The Student Room Group

BREXIT: Second referendum more likely now....

Second Referendum more likely now because:

a) Both Labour challengers to Corbyn say they support a second referendum, this time on the "deal" arranged by Boris.

b) LibDems have already said they will be campaigning on REMAIN or return.

c) The second referendum petition will be heard by MPs in parliament (5th September).

d) The government only have a majority of 12 (will not take many by-elections or defections to clobber that).

e) Boris is already on record of being in favour of second referendum.

Thus if REMAIN organise massive demonstration in London on 5th of September (date of the parliament debate) if might , it might just swing it a bit..

I mean anyone can tell the economy is potentially shot to pieces, its like the lull before the storm hits the fan.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by FredOrJohn

a) Both Labour challengers to Corbyn say they support a second referendum, this time on the "deal" arranged by Boris.

c) The second referendum petition will be heard by MPs in parliament (5th September).

d) The government only have a majority of 12 (will not take many by-elections or defections to clobber that).

Thus if REMAIN organise massive demonstration in London on 5th of September (date of the parliament debate) if might , it might just swing it a bit..

I mean anyone can tell the economy is potentially shot to pieces, its like the lull before the storm hits the fan.

I think the clincher will be how big the demonstration is on 5th September
Ok now I'm contacting Putin, I warned you.
Reply 3
Original post by ckfeister
Ok now I'm contacting Putin, I warned you.

I think you'll be toast
I really don't think that this is the case unfortunately since at the current rate, Labour (and the Lib Dems) are resigning themselves to irrelevancy for the foreseeable future...
Reply 5
There is a whole entire country out there. Sick and tired of these sore losers who seem to think that the United Kingdom is basically London.
Reply 6
Original post by Plagioclase
I really don't think that this is the case unfortunately since at the current rate, Labour (and the Lib Dems) are resigning themselves to irrelevancy for the foreseeable future...

When I say "more likely" I do not mean to imply "highly likely" - I mean more likely than last week.

clearly to OPENLY state this will be your policy if elected makes something "more likely" as does having Boris Johnson as Foreign Secretary - the person who famously put this option to the British people only recently.

A majority of 12 only needs 6 people to vote with the opposition to block clause 50.
Reply 7
Original post by Pulse.
There is a whole entire country out there. Sick and tired of these sore losers who seem to think that the United Kingdom is basically London.

Yeah and that's a big reason why the country voted to leave.
Reply 8
Original post by Pulse.

...REMAIN includes: Manchester, Edinburgh, Cardiff, Bristol, Liverpool, Glasgow, and Belfast

(that list includes every capital city in all four parts of the UK)
This guy is as obsessed with this forum as that KingBradly guy is.
The quality of debates in this forum section really had gone downhill ever since the referendum vote.

Let's hope the OP will give it a rest soon and we can all go back to some rational debates.
Reply 11
Original post by Karosan
Yeah and that's a big reason why the country voted to leave.

..REMAIN includes: Manchester, Edinburgh, Cardiff, Bristol, Liverpool, Glasgow, and Belfast

Reply 12
..REMAIN includes: Manchester, Edinburgh, Cardiff, Bristol, Liverpool, Glasgow, and Belfast

Cities with the same elitism that there is in London.
Reply 13
Original post by CherishFreedom
The quality of debates in this forum section really has gone downhill ever since the referendum vote.

Let's hope the OP will give it a rest soon and we can all go back to some rational debates.

Dont write on the OPs thread if you are not interested. There are literally hundred of threads here - Or indeed, heaven forbid, start your own thread...

What on earth is wrong with you that you cannot think of a topic to write about?

Surely there must be ONE thing you are interested in?

Just write about it, no one will bite your head off.
Reply 14
Original post by Karosan

lol, Belfast and liverpool, right
Reply 15

Oh for Christ's sake, give it up already. There will not be a second referendum. Your side lost fair and square, stop acting like spoilt children and move on with your lives.
Reply 16
Original post by Wōden
Oh for Christ's sake, give it up already. There will not be a second referendum. Your side lost fair and square, stop acting like spoilt children and move on with your lives.

No point saying that to the OP just email the MPs who are asking for the second referendum
Why waste your time telling me your frustrations?
Reply 17
...REMAIN includes: Manchester, Edinburgh, Cardiff, Bristol, Liverpool, Glasgow, and Belfast

And remain still lost.
A majority of 12 only needs 6 people to vote with the opposition to block clause 50.

Ummmm, no parliamentary vote is needed, there will be a strictly enforced 3 line whip, you ignore vacant seats, assume full turnout, and assume that everybody on the opposition benches cares not for democracy. I expect if there were a vote most of Labour would either abstain or vote in favour, particularly where UKIP is strong.
Original post by Karosan

You must be living in Grimsby I see.

Quick Reply