The Student Room Group

New terror attack france many dead

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TercioOfParma
They got some children.

I won't post the link, you can find it on twitter.

Thank you.
"Perpetrator, the driver, is said to have been known to French authorities. This seems to hint towards an extremist attack."

According to Reddit.

We need to start placing restrictions on people like this. If you're "known to authorities" for extremism, you shouldn't be allowed to wander around and do what you like IMO.
Did you see my message? Not sure what is going on with TSR forum tonight.
Original post by NickLCFC
Someone who kills under the umbrella of Islam is not a true Muslim. You cannot equate this attack (or others) to Islam. Maybe you should target the deeply disturbed individuals actually carrying out the attacks rather than an entire religion.

When did you become Muslim?
Someone who kills under the umbrella of Islam is not a true Muslim. You cannot equate this attack (or others) to Islam. Maybe you should target the deeply disturbed individuals actually carrying out the attacks rather than an entire religion.

please do not refer to specific ideology that various media outlets refer - because apparantly it 'breaks all of TSRs rules' to report what the rest of the world reports.

in terms of what you say, the individuals are targetted ( and killed) rightly so. that doesnt deal with the source of the problem, only the symptom. How do you prevent these people getting to this stage and therfore prevent murder? deal with the ideology being spread in the first place - and the groups that spread and promote ideas that influence the 'deeply disturbed individuals - it isnt jsut a french problem, its global. Tsr is a perfect example where people tacitly promote online extremist ideology and groups of a similar nature to this scumbag in nice. does tsr take any action ? nope
'
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Grand High Witch
"Perpetrator, the driver, is said to have been known to French authorities. This seems to hint towards an extremist attack."

According to Reddit.

We need to start placing restrictions on people like this. If you're "known to authorities" for extremism, you shouldn't be allowed to wander around and do what you like IMO.

It's always someone "known to authorities". Which makes me so angry, if they know they're a risk why are they being allowed to organise and carry out these attacks?!

You're delusional.

Toxic ideology leads to toxic actions.
We mourn for the innocent people murdered in Nice this fateful and deeply saddening day. My thoughts are with all those effected. Viva la France!
Original post by Grand High Witch

According to Reddit.

its a depressing re-occurring theme that france is aware of the radicals within its midst but does little about them at the early stages - or the people that surround them. it may be that 'zero tolerance' draconian measures will eventually come in, beucase the nation cant continually take attrociites like this. this is a result of neglect of many years of the issue of radicalism and ignoreing its rise that should have been tackled and tackled hard
Original post by Reformed
this attrocity was not the fault of 'the world'

Terrorists, school shooters, rapists, wars etc are all a part of this **** up world unfortunately.

(I wasn't "blaming the entire world")
Everyone knows there is only one thing that can be done, but that will off course never happen and people will keep dying.
I don't know if any one can confirm this but there have been reports of a hostage situation too?
Original post by leroythelost
Everyone knows there is only one thing that can be done, but that will off course never happen and people will keep dying.

? :holmes:
This is untrue.
Original post by Lord Samosa
Terrorists, school shooters, rapists, wars etc are all a part of this **** up world unfortunately.

(I wasn't "blaming the entire world":wink:

what happened to all those people in Nice has nothing to do with schools, rapists or wars, and everything to do with the ideology that influences the scumbag behind the wheel of that truck and many others like him that are as indoctrinated . and indeed those that apologise for that ideology
Original post by iEthan
This is untrue.

Thank God for that
1. I am glad the horrific mangled corpses were captured and shared widely on social media and is garnering so much discussion about whether they should or shouldnt be shared. It is far far more powerful and reliable to see reality for what it is than a headline and numbers and narrative given to us by media. I understand the argument against and how awful it would be for a family member to see a loved one in such a horrific way but i really do feel this is far outweighed

2. France is desperately wondering how to put the genie back in the bottle, ironically whilst Germany and Europe has just exploded the cork of their own bottle (2.16 million migrants to Germany in the last year) . Should be a very very interesting next 30 years for them and Europe and by interesting i mean perpetual terrorist savagery with doses of sectarian conflict

3. Shove your virtue signalling empty #PrayforNice hashtags and such into your darkest orfices. Its pathetic claiming to care and support these victims when you spend the other 364 days of the year defending Islam and silencing those who speak against it.
(edited 7 years ago)
75 dead now, congratulations leftists, hope you are proud of yourselves.
"It is no longer plausible to argue that organisations such as Boko Haram - or, for that matter, Islamic State - have nothing to do with Islam. It is no longer credible to define "extremism" as some disembodied threat, meting out death without any ideological foundation, a problem to be dealt with by purely military methods, preferably drone strikes. We need to tackle the root of the problem of the violence that is plaguing our world today, and that must be the doctrine of Islam itself.” - Ayaan Hirsi Ali, Heretic.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending