The Student Room Group

Muslims of TSR- Your thoughts and opinions are wanted

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Josb
Stop saying nonsense, these guys don't commit terrorist attacks because of "hate crimes".

All I said was that further hate crimes could fuel further radicalization. Neither of us knows for sure why these atrocities occur.
Agreed.

And I haven't been keeping up, but hopefully he doesn't.
I don't mind, and no I've never experienced any on a personal level. Wrt to others, depends what you define ''Islamophobia'' as tbh. Do weird, perhaps threatening looks count? :dontknow: (talking mainly females here)

I mean I've heard stories of people having been victimised - but unless something specific is said, it's hard to pinpoint the motive behind these actions. It could've been Islamophobia, it could've been racism, they might've not liked the way the person looked or anything lol. Generally, I feel the people who act upon their beliefs through violence don't actually know what they're saying anyway, so that doesn't help either.
Original post by BristolFresher15
Agreed.

And I haven't been keeping up, but hopefully he doesn't.

I don't think he will to be truthful, the last thing the world needs is Trump parading around running his mouth causing problems with all sorts of world leaders and further legitimising racism and islamophobia.
Reply 24
Your don't want Muslims to further be associated with terrorism, however, you chose to go on and make a thread further associating Muslims with terrorism.
Original post by Mancini
Your don't want Muslims to further be associated with terrorism, however, you chose to go on and make a thread further associating Muslims with terrorism.

Am I not allowed to ask a significant proportion of TSR a question? That's like saying I'm not allowed to ask women a question just because Margaret Thatcher messed stuff up or I'm not allowed to ask Austrians questions because of Hitler
Reply 26
All I'm saying is don't contradict yourself, you can't sugarcoat the fact you just did what you stated you did not want to do. No matter how large a percentage of muslims make up TSR.
To be honest, I feel scared just like anyone else would when leaving home because who knows what these mentally unstable people will preach next and who they'll target and when they will turn fukin insane out of their skin in public.
Reply 28
It's like that famous line, I'm not racist but ....
Reply 29
Original post by AKC...
To be honest, I'd prefer Islam to not be dragged down into this. It's political, any motives in these attacks are all about geographical/economic control. Nothing more, nothing less.
Wrong.
Original post by CorpusLuteum
To be honest, I feel scared just like anyone else would when leaving home because who knows what these mentally unstable people will preach next and who they'll target and when they will turn fukin insane out of their skin in public.

Why? It's only a minority of muslims who behave like this?
Reply 31
The religion of peace strikes again!
Reply 32
Only a minority of Germans were Nazis.
Original post by ATW1
The religion of peace strikes again!

You mean 'mentally ill, uneducated terrorists strike again'
Yeah but when someone's unstable mentally, they're unpredictable - and there's a lot of Muslims surrounding my area who seem as though they're slowly falling onto a path of misguidance and eventually might end up believing some uneducated preachers.

And then there's also the lot who won't tolerateislam.
Reply 35
You mean 'mentally ill, uneducated terrorists strike again'

Not all Muslims are mentally ill, uneducated terrorists.
Original post by ATW1
Not all Muslims are mentally ill, uneducated terrorists.

All terrorists are. Terrorism isn't a religious gain, it's political. Hence religion isn't tied with terrorism. However terrorism is tied in with the western politics a lot more.
Reply 37
All terrorists are. Terrorism isn't a religious gain, it's political. Hence religion isn't tied with terrorism. However terrorism is tied in with the western politics a lot more.

I disagree. Are you denying that there is a strong correlation between Islam and terrorism?
Religion is somewhat associated with politics but not the deep and playful politics happening between the west and the Middle East. There's a lot of cheating, if we put it that way. And a lot of the west would gain from Isis and it wouldn't really affect them if Isis took Iraq and Syria. However, why is the light shining on the west for Isis... Don't you think it's because it's a ton wealthier than Asia. Idk, I'm just thinking about this critically. (Putting my view aside on Isis and how religious and well educated they are).Besides, since when did the prophet tell us to turn every other human into a Muslim. Terrorism is fulfilment for mentally ill or suffering person and in this case it slightly ties into religion but on what basis: The basis that a stupid preacher told a bunch of sheep that if they blow themselves up they'll be rewarded a bounty.

Please don't shout at me, I'm kind of lightweight with debates at 5am
Thanks
Original post by ATW1
I disagree. Are you denying that there is a strong correlation between Islam and terrorism?

There's a correlation,
But to fair to Islam we are supposed to make graphs showing the correlation between the decrease in oil and the increase in wars/attacks in the Middle East.
Or maybe oil and terrorist attacks.
Or maybe oil and a lot of things man. Political gain. This isn't the real Islam.

Quick Reply

Latest