The Student Room Group

Will 68 (UK grading system) give a good first impression when I apply for a job.

Hello guys, I just graduated from one of a British Universities ( Times rank top10). My final average grade was 68, upper second class honours. I feel a bit disappointed cause only 2 marks short to a first class... My certificate also looks totally indifferent from the certificate of another one who scores 60 ( we are both 2.1). I know the employer will be looking at the transcripts, but they may have more straightforward impressions from the big "2.1" in my certificate...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ShinLee
Hello guys, I just graduated from one of a British Universities ( Times rank top10). My final average grade was 68, upper second class honours. I feel a bit disappointed cause only 2 marks short to a first class... My certificate also looks totally indifferent from the certificate of another one who scores 60 ( we are both 2.1). I know the employer will be looking at the transcripts, but they may have more straightforward impressions from the big "2.1" in my certificate...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Honestly they will most likely be more interested in any work experience you have and whether you can put together a decent application than your actual degree percentage.
Original post by jelly1000
Honestly they will most likely be more interested in any work experience you have and whether you can put together a decent application than your actual degree percentage.

This 100%

What have you done outside of your classwork to gain experience and prove your worthy of employment?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending