The Student Room Group

What made you decide your chosen career path?

Curious to read some of your epiphanic moments(or perhaps not) :lol:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Foo.mp3
Destiny.

What career is that then?
Thought it would be interesting but its just as boring as any other career

Posted from TSR Mobile
100% what people told me on tsr

Spoiler

I love maths, physics, the climate and research.
Money.
My dad had a lot of radiotherapy and i found it interesting so woohoo i now want to be a radiographer :smile:
Because I love History so so so much, I spend my days reading history books and things, and I excel at it academically. So I thought, I'll be a History academic/researcher/professor (and also I can do a PHD and get a Dr. in front of my name instead of miss/mrs and that's pretty awesome as well). :smile:
Well I've always love working with children so I wanted to be an early years teacher. But after doing several work placements in nurseries and pre schools I thought it wasn't challenging enough and I wanted to do more so I decided that I want to be a primary school teacher.
I've wanted a career in scientific research for a while, I just wasn't sure which area of biology. I then took a module in veterinary parasitology and fell in love with learning about it :lol: I've also been keen to contribute towards veterinary health too so this is perfect for me.
Reply 10
Original post by SteamboatMickey
Because I love History so so so much, I spend my days reading history books and things, and I excel at it academically. So I thought, I'll be a History academic/researcher/professor (and also I can do a PHD and get a Dr. in front of my name instead of miss/mrs and that's pretty awesome as well). :smile:

The history PhD dream. One day. :moon:
Having a major operation suddenly made me really interested in sciences, especially in becoming a surgeon.
Then, surprisingly, charity ads from organisations like Save the Children and MSF actually gave me the proper eureka moment- I wanted to be doing things like that. Therefore, after lots of research I decided that I wanted to go into medical aid work :biggrin:
Reply 12
Money
Innate vocation from around the age of 4.
Long so imma put in spoilers

Spoiler

Have loved acting (Drama) from a long time..so hopefully an actor! Parents want me to be a dentist though..
Original post by childofthesun
Long so imma put in spoilers

Spoiler

You are aware your work will place your life in danger sometimes,but will you still carry on ?
Original post by sameehaiqbal
My dad had a lot of radiotherapy and i found it interesting so woohoo i now want to be a radiographer :smile:

I thought you wanted to do medicine -_-

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Pokemon12
I thought you wanted to do medicine -_-

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes I have plans to enter Medicine through graduate entry but thats a long way off. I need a degree first.
money was a part of it but not the sole reason
I'd say versatility and beauty of my products is a big part of it
along with the interesting characters you meet along the way
and some of the good stuff you can get for yourself (I'm picking up my Mercedes today :biggrin:)

my chosen path is jewellery dealing

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending