The Student Room Group

Hmrc operational delivery profession (surge and rapid response team) offers?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Hi, Does anyone know they would put me on reserve list? Even after I received an email saying PEC satisfactorily completed and they will get in touch with me with the start date.
Original post by Shaun16
Hi, Does anyone know they would put me on reserve list? Even after I received an email saying PEC satisfactorily completed and they will get in touch with me with the start date.

Hi Shaun,
I feel as though they would have said that at the provisional stage not at this point. Have you emailed/called the team? I was sent a few emails saying I hadn't completes forms when I had, and an email to the recruitment team quickly sorted it. If they were going to issue a wait list at this stage they still wouldn't make you wait. Good luck and let us know how you get on.
X
Original post by hollyflop
Hello!
I am starting at Bolton finally! I've chosen the 8th August as my start date!
Received an email today about another vetting application form, did you?
X x

Hi Holly, I just noticed this message!

That vetting form seemed a bit of a waste of time considering half of it was already filled out and all they needed was my name and dob.

Have you received your email with you start times etc?
I wonder what they have in store for us!! Xx
Reply 143
Original post by SarahHill11
Hi Shaun,
I feel as though they would have said that at the provisional stage not at this point. Have you emailed/called the team? I was sent a few emails saying I hadn't completes forms when I had, and an email to the recruitment team quickly sorted it. If they were going to issue a wait list at this stage they still wouldn't make you wait. Good luck and let us know how you get on.
X

Hi Sarah, Do you know which email or phone number I can get in touch with them please..
Reply 144
Original post by Shaun16
Hi Sarah, Do you know which email or phone number I can get in touch with them please..

Hi Shaun16
just sent you an email to private inbox, try it, I've used it for all my queries.
Original post by Shaun16

Hi Shaun, i never got your private massage.
I have this email address:

[email protected]

She emailed me regarding the PEC she's from the general recruitment team I think. I'm sure if she can't tell you she will at least point you in the right direction as to who you do need to speak to. I found that team get back to you quite quickly. Remember to include your candidate number and job reference.

Hope you get some answers, I can imagine that your really frustrated now.

Sarah X
Reply 146
Thanks guys I sent an email to her and she said they will reply once they had confirmation from Pre-employment checks team. It is really frustating now.. Checks have been completed long ago and looks like lack of communication between their departments.
Reply 147
Original post by Shaun16
Thanks guys I sent an email to her and she said they will reply once they had confirmation from Pre-employment checks team. It is really frustating now.. Checks have been completed long ago and looks like lack of communication between their departments.

Hi Shaun, hopefully you will hear some good news soon. Goodluck.
Reply 148
Original post by lere
Hi Shaun, hopefully you will hear some good news soon. Goodluck.

Thankyou
Hi all, I am a member of SRRT and have been doing this for 14 months now. I notice that your previous questions haven't been answered so i will have a go at answering them for you.

These are my experiences and opinions. They may not be the same for other people from SRRT

Just wondering how your experience with SRRT been like?My personal experience has been a good one, I like being able to travel and do different jobs. I have gained experience in 6 different departments doing a wide array of tasks and have been temporarily promoted for 6 months of the time i have been within SRRT.

How long did you wait before the start of the job?I applied in March 2015 and started mid May 2015.

Pay wise it says 22-24k.......wondering how that would work out?If you are an external candidate you will be on £22k and unfortunately this does not change once you have passed your apprenticeship. The scale is mainly for people who could apply from other government departments as they can transfer on their existing wage if it is higher than £22k up to a maximum of £24k for the London Area.

Would there be alot of travelling involved and how would the accommodation be sorted?This purely depends on the work to be carried out at the time. At this moment in time there are a lot of SRRT members dotted all over the country so travel is common. Travel will likely always be booked by a your manager or from a member of the team who has been given the access to do so.

Any prospects of progression within the ranks of srrt?There have already been several members of the team i joined with that have already been promoted. There have also been a wide array of opportunities for temporary promotion that will help anyone gain the experience and competencies to go for a permanent position at a higher level.

Are the first few weeks spent in the office and would we do a Monday to Friday till the training is completed?You will have inductions and other HR stuff to do for the first few weeks on Monday to Fridays shifts and then you could essentially be deployed anywhere or could be still working in your base office, it just depends on the work at the time. The working days will also depend on the deployment you are on, i have predominantly done Mon-Fri on flexi time since I've started but this could change if i was needed to work weekends for any reason.

Would you say the salary is commensurate with the level of work and what is your main task so far so good. I read a few posts where someone commented on the job role as mainly answering phone calls etc.The salary is standard for the work you are carrying out at the time. I haven't done the same thing twice, phone calls and processing work can definitely be part of that but i have also worked as a caseworker at EO level and was paid at that level for the duration of the deployment.

I would like to know how much travel and staying away from home is involved?I have been offered a provisional job and really struggling with the whole thing as I cant imagine living out of suitcase for the foreseeable future,I have slightly covered this point earlier, however if you are "struggling" with possibly having to travel then this might not be the job for you. I apologise for being quite blunt however I know people who have spent 2 months on one deployment away from home and came home for the weekend to be deployed again away from home for 6 months. This job and the travelling isn't for everyone, and it certainly isn't all glamour having to travel all of the time. I have always had weekends at home when i have been away and that works for me, you may not have to travel anywhere near as much but you just have to figure out whether you could do that as it is entirely possible.

If you have any more questions ask away and i will try to answer them for you all.
(edited 7 years ago)
Thanks for giving us an insight of the job role. My question is to general12. I have received a formal offer . Now what is bothering me is we have to go through a security clearance. I personally think it should have been done before making a formal offer. If someone is unfortunate in not getting security clearance where will that individual end up. Most of the people have resigned or will resign from their current job to join SRRT. I think there is no guarantee that one will get security clearance. In that case the individual will lose his or her job. I personally dont want to put myself into a position where I resign from my current job and end up losing SRRT job . General12 can you please enlighten us on this matter.
Reply 151
Original post by general12
Hi all, I am a member of SRRT and have been doing this for 14 months now. I notice that your previous questions haven't been answered so i will have a go at answering them for you.

These are my experiences and opinions. They may not be the same for other people from SRRT

Just wondering how your experience with SRRT been like?My personal experience has been a good one, I like being able to travel and do different jobs. I have gained experience in 6 different departments doing a wide array of tasks and have been temporarily promoted for 6 months of the time i have been within SRRT.

How long did you wait before the start of the job?I applied in March 2015 and started mid May 2015.

Pay wise it says 22-24k.......wondering how that would work out?If you are an external candidate you will be on £22k and unfortunately this does not change once you have passed your apprenticeship. The scale is mainly for people who could apply from other government departments as they can transfer on their existing wage if it is higher than £22k up to a maximum of £24k for the London Area.

Would there be alot of travelling involved and how would the accommodation be sorted?This purely depends on the work to be carried out at the time. At this moment in time there are a lot of SRRT members dotted all over the country so travel is common. Travel will likely always be booked by a your manager or from a member of the team who has been given the access to do so.

Any prospects of progression within the ranks of srrt?There have already been several members of the team i joined with that have already been promoted. There have also been a wide array of opportunities for temporary promotion that will help anyone gain the experience and competencies to go for a permanent position at a higher level.

Are the first few weeks spent in the office and would we do a Monday to Friday till the training is completed?You will have inductions and other HR stuff to do for the first few weeks on Monday to Fridays shifts and then you could essentially be deployed anywhere or could be still working in your base office, it just depends on the work at the time. The working days will also depend on the deployment you are on, i have predominantly done Mon-Fri on flexi time since I've started but this could change if i was needed to work weekends for any reason.

Would you say the salary is commensurate with the level of work and what is your main task so far so good. I read a few posts where someone commented on the job role as mainly answering phone calls etc.The salary is standard for the work you are carrying out at the time. I haven't done the same thing twice, phone calls and processing work can definitely be part of that but i have also worked as a caseworker at EO level and was paid at that level for the duration of the deployment.

I would like to know how much travel and staying away from home is involved?I have been offered a provisional job and really struggling with the whole thing as I cant imagine living out of suitcase for the foreseeable future,I have slightly covered this point earlier, however if you are "struggling" with possibly having to travel then this might not be the job for you. I apologise for being quite blunt however I know people who have spent 2 months on one deployment away from home and came home for the weekend to be deployed again away from home for 6 months. This job and the travelling isn't for everyone, and it certainly isn't all glamour having to travel all of the time. I have always had weekends at home when i have been away and that works for me, you may not have to travel anywhere near as much but you just have to figure out whether you could do that as it is entirely possible.

If you have any more questions ask away and i will try to answer them for you all.

sHi General12 and thanks for the invaluable contribution thus far: You have mentioned that you have handled cases on EO levels, how much training did you get before then? And you mentioned a few weeks spent in the office doing HR etc duties, a few weeks would be ? I believe the advert is slightly not clear as per they said 22-24k. I am sure most of us thought 24 k for all starters including allowances here and there. Did you start on 22k, and if you would average how much allowance you get on a monthly basis , how much inclusive of all those stuff would take home be? Sorry for the questions. I make more than 22k and went for the job thinking it would be 24k!
Reply 152
Thank God....:smile:
Firstly, thanks to General12 for the sweet insight into a day in the life of.......very helpful indeed. @lere and regarding your query about pay, and am sure General12 will correct me if am wrong, if you have applied for this post externally which means not as an existing civil servant, then your pay will normally starts at £22K.

However if you are an existing civil servant and earning more than £22K and entitled to the ILA, (Inner London Allowance) then you will be getting the £24K. If you are however earning more than what is advertised and not an existing civil servant, that will a decision for you and anyone in the same situation to really make. Whilst I know this will not be an easy decision to make, but it's worth looking at progression prospects, as General12 highlighted, if you keep grinding you are likely to be either promoted temporarily or for good.
Reply 154
Original post by Shaun16
Thank God....:smile:

Hi Shaun, got a start date then?
Reply 155
Original post by lere
Hi Shaun, got a start date then?

Hi Lere, yes delighted 22nd of August but it says potential and they will send me the details exactly when and where.
Reply 156
Has anyone started work already and how is it?? I just got my formal offer
Original post by Niriden
Has anyone started work already and how is it?? I just got my formal offer

Hello Niriden
How do you mean by your formal offer?
Was it via Email or post?
I am meant to start on the 1st of August and I have only had an Email confirming the date.
To be honest am not going to quit my current job until I have something tangible in my hand.
One word to summarise this is " Nightmare"
Reply 158
Original post by Onomskky
Hello Niriden
I am meant to start on the 1st of August and I have only had an Email confirming the date.
To be honest am not going to quit my current job until I have something tangible in my hand.

Hi Onomskky,

After accepting the formal offer by clicking the NEXT STAGE on the civil service account I received another email from CS resourcing team with all the info about where and what time to report on my first day of duty and that the contract of employment will be sent out over next few weeks.
Reply 159
Original post by Onomskky
Hello Niriden

Well it was an email and after confirming the start date, she said I will get information about my first day via email sometime next week.

So I guess I'm just going to wait for that information

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending