The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Aph
Well it's the 13th today so let's look at that.

1 Aug

You don't count today because it has started but you count every day after upto and including the day you are counting to. If you counted to the 17th you would be excluding the fact that there is a day between the 17th and 18th.

Yeh sorry I thought you were including today :redface:
hurrryyyyyy upppppppp so i can actually plan my life fgs
Original post by fefssdf
hurrryyyyyy upppppppp so i can actually plan my life fgs

I know! Our lives are literally on hold til the 18th and it's painful 😢
Original post by emiloujess
I know! Our lives are literally on hold til the 18th and it's painful 😢

i don't know what I'm doing ; I've got it into my head that I'm 100% going to my firm and I'm imagining myself living there and I've seen all the pics of the hall and everything and then i might not even get it in and its stressing me out cause my insurance accommodation is awful and oohed ahhhh
Original post by fefssdf
i don't know what I'm doing ; I've got it into my head that I'm 100% going to my firm and I'm imagining myself living there and I've seen all the pics of the hall and everything and then i might not even get it in and its stressing me out cause my insurance accommodation is awful and oohed ahhhh

I'm 80% sure I haven't got my firm 😢 But at the same time completely in love with it.
Original post by emiloujess
I'm 80% sure I haven't got my firm 😢 But at the same time completely in love with it.

yep same I'm just praying they somehow let me in anyways
I've been able to distract myself by getting a job. But even thats not enough, luckily I'm going on holiday soon :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone gonna get mark schemes?? Its just last year someone uploaded them early so has anyone got access to them?!?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
The worst thing is, I went to a post offer visit day for my firm choice. Stayed overnight in the college I was allocated to, so obviously got attached to the college, the university, and the town. Going to be absolutely DEVASTATED if I miss my offer D:
Every time I see this thread title my heart does a flipping backflip

If I don't meet my firm offer I might as well just die tbh
Original post by target21859
Definitely tyrion. His performance in the trial was amazing. I also like Pod as he's just quite a likeable character. I've watched quite a few series again and I too wish I could erase it from my memory to experience it again. I wished I watched GOT earlier but at the same time I don't. It's great. I've got something to watch which I haven't before. I did start watching a few years ago but I got bored after the first two episodes. I'm really glad I just bought the box set and watched it. Definitely my favourite series and replaces my number one favourite which was breaking bad. I've heard season 5 is the weakest one so far but has one of the best episodes. Season 4 was simply superb. Definitely my favourite.

Yesss he should have won an oscar for that- he was so awesome. The speech gives me chills and i've basically memorised it haha- " I'm on trial for being a bastard". Yeah I get that feeling quite a lot but the opposite way round. Yeah the first few episodes arent thatt gripping but I was told how good it was so I kept going. I need to watch breaking bad actually but I already know the the huge spoiler about the main character so i'm not sure if its worthit.

Yeah season 5 was **** in my opinion compared to the latter seasons- but I guess expectations are high with the show. Season 4 and 3 were amazingg and prince oberyn was awesome but too obsessed wirh revenge. Your opinion might change with season 6 though as that was amazing as well. I love pod too ahahaha and a lot of my friends dont get why. But my favouite is probably Jaime and then Sansa. Although Tyrion's chapters on the other hand are my favourite

Original post by target21859
I just looked at the release dates for the books and he first one was released in 1996! And there's still 2 more to come I think. Is it a bad thing that he series no longer has the book to support it? Did George tell them the general direction of how it should go? Also do the books have a lot more content than the show? ie more depth to certain characters.

Edit: I also liked that prince.

Yeah it's so crazy how long the series has been going on for.. before i was born lol- yeah winds of winter and something spring. Yeah in an interview or whatever they said they've known how the show ends for a while now and its all about executing so George must have.

Yeah there's a lot more depth as its hard to portray everything on screen and so much more characters and so as a result a lot of people's storylines are completely different to the books- ie sansa, rickon,daenerys and loads more. And people like Maergery aren't really so much of a big part as she is in the tv show- natalie dormer really brought the character alive I think. But yeah they are basically separate entities now and I guess should be treated as such past like dance with dragons I would say, it's very loyal in early seasons but since the others books aren't out I don't know how loyal it has been anymore.

Also is that tokyo ghoul in your display picture?? :biggrin:
Original post by chloeabeki
The worst thing is, I went to a post offer visit day for my firm choice. Stayed overnight in the college I was allocated to, so obviously got attached to the college, the university, and the town. Going to be absolutely DEVASTATED if I miss my offer D:

Think positively- you got that offer for a reason- someone had faith in you aha. Can still move to the town anyway :wink:

Original post by Serine Soul
Every time I see this thread title my heart does a flipping backflip

If I don't meet my firm offer I might as well just die tbh

If you do can I have all your assets? :biggrin:. Where are you hoping to go and what is your offer?
Finally looked over the course content, it looks so interesting!
Original post by ScienceFantatic

Also is that tokyo ghoul in your display picture?? :biggrin:

Yes. I love Tokyo ghoul. One of my favourite animes alongside full metal alchemist brotherhood.
Props to tokyo ghoul, 34 days left to 8:00 am on 18 aug = results day
Reply 695
Original post by lawlieto
What was the killer question in OCR A chem?
Anyway don't be too disappointed, last year I was sure I'd get a B in C2 and I got 93% UMS (I even cried that I was too crap :biggrin:)

All my maths exams had some killer questions. Chemistry was a lot of small questions that let me down
Original post by WaywardWriter
I've been able to distract myself by getting a job. But even thats not enough, luckily I'm going on holiday soon :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

yh i have a job but still time is going so so so slow and yh I'm going on holiday end of july but even after that its still over a month to go -_-
Rediscovering my addiction to the Sims 😂
Reply 698
Is anyone else being told there is a post on this tread that doesn't exist?
Original post by chloeabeki

Oxford? If so what college?

Quick Reply

Latest