The Student Room Group

I can't find a Bra that fits?

I've read the sticky and the Reddit page but my bras never fit :frown: I lost a bit of weight and went off the Pill and my boobs kind of deflated and droop. Even when the lady at Bravissimo recommended a bra that "fit", it left my back hurting after I wore it today wtf. It was in a 28E though and it's lace so might have stretched, but the cups already seem too big.

Help, how do I find a bra that fits? :mad:

Scroll to see replies

Hey Jeremy, why are u being a d*** to junior doctors? :wink:
measure your bust again
I think VS Stores measure?
Reply 4
Original post by shawn_o1
measure your bust again

I'm not good at it, I went to the bra shop only a month ago but I might have to again :frown:

@saraxh thanks hon, none in my area though. Are Boux avenue good?
Try a 30D.
During cases like these, you need to find your "sister" bra size. More info here: http://assets.biggerbras.us/guides-fitting-help/fitting-bras/graphics/sister-sizing.jpg

Did you know that the bra cup size is relative to the band size? This means that when a bra's band size is increasing, the relative cup volume is decreasing. And when a bra's band size is decreasing, the relative cup volume is increasing. Because of this, more bra cup sizes can have the same volume, if they do have different band sizes. Bra sizes with about the same cupvolume (actual cup size) - even tough they are labeled with different cup sizes - are called "bra sister sizes".

For example, I "thought" I was a 38B. But I found the band quite loose fitting. Now, if I went to a 36B, the cup volume would've been too big for me and therefore my bra cups would wrinke up and there would be too much space. SO, I tried a 36C and its perfect. The band is tighter but the cup is the same equivalent to a 38B. This is a sister bra size. You should definitely explore some of these.

Don't forget you have MORE than one bra size! Try them all on! You'll be surprised.

With a 30D, you have increased your band size (therefore your back wont hurt) but your cup volume will stay the same or decrease just a tiny bit, which will adjust to your boobs much better. Band size makes all the difference.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by sameehaiqbal
Try a 30D.
During cases like these, you need to find your "sister" bra size. More info here: http://assets.biggerbras.us/guides-fitting-help/fitting-bras/graphics/sister-sizing.jpg

Did you know that the bra cup size is relative to the band size? This means that when a bra's band size is increasing, the relative cup volume is decreasing. And when a bra's band size is decreasing, the relative cup volume is increasing. Because of this, more bra cup sizes can have the same volume, if they do have different band sizes. Bra sizes with about the same cupvolume (actual cup size) - even tough they are labeled with different cup sizes - are called "bra sister sizes".

For example, I "thought" I was a 38B. But I found the band quite loose fitting. Now, if I went to a 36B, the cup volume would've been too big for me and therefore my bra cups would wrinke up and there would be too much space. SO, I tried a 36C and its perfect. The band is tighter but the cup is the same equivalent to a 38B. This is a sister bra size. You should definitely explore some of these.

Don't forget you have MORE than one bra size! Try them all on! You'll be surprised.

Oh, I never understood that sister bra thing but thx for explaining! :smile: gonna go Town on the weekend and try on a 30D and sister sizes.

Where would you recommend to get my bras from btw? Marks & Spencer sizes are off and Bravissimo is expensive :frown:
i cant find a bra size either.
In some shops i'm 34B other shops i'm a 32C.

Spoiler

Original post by JeremyHunt
I've read the sticky and the Reddit page but my bras never fit :frown: I lost a bit of weight and went off the Pill and my boobs kind of deflated and droop. Even when the lady at Bravissimo recommended a bra that "fit", it left my back hurting after I wore it today wtf. It was in a 28E though and it's lace so might have stretched, but the cups already seem too big.

Help, how do I find a bra that fits? :mad:

Its probable you have your size wrong.

Get a proper fitting. Rigby and Peller are the most famous
https://www.rigbyandpeller.co.uk/stores

M&S
http://www.marksandspencer.com/s/lingerie/be-inspired/bra-fit-appointment-booking-tool

John Lewis
http://www.johnlewis.com/our-services/lingerie-advice-service
Oh, I never understood that sister bra thing but thx for explaining! :smile: gonna go Town on the weekend and try on a 30D and sister sizes.

Where would you recommend to get my bras from btw? Marks & Spencer sizes are off and Bravissimo is expensive :frown:

Ann Summers' bra's are true to size. If not, their cup sizes may be a smidge smaller compared to the rest of the brands which sounds appropriate to you because you say your cup sizes feel a bit big. Also, try Debenhams bras as well. Don't forget that a bra band WILL stretch so don't panic if it feels a little tight in the fitting room.

They also have a huge sale on right now.
Reply 10
Original post by PrincessBO$$
i cant find a bra size either.
In some shops i'm 34B other shops i'm a 32C.

Spoiler

Where do you get yours from? I can't find a good bra shop either thats not expensive :frown:
Reply 11

Thank you :smile: I went to bravissimo which I've heard is really good, but their bra doesn't fit right though it did in the changing room. I'll see if theres a rigby & Peller near.

sameehaiqbal

Ann Summers' bra's are true to size. If not, their cup sizes may be a smidge smaller compared to the rest of the brands which sounds appropriate to you because you say your cup sizes feel a bit big. Also, try Debenhams bras as well. Don't forget that a bra band WILL stretch so don't panic if it feels a little tight in the fitting room.

Thanks! Ive never been inside Ann Summers lol, are they any good with helping with fittings?

Debenhams is a good idea thank you :smile:
Thank you :smile: I went to bravissimo which I've heard is really good, but their bra doesn't fit right though it did in the changing room. I'll see if theres a rigby & Peller near.

Thanks! Ive never been inside Ann Summers lol, are they any good with helping with fittings?

Debenhams is a good idea thank you :smile:

Yes they are very helpful. Don't try on the lacey or fancy bras but go their t-shirt bra section as that is what you'll be wearing everyday etc which you want to be comfortable.
They are in Harrogate, London and cambrudge. If you cant find them, then am sure you can find JL and M&S. If you want to both then hopefully they will agree. the assistants from R&P can tell just from sight. There are documentaries and articles about them, just google.
Reply 14
Yes they are very helpful. Don't try on the lacey or fancy bras but go their t-shirt bra section as that is what you'll be wearing everyday etc which you want to be comfortable.

I thought they only did lacey styles :colondollar:. Is there any t shirt style you recommend? I always find bras are comfy in the shop and hurt my back after :frown:

I wish I worked at debenhams
They do t-shirt bras that have a slight design to them like some light lace. Just go into the store and ask the lady that you are looking for t-shirt bras or alternative comfortable bras for everyday wear. You may feel a bit daunted when you enter the shop after seeing kinky lingerie but they do have comfortable bras right at the back. Even their lacy/kinky bras are very comfortable. I swear by Ann Summers.
I thought they only did lacey styles :colondollar:. Is there any t shirt style you recommend? I always find bras are comfy in the shop and hurt my back after :frown:

We're going to need a picture to judge better.
Where do you get yours from? I can't find a good bra shop either thats not expensive :frown:

primark bras are the worst
I get them from marks and spencer-expensive as hell but at least its more comfortable.
Original post by PrincessBO$$
primark bras are the worst
I get them from marks and spencer-expensive as hell but at least its more comfortable.

Surprisingly Sainsburys at the TU section actually have very comfortable bras.
But yeah I agree with you, Primark is very uncomfortable but I guess you get what you pay for. Lol.

Quick Reply

Latest