The Student Room Group

How do people manage to go on so many dates?

Scroll to see replies

I wouldn't say it's a great thing if it's the same guy(s) going on many dates; it shows lack of committment or return of interest from the girl lmao; it's not sommet to idolise.
Original post by Legendary Quest
I don't care. Like I said, I don't understand why people are so desperate to find a partner. There is absolutely nothing wrong with patiently waiting until you find a person that suits you. It doesn't take genius to figure out that rushing into a relationship doesn't always lead to a long-lasting one - something that I would much rather have instead of being with a partner for the sake of having a partner. And if that means I have to wait for a long time then so be it. It doesn't have anything to do with 'fate' or 'magic' and if you can't see that then perhaps you are the fool.

There is a lot more to life than having a partner and that goes to OP too.

I'm not desperate but it would just improve my life. And according to my therapist, would help to cure me of my OCD! My main focus currently is to get rid of that! But I'm gonna be on the look out for a female in that time.
Rushing defo doesn't work. I've never rushed into anything like this before.
I'm not a fool!

I know that but it would allow me to prove everyone wrong. Everyone at school said I'd never get a girlfriend because of my looks! Two girls even bet on it when they thought I couldn't hear them! Needless to say I cried a lot that night!
But I don't want a gf just for the sake of it. I want s strong long lasting relationship that will lead to marriage one day! That's what I want and I'll do my very best to achieve this life goal.
The proving others wrong bit is an added bonus
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Serine Soul
I have 30 dates a year.... ;-)

And I'm Boris Johnson :wink:
Original post by FireFreezer77

Spoiler

If you mean me, that's not what I said and that's not how I meant it. If that's how you took it I'm sorry.

I said you may be emotionally unstable for getting so angry that the girl didn't reciprocate your feelings and that may have put her off.
That might be your issue.
I was trying to say that's what you should work on. Not get so emotionally invested and don't see it as a slight on yourself if they aren't interested.

Again sorry if you thought I meant something else.
And I'm Boris Johnson :wink:

But I actually do :cry2:

One for each day in Ramadan

:getmecoat:
Original post by Inexorably
I wouldn't say it's a great thing if it's the same guy(s) going on many dates; it shows lack of committment or return of interest from the girl lmao; it's not sommet to idolise.

No I realize that but it hurts that they go on loads with different girls and yet I'm not able to go on one!
Yeah that's very true!
Original post by Serine Soul
But I actually do :cry2:

One for each day in Ramadan

:getmecoat:

Wait really?

Now I'm confused!
No I realize that but it hurts that they go on loads with different girls and yet I'm not able to go on one!
Yeah that's very true!

There's a lot more to life than a relationship.
Wait really?

Now I'm confused!

Attachment not found
I have never been on a date lol.
Unless you count the mission on GTA 4 where you take the woman on a date xD
Original post by AmarRPM
I have never been on a date lol.
Unless you count the mission on GTA 4 where you take the woman on a date xD

You go on soon! Do about that!
Well I ended up murdering her all the time so I don't class that as one tbh!
Nice try haha!
I'm not desperate but it would just improve my life. And according to my therapist, would help to cure me of my OCD! My main focus currently is to get rid of that! But I'm gonna be on the look out for a female in that time.
Rushing defo doesn't work. I've never rushed into anything like this before.
I'm not a fool!

I know that but it would allow me to prove everyone wrong. Everyone at school said I'd never get a girlfriend because of my looks! Two girls even bet on it when they thought I couldn't hear them! Needless to say I cried a lot that night!
But I don't want a gf just for the sake of it. I want s strong long lasting relationship that will lead to marriage one day! That's what I want and I'll do my very best to achieve this life goal.
The proving others wrong bit is an added bonus

Sorry if my post seemed harsh. It was mainly aimed at the other user hence the tone.

I agree with everything you've written. Ignore what others say. I'm a strong believer in doing things at your own pace. Some people get married early and have a family before 30. Others don't. There isn't exactly a 'right' way of living life. Focus on bettering yourself and building your own confidence. You may find that things turn out better that way.

And worry less about what others do and say. That's their life and your life belongs to you. So who cares about whether or not they go on many meaningless dates?

:wink:
There are some guys out there that manage to go on dates everyday! And then theres me whos never been on one!
Its depressing thay all these guys are good looking too (no hate please or you will be reported)

Spoiler

But seriously how the hell is it possible for people to go on so many dates!
Ive tried to get to know girls but they just arent interested, none of them!
One even lead me on but thats another story!
So how do you guys get to go on so many dates and have 4000 girlfriends by the time your 20?
I mean i only want to have 1 in my life, someone i can be with forever!
Thanks!

well I have had several relationships and many dates and I'm not good looking, I'm chubby, short and unathletic but I am successful but even before the success I had people who just wanted to be around me almost but let's get down to business here
the first part is to put yourself out there
the second part is to move in similar circles to those who you desire
the third part is to have some accessories with a back story to tell (i have 4)
It's called Tinder.
Original post by Zargabaath
If you mean me, that's not what I said and that's not how I meant it. If that's how you took it I'm sorry.

I said you may be emotionally unstable for getting so angry that the girl didn't reciprocate your feelings and that may have put her off.
That might be your issue.
I was trying to say that's what you should work on. Not get so emotionally invested and don't see it as a slight on yourself if they aren't interested.

Again sorry if you thought I meant something else.

You have a frog, I like frogs :biggrin:
Been on two "dates" in my life. One of the girls is now my girlfriend.
I go on 3-4 dates a year and always have someone in my magic box.
Well I was exaggerating a bit but 10-20 is accurate!
But yeah that's true.
I'm fine without having one tbh! Don't really want one!

I sure hope so! Damn thanks man! Appreciated!
Woop! That's a major compliment for me :biggrin:
Thanks!

Glad I helped somewhat! And pssst that should be *thanks girl :wink:
What about him?

Aw da,n I'm sorry to hear that!
But I don't drink so that's gonna be tricky!
But I've not got the confidence to do that!
I'm screwed!

Thought he'd be the one who made the comment

It's ok, you don't need dates to be happy:wink:

The alcohol is what gives you the confidence...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lemon Haze
It's called Tinder.

Doesn't work

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply