Will this cover it?

Here is my University's estimated costs and fees:
New students starting Fall 2016/Spring 2017 - UK/EU
Tuition - £9,000
Confirmation Deposit - N/A
Standard Housing (shared room with meal plan) - from £7,800*
Housing Deposit - £350
Estimated additional living costs (Transport, books, etc) - £2,250

I have the first four sections accounted for. The 'Estimated additional living costs' I haven't really though. It's my intention to get a job when I'm at University. Will this cover it?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by similarBlank
Here is my University's estimated costs and fees:
New students starting Fall 2016/Spring 2017 - UK/EU
Tuition - £9,000
Confirmation Deposit - N/A
Standard Housing (shared room with meal plan) - from £7,800*
Housing Deposit - £350
Estimated additional living costs (Transport, books, etc) - £2,250

I have the first four sections accounted for. The 'Estimated additional living costs' I haven't really though. It's my intention to get a job when I'm at University. Will this cover it?

Is that a london univeristy, otherwise that meal plan sounds like a rip off and i 'd strongly suggest you go for self catered if it's an option. Are you much of a drinker, £45 a week after bills and food sounds too much really, i only ever spent £20-30 if that after bills and food (although i dont really drink).
Original post by claireestelle
Is that a london univeristy, otherwise that meal plan sounds like a rip off and i 'd strongly suggest you go for self catered if it's an option. Are you much of a drinker, £45 a week after bills and food sounds too much really, i only ever spent £20-30 if that after bills and food (although i dont really drink).

Yep, it's a London University and I don't drink.
Yep, it's a London University and I don't drink.

Ah that's kind of understandable if it's london, although it would depend on how much you'll be using public transport.
Ah that's kind of understandable if it's london, although it would depend on how much you'll be using public transport.

Hopefully not that much. Currently, thanks to my Oyster card, I get free bus travel but that ends in September. After that I believe I can apply for an Oyster card that'll give me a discount but I just opened a student bank account which gives me a 4 year bus card anyway.

I live in South-West London and the University is about an hour away by bus in West London.
Hopefully not that much. Currently, thanks to my Oyster card, I get free bus travel but that ends in September. After that I believe I can apply for an Oyster card that'll give me a discount but I just opened a student bank account which gives me a 4 year bus card anyway.

I live in South-West London and the University is about an hour away by bus in West London.

I've only been to london as a vistor but assuming you've looked into your bus pass being accepted everywhere you need it to, it seems that you're budget is realistic. I will say that self catering could save you some cash still, assuming you can cook.
I've only been to london as a vistor but assuming you've looked into your bus pass being accepted everywhere you need it to, it seems that you're budget is realistic. I will say that self catering could save you some cash still, assuming you can cook.

I don't think I can cook, really. :tongue: If I can I've never really tried.

If I did self-cate though I'd probably just use a microwave. But then I'd need to get a microwave....

Anyway, my accomodation still isn't confirmed. In fact they say it's full and I've been put on the waiting list, so I'm slightly concerned about not getting any accomodation at all. I just think there'd be less to think about if I did get University accomodation, but it may not happen.
I don't think I can cook, really. :tongue: If I can I've never really tried.

If I did self-cate though I'd probably just use a microwave. But then I'd need to get a microwave....

Anyway, my accomodation still isn't confirmed. In fact they say it's full and I've been put on the waiting list, so I'm slightly concerned about not getting any accomodation at all. I just think there'd be less to think about if I did get University accomodation, but it may not happen.

Yes but you can learn to cook and microwaves are quite cheap really.
Reply 8
Self-catering halls usually supply things like cookers and microwaves in a shared kitchen.

Cooking's easy enough if you start with a very basic recipe book. I've never been able to produce a roast dinner without major trauma, but I'm still alive in my fifties. A few basic recipes will take you far.
Use your summer to lear to cook. You don't need to learn to cook a huge amount either.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending