The Student Room Group

Holy **** '77 dead' in France terror attack

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/07/14/truck-crashes-into-crowd-at-bastille-day-celebrations-in-nice2/

More deaths to be counted, I reckon.

How tragic :frown:

And the implications of this; it has to happen now, just after France was considering to uplift the state of emergency, after it had already been extended twice already. Will French people ever feel a sense of normality again? Maybe it was in reaction to this news.
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
People are in denial the far-right fascists were right all along and you just can't bring yourselves to admit it

Why do we have to put up with this? we could live happily without fear and not have our population mixed into nothing..

Even Anders Breivik, his attack would simply not have happened if it were not for this destructive ideology imposed on our people by the establishment
Almost at Bataclan levels. RIP.
I mourn all these people who are dying; their time is too early.

I'm not going to point fingers until I know more about the situation.
I just saw the video. :s-smilie: :frown:

Sickening; I hope all terror cells burn in hell.
****ing hell, five times in one night :frown:
All the people killed had dreams and ambitions taken away from them :frown: I feel so bad for all the families suffering.
Original post by Rorschach II
I mourn all these people who are dying; their time is too early.

I'm not going to point fingers until I know more about the situation.

We know the guy yelled "allah akbar" when he did it. IS has taken responsibility. What more is there to know?
Original post by TercioOfParma
We know the guy yelled "allah akbar" when he did it. IS has taken responsibility. What more is there to know?

I didn't know, simply because I hadn't read it all yet.

I kinda emotionally posted this as soon as I saw the titles, though I could make guesses.
@TercioOfParma I'm curious, what do you think of the edition of OP (original post)?

This event has reminded me of a BBC news article I ready the other day (yesterday I think.)
Do you think the timing is at all related?
@TercioOfParma I'm curious, what do you think of the edition of OP (original post)? This event has reminded me of a BBC news article I ready the other day (yesterday I think.)Do you think the timing is at all related?
I would be very very surprised if they didn't extend the state of emergency. As for whether it will ever end, I am not sure.
Which BBC article?
It makes me sick. We have come to accept (well, me personally) that these attacks are, and will be, part of life now. Levelling with like that is the only way, I think, to channel anger, sadness and frustration
[video="youtube;yeJ-iv3MOTo"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yeJ-iv3MOTo[/video]
Original post by NickLCFC
[video=y..............yeJ-iv3MOTo

So in one thread....you are telling people not to blame all Muslims or immigrants....and in the other you are putting a video depicting Muslim immigrants as a snake.
Original post by TercioOfParma
I would be very very surprised if they didn't extend the state of emergency. As for whether it will ever end, I am not sure.
Which BBC article?

One moment; it was on my phone (on the BBC app), 'cos I read it while I was bored / passing some time.

(I meant do you reckon this is in response for the government considering uplifting the state of emergency.)

It was a previous article about this:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-36791666

I guess France decided to go through with it (uplifting.)
(Or it might have been this one, yeah, probably this one.)
(As in they set a date of 26th of July to do the uplifting.)
Death toll now confirmed to be 80.

16 in a critical condition.
Original post by Danny the Geezer
It makes me sick. We have come to accept (well, me personally) that these attacks are, and will be, part of life now. Levelling with like that is the only way, I think, to channel anger, sadness and frustration

I'm expecting one to happen in London now; it's like we've only been lucky so far. :frown:
Obviously the cases in each respective country would be at least slightly different, but it's hardly out of the realm of possibility.
Original post by Eradicate
People are in denial the far-right fascists were right all along and you just can't bring yourselves to admit it

Why do we have to put up with this? we could live happily without fear and not have our population mixed into nothing..

Even Anders Breivik, his attack would simply not have happened if it were not for this destructive ideology imposed on our people by the establishment

Sounds like the same excuses Islamists and etc give.

Oh the terrorists wouldn't have attacked us if we hadn't invaded Iraq. They were forced to!

All extremists have the same retarded mentality. Blame everyone else.
(edited 7 years ago)
I'm expecting one to happen in London now; it's like we've only been lucky so far. :frown:
Obviously the cases in each respective country would be at least slightly different, but it's hardly out of the realm of possibility.

Hmm yeah it's happening in the provinces now, Manchester where I live is a possible target.
These attacks and deaths are just really really sad.it is just really sad.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending