The Student Room Group

How do people manage to go on so many dates?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Reachin4TheStars
That's really mean, and if you have it, then go ahead, rlly wanaa see it! :biggrin: Thank you, I sure am, yourself? :tongue:

Ok! I'll see if I can find it.
No worries!
Good to hear it!
Yeah I'm all good thanks!
Original post by CheeseIsVeg
omg - high standards!

Spoiler

Spoiler

Original post by tasha_tah
On all of the posts uve always mentioned how unlucky u r cos u r avoided and don't have a woman... be patient cos the right one will come in ur life when the times right
Not everyone likes everyone ...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Really hate seeing this crap.

There is no right one, there is no right time. If you want something you go get it. There's no such thing as "waiting for the right one".
Believe it or not, there are many guys and girls in their 30s still "waiting"
Original post by FireFreezer77
Yeah you are!
Hmm well I suppose but it doesn't help when you get called ugly all the time :cry2:

Aww well I remember the time you had a pic of you for your profile pic and you're defiantly not ugly :h:
Whoever called you ugly were either jealous or had nothing else to do in their lives.

Anyway it's not that bad being single, there are many positive things about it
Original post by Emily.97
I dont think its an achievement to have been on tons and tons of dates. Have you ever seen first dates?
You'll see a pattern of behaviour where people sift through so many dates because they expect to find some kind of "spark", "click" or "connection" within an hour of talking to someone, when in reality, things take so much more time. So when things dont go perfectly, people give up too soon. People expect too much too soon, and so it isnt necessary to go on loads of dates with loads of people- lets slow things down.

No I don't either but it would be nice to have been on at least one by now.
Nope, never heard of it
Nah it takes longer than that! You've got to work at it!
Yeah that's the problem! I don't give up too soon! I make sure to see whether I like them or not.
But they always ditch me at the first possible opportunity because some hot guy is feeling them up (no joke). Then they go and cry when he ditches her!
Makes me so angry!
No I don't believe it is. I just want to go on one soon tbh.
If I slow things down anymore I'll be dead before I get with someone.
I'm not saying I want to go on loads of dates, but it would be nice to go on at least one at somepoint in the not too distant future!
Original post by Mrs House
Really hate seeing this crap.

There is no right one, there is no right time. If you want something you go get it. There's no such thing as "waiting for the right one".
Believe it or not, there are many guys and girls in their 30s still "waiting"

What's wrong with 'waiting' until you're in your 30s? If you have to be in your 30s, 40s, 50s (etc..) until you find someone who is right for you then so be it. I don't understand this rush everyone is in to find a partner.
No I don't either but it would be nice to have been on at least one by now.
Nope, never heard of it
Nah it takes longer than that! You've got to work at it!
Yeah that's the problem! I don't give up too soon! I make sure to see whether I like them or not.
But they always ditch me at the first possible opportunity because some hot guy is feeling them up (no joke). Then they go and cry when he ditches her!
Makes me so angry!
No I don't believe it is. I just want to go on one soon tbh.
If I slow things down anymore I'll be dead before I get with someone.
I'm not saying I want to go on loads of dates, but it would be nice to go on at least one at somepoint in the not too distant future!

Its just a case of finding the right person. I have no idea how you get to that place, but yes i understand your frustration.
Original post by 1secondsofvamps
Aww well I remember the time you had a pic of you for your profile pic and you're defiantly not ugly :h:
Whoever called you ugly were either jealous or had nothing else to do in their lives.

Anyway it's not that bad being single, there are many positive things about it

Aww Thankyou! But I disagree tbh, but thanks again!

Well that's everyone! I'm not sure everyone would be jealous of me tbh. But you're so kind!

Hmm well I suppose that's true. Less pressure!
Original post by Emily.97
Its just a case of finding the right person. I have no idea how you get to that place, but yes i understand your frustration.

True. No idea where I will find them tbh! Not here I don't think (I mean where I live not TSR haha!)
What place?
But yes it's very frustrating!
Reply 49
If I have managed to find myself a wonderful relationship then everyone else can. :yep: Seriously, don't stress about it, and don't actively search for it. Just enjoy yourself.
Original post by Airmed
If I have managed to find myself a wonderful relationship then everyone else can. :yep: Seriously, don't stress about it, and don't actively search for it. Just enjoy yourself.

Yeah you are a girl and probably hot. Guys have to do the asking out to girls so its unfair for guys like him although it does have its perks. Whereas shygirls in comparison can still get dates.
Original post by Airmed

But your awesome, I'm not! That's why you've found one!
Well I'll try not to but no promises.
Well there's no one here who would date me tbh. They all want the good looking guys!
I'll do my best! My MH is getting better so that's a bonus!
There are some guys out there that manage to go on dates everyday! And then theres me whos never been on one!
Its depressing thay all these guys are good looking too (no hate please or you will be reported)

Spoiler

But seriously how the hell is it possible for people to go on so many dates!
Ive tried to get to know girls but they just arent interested, none of them!
One even lead me on but thats another story!
So how do you guys get to go on so many dates and have 4000 girlfriends by the time your 20?
I mean i only want to have 1 in my life, someone i can be with forever!
Thanks!

Dont worry dude its ok if you dont have looks, girls prefer personality over looks, this is opposite for guys. It would be good if you had looks but I guess you cant have everything. Instead try to work on your personality. Plenty of guys who are ugly can still get girls... you think only good looking guys get girls in this world? If you cant get girls then try to find faults and improve personality
Reply 53
Original post by DropletInfection
Yeah you are a girl and probably hot. Guys have to do the asking out to girls so its unfair for guys like him although it does have its perks. Whereas shygirls in comparison can still get dates.

A: Not hot. In fact, I went to a mixed school and next to no one took notice of me. I'm a nerd. I had (and still do have) low self esteem and self confidence.

B: Got into my first relationship at uni.

C: Guys don't. That's complete social pressure and no one should feel forced to ask someone out.

But your awesome, I'm not! That's why you've found one!
Well I'll try not to but no promises.
Well there's no one here who would date me tbh. They all want the good looking guys!
I'll do my best! My MH is getting better so that's a bonus!

I'm not awesome at all, trust me. Opportunities will come up, for there is uni! Glad to hear abour your MH.

Exactly!
Guys who aren't good looking get shut down instantly! It's so unfair!
What are the perks?
Yeah that's very true! Yet shyness in guys is seen as a massive weakness!
So annoying!
Exactly!
Guys who aren't good looking get shut down instantly! It's so unfair!
What are the perks?
Yeah that's very true! Yet shyness in guys is seen as a massive weakness!
So annoying!

With girls, guys will be approaching them so they cant really pick and choose. With guys they have to do the approaching so they can pick the girl they want and go for her even though it might be nerve wracking for some guys. For the rest of your post, look at my other post
Original post by Airmed

I'm not awesome at all, trust me. Opportunities will come up, for there is uni! Glad to hear abour your MH.

You come across as awesome to me!
Hmm the problem is I'm not going to uni. I start an apprenticeship on the 1st of August and I've got to do a Level 6 apprenticeship thing (it looks pretty crap!)
Thanks! My new therapist is a wizard! So good!
Reply 57
You come across as awesome to me!
Hmm the problem is I'm not going to uni. I start an apprenticeship on the 1st of August and I've got to do a Level 6 apprenticeship thing (it looks pretty crap!)
Thanks! My new therapist is a wizard! So good!

Opportunities will come up. It's not like you are never going to ever meet new people ever again.

Good to hear! You're very lucky.
Original post by Airmed
A: Not hot. In fact, I went to a mixed school and next to no one took notice of me. I'm a nerd. I had (and still do have) low self esteem and self confidence.

B: Got into my first relationship at uni.

C: Guys don't. That's complete social pressure and no one should feel forced to ask someone out.

Yeah you're probably hot now in which case you have to do no work getting a bf, he will do the work for you. Maybe you got your relationship and uni because at school theres a stigma for quiet people so they wouldnt have gone for you but now since its a fresh start guys would go for you. And guys do have to do the asking out. I havent seen anywhere girls doing the asking out. You cant deny its mostly guys asking girls out and not other way round. Maybe if they're like really close friends before dating girls might ask guys out more.
Reply 59
Yeah you're probably hot now in which case you have to do no work getting a bf, he will do the work for you. Maybe you got your relationship and uni because at school theres a stigma for quiet people so they wouldnt have gone for you but now since its a fresh start guys would go for you. And guys do have to do the asking out. I havent seen anywhere girls doing the asking out. You cant deny its mostly guys asking girls out and not other way round. Maybe if they're like really close friends before dating girls might ask guys out more.

:laugh: I am still not hot. And in actual fact, alcohol helped. I kissed him. Freshers Week. Guys don't always have to, like I said, social pressure. You just haven't seen the right girls yet.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending