The Student Room Group

New terror attack france many dead

Scroll to see replies

Original post by paul514
When stuff like this happens I'm not shocked it's become normal to expect this to happen.

To me that says we have to change the situation

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nothing will happen, nothing will change, just waiting for the next one to happen again, Europe is weak, France is weak, the terrorists know that.
Original post by paul514
When stuff like this happens I'm not shocked it's become normal to expect this to happen.

To me that says we have to change the situation

Posted from TSR Mobile

What can be changed though? The only thing I can think of is to stop immigration from Islamic countries. Then identify the dodgy people left in the country. Then make a plan on how to restore/create peace in the Middle East.
This will never happen though, since it will be seen as too rash/intolerant/ heartless towards refugees. But if we keep the status quo then we are inviting danger. I cannot think of suitable middle ground either (at the moment).

Another issue with refugees is Syria will need its population to help rebuild the country. They are losing millions of people to Europe.
Ugh. This is too upsetting. :frown:
But remember guys, this is the religion of peace! #notallmuslims
Original post by FalseAbstraction
What can be changed though? The only thing I can think of is to stop immigration from Islamic countries. Then identify the dodgy people left in the country. Then make a plan on how to restore/create peace in the Middle East.
This will never happen though, since it will be seen as too rash/intolerant/ heartless towards refugees. But if we keep the status quo then we are inviting danger. I cannot think of suitable middle ground either (at the moment).

Another issue with refugees is Syria will need its population to help rebuild the country. They are losing millions of people to Europe.

I agree it won't happen this time but at some point if it continues in the future it will.

Not this time maybe not in 10 times but 25? 50? 100?

It will happen, if it takes not discriminating between the good and the bad because it's impossible then eventually it will have to be done.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SMEGGGY
Truck kills many....on Sky News CNN

Posted from TSR Mobile

I hate ISIS so badly!!
Original post by paul514
I agree it won't happen this time but at some point if it continues in the future it will.

Not this time maybe not in 10 times but 25? 50? 100?

It will happen, if it takes not discriminating between the good and the bad because it's impossible then eventually it will have to be done.

Posted from TSR Mobile

For 1500 years, that is what Europe did, and it worked, only during the last 50 years or so have the leaders of Western Europe allowed in their historical enemies, and it has lead to the deaths of hundreds and sexual assault of thousands of European people. The only way to prevent such attacks from occurring is to do as you said, continue the policy that Europe had for 1500 years and have blanket policies, then the difference between good and ban become irrelevant. It is just a matter of how many attacks would have to take place in a specific time period for a government to instigate such policies, I don't know the answer to that.

Quite frankly, it is impossible to prevent these attacks from occurring without inevitably punishing the non-guilty as well, a choice has to be made.
Reply 327
For all the people that are say "Religion of peace" ironically how can you blame a religion that millions practice everyday without hurting anyone for something that a small amount of mentally unstable individuals chose to spread terror. Do we even know if they guy was a muslim yet or are we just making assumptions because the fit with what is constantly shown in the media. I just hope those families can find peace as soon as possible in a time of great distress, my thoughts and prayers are with them.
Original post by Kitan.A
For all the people that are say "Religion of peace" ironically how can you blame a religion that millions practice everyday without hurting anyone for something that a small amount of mentally unstable individuals chose to spread terror. Do we even know if they guy was a muslim yet or are we just making assumptions because the fit with what is constantly shown in the media. I just hope those families can find peace as soon as possible in a time of great distress, my thoughts and prayers are with them.

I think their argument would be that if Islam didn't exist less of these terrorist attacks would happen. This may be true given the potential violent interpretations of the Quran. Nevertheless, even among the most vocal opponents of Islam (think Richard Dawkins), I believe most of them recognise that most Muslims are non-violent.
Horrific. *Just horrific.*

I'm hearing the perp was of Tunisian descent.*
Religion of Peace (tm) just another atrocity in Allah's name.
Original post by thunder_chunky
Horrific. *Just horrific.*

I'm hearing the perp was of Tunisian descent.*

Last news was he had dual nationality
Reply 332
Original post by FalseAbstraction
I think their argument would be that if Islam didn't exist less of these terrorist attacks would happen. This may be true given the potential violent interpretations of the Quran. Nevertheless, even among the most vocal opponents of Islam (think Richard Dawkins), I believe most of them recognise that most Muslims are non-violent.

I understand that but who's to say that if religion didn't exist the world would be more peaceful or less peaceful we just don't know. People could just use/make a replacement reason to cause terror.
Reply 333
Are people going to start sticking flags on their facebook profiles thinking this will make a change? I am aware most don't put flags on their facebook's when there are victims of atrocities and natural disasters happening in non european, non white countries.
Original post by The_Opinion
For 1500 years, that is what Europe did, and it worked, only during the last 50 years or so have the leaders of Western Europe allowed in their historical enemies, and it has lead to the deaths of hundreds and sexual assault of thousands of European people. The only way to prevent such attacks from occurring is to do as you said, continue the policy that Europe had for 1500 years and have blanket policies, then the difference between good and ban become irrelevant. It is just a matter of how many attacks would have to take place in a specific time period for a government to instigate such policies, I don't know the answer to that.

Quite frankly, it is impossible to prevent these attacks from occurring without inevitably punishing the non-guilty as well, a choice has to be made.

This's be stressed enoughfor 1500 years Muslim countries has been at war with everyone who isn't muslim (and with lulls in the fighting they fight between themselves) .It's only because we had beaten Muslim armies time after time that we have had a lull in the fighting. This is changing now and soon countries will have to decide what to do to protect it's citizens form this centuries old conflict.
Reply 335
Original post by BaconandSauce
This's be stressed enoughfor 1500 years Muslim countries has been at war with everyone who isn't muslim (and with lulls in the fighting they fight between themselves) .It's only because we had beaten Muslim armies time after time that we have had a lull in the fighting. This is changing now and soon countries will have to decide what to do to protect it's citizens form this centuries old conflict.

You are not defending yourself against some army , you are defending yourself against individuals or small groups out to cause terror. This in no way is easy to defend against but people and the security sectors should be on the alert.
Original post by Foo.mp3
I've said it before and I'll say it again: state multiculturalism has failed (Cameron, 2011), and mass inter-civilisational immigration has left UK/Europe/The West wide open to retrograde, alien ethno-cultures that have no place in the civilised world. Never mind this latest in a long line of Islamic atrocities, "the time for a moratorium on Muslim immigration was 7/7, if not 9/11"

High time countries like France woke up and realised that declaring a state of emergency is ineffective when you have millions of active/potential enemy combatants living among you, most of whom have a fervant belief in deeply ingrained, fundamentally incompatible, religious dogma, and all of whom have a sacred religious duty to put Allah above all and to answer the call to jihad

For too long we have tolerated the intolerant, and more contemporarily - the intolerable. We now need to have a conversation about the inconvenient truth that is The Clash of Civilisations, to acknowledge that there is a reason that, historically, no significant Islamic population has ever been sustained, without significant bloodshed/social upheaval, outside of the Muslim world, and to collectively come to the only rational, erudite, perspicacious, and prescient conclusion:

These people must renounce their backward ethno-cultural beliefs/practices, declare allegiance to our society, values, and broadly subscribe, contribute to, and invest in our way of life, or else be repatriated. Nothing short will suffice, and we will see growing extremism (on both sides) until such time as this issue is robustly resolved. Sound-bites intended to placate the masses won't cut it when many more will perish/suffer prejudice
PRSOM
The Religion of Peace™ strikes again.
This is so bad!

Hope the families of the victims are alright!!

Has any terrorist group taken blame?
Original post by AppleB
Will a terrorist group own up to it?

Has noone owned up yet? Surely ISIS would be quick to own up if it were them (but they'd probably make the attack more devastating if it were them too, explosives on the lorry and all sorts). Either another terrorist group or a someone whose got drunk or is a lone wolf (highly doubt the latter though).

Glad those hostage reports were fake, news outlets really need to just report facts in a situation like this.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending