but firm, and perhaps even apologise even though you've done nothing wrong. If she reacts badly or angrily, try to take the high road and don't say anything mean. She's put her feelings on the line, and that's never easy.

Hope that helps.

Okay Thank you
Original post by A-LJLB
Going out with her just because you feel bad for saying no would hurt even more

Right. It's complicated man.. I can't let go things easily , it gives me stress. I couldn't sleep for 3 nights. But I get what you mean and I'll try my best. Thanks mate
Go out with her if you want to!
If not dont!
Only you can decide what you want to do!
If you like her then thats all that matters! Nothing else!
Original post by FireFreezer77
Go out with her if you want to!
If not dont!
Only you can decide what you want to do!
If you like her then thats all that matters! Nothing else!

okay thank you man
Reply 13
If your hearts really not in it its better to give a gentle decline as it will be worse angst later. But if you're genuinely in two minds then give it a go.
Reply 14
It would be crueler of you to lead her on when you've already stated that you don't find her attractive like at all.

Just politely decline her. She might be a little crestfallen now but its better than you sticking yourself into a relationship you never wanted.
Original post by Zarek
If your hearts really not in it its better to give a gentle decline as it will be worse angst later. But if you're genuinely in two minds then give it a go.

I don't know myself mate. A meeting has been planned and I guess I'll go and see what happens. Thank you mate
Original post by markreed
It would be crueler of you to lead her on when you've already stated that you don't find her attractive like at all.

Just politely decline her. She might be a little crestfallen now but its better than you sticking yourself into a relationship you never wanted.

Right okay. The thing is don't feel anything about anyone not even my mum and dad or friends. So I don't know. We kinda planned a meeting and I think I'll go and see what happens. Thanks mate
I got asked out by a girl and since she isn't the prettiest of the girls no one likes her in the school (also I've heard she was mean in primary school). Not even my friends. Although I have no feelings for her(I don't really feel any emotions for anyone) should I go out with her? I know people will make jokes but I don't know what to do? Cause saying no will break her heart.

I'm pretty sure she'll recover quicker than you anticipate. You're probably best deploying some kind of metaphorical smokescreen by claiming that you feel too immature to enter into a relationship.
Original post by Foo.mp3
Just say: "sure, we can hang out, as friends" :h:

Thanks foo
Original post by profundis
I'm pretty sure she'll recover quicker than you anticipate. You're probably best deploying some kind of metaphorical smokescreen by claiming that you feel too immature to enter into a relationship.

Right okay thanks mate

Latest

Trending

Trending