The Student Room Group

How do people manage to go on so many dates?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by FireFreezer77
I know that but it would allow me to prove everyone wrong. Everyone at school said I'd never get a girlfriend because of my looks! Two girls even bet on it when they thought I couldn't hear them! Needless to say I cried a lot that night!

When I was in High School I spent every moment of my day being mocked for being unattractive. I'd always walk down the corridor with my head held low, but I could always hear the passing comments people made or the giggling from a group of girls. Same with college. I was told the same thing; that I would never get a girlfriend because I was ugly.

Once I left education I entered into a relationship.

Not making false promises that it'll happen to you, but I'm pretty damn sure it will happen for you. We chatted briefly yesterday and you were very friendly and could hold a conversation, two great characteristics to have. As another poster said, you don't have to be the best looking guy out there to get a girl to fancy you.
Original post by TSR Mustafa
You must have many fingers :h:

your so cute <3
Original post by Foo.mp3
You don't wanna have sex? :erm:

What do you base that belief on?

If I can go pickup random hotties with cold approaches in libraries, as someone with ME/CFS + electro-sensitivity, then anything's possible! :yy:

princess marge turned out to be an ice queen,not sure about these new random hotties,however*
I would say avoid online dating if you can. Be just go out there and part take in activities which involve meeting new people or going to events and maybe even getting your friend to introduce you/hook you up with people they may know etc. Works a treat sometimes. And don't try to force anything,if it's mean to be it'll be :smile:

Omg, I wish people would stop saying this. I've been using Tinder in my gap year a lot and I've met two wonderful girls who I've been hanging out with all year. Tinder has seriously given my some stories worth writing a book for.
Original post by queen-bee
I would say avoid online dating if you can. Be just go out there and part take in activities which involve meeting new people or going to events and maybe even getting your friend to introduce you/hook you up with people they may know etc. Works a treat sometimes. And don't try to force anything,if it's mean to be it'll be :smile:

Doesn't happen.
Dating apps. Literal online dating websites are a bit naff tbh, full of older folk, but popular phone apps are good. Make your profile appealing though - your sole purpose here is to sell yourself as "I'm a decent looking guy, I'm fun, let's go out together, no big deal!".
Original post by WoodyMKC
Dating apps. Literal online dating websites are a bit naff tbh, full of older folk, but popular phone apps are good. Make your profile appealing though - your sole purpose here is to sell yourself as "I'm a decent looking guy, I'm fun, let's go out together, no big deal!".

Let's face it, 90% of people on there are flakes. Either that or my profile screams "I will stamp on your cat".
Reply 148
Just be bold. I've been on tinder for a while and really the best luck I've had was when I sent ridiculously offensive messages when drunk. Girls like a bit of edge!
Yeah, just a case of shifting through all the turd. In either case, these apps are still how people are getting dates all the time, we don't have a nation of young people walking around chatting each other up on the streets :wink:
Original post by Zargabaath
If you mean me, that's not what I said and that's not how I meant it. If that's how you took it I'm sorry.

I said you may be emotionally unstable for getting so angry that the girl didn't reciprocate your feelings and that may have put her off.
That might be your issue.
I was trying to say that's what you should work on. Not get so emotionally invested and don't see it as a slight on yourself if they aren't interested.

Again sorry if you thought I meant something else.

Well tbh that's how I took it. It did offend me quite badly.

Well I was just angry by the fact that she was lying in bed with him grinning because he was good looking. That's what she said in the post! It made me angry and upset.
I wasn't that invested in her, tbh after our first convo I was deterred from her, she acted really immaturely.
No ones been interested in me so far and I don't know what I'm doing wrong!

Well I appreciate you apologizing
Original post by Serine Soul
Attachment not found

I think I get you now, but I can't see the attachment.
Original post by Lemon Haze
Omg, I wish people would stop saying this. I've been using Tinder in my gap year a lot and I've met two wonderful girls who I've been hanging out with all year. Tinder has seriously given my some stories worth writing a book for.

I've been on Tinder and recieved not one match!
Not one!
Useless!
Original post by Legendary Quest
Sorry if my post seemed harsh. It was mainly aimed at the other user hence the tone.

I agree with everything you've written. Ignore what others say. I'm a strong believer in doing things at your own pace. Some people get married early and have a family before 30. Others don't. There isn't exactly a 'right' way of living life. Focus on bettering yourself and building your own confidence. You may find that things turn out better that way.

And worry less about what others do and say. That's their life and your life belongs to you. So who cares about whether or not they go on many meaningless dates?

:wink:

No no it's fine. Yeah I could tell, hence why you quoted them!

Ah well that's good to hear then!
Okay then I try too!
Yes me too! Rushing things never works and always ends in disaster! So just do it at a comfortable pace!
That's very true!
I'm doing my best to do that, I am starting to feel a bit happier now. My confidence is increasing so that's a positive!

I'll try to but it just gets me down at times!
Yeah I suppose so! I'd just like to be given an opportunity to prove myself but no one is willing to do that!
Original post by Platopus
Glad I helped somewhat! And pssst that should be *thanks girl :wink:

You defo helped!
You're awesome!
Oh you're a girl? Whoops!
Didn't realize, my bad!
Original post by FireFreezer77
You defo helped!
You're awesome!
Oh you're a girl? Whoops!
Didn't realize, my bad!

You're awesome too :smile: don't worry, lots of people make that mistake on here. I take it to mean that I don't come across as an aggressive feminist or annoying girly girl which is a compliment, really.
Original post by jamesthehustler
well I have had several relationships and many dates and I'm not good looking, I'm chubby, short and unathletic but I am successful but even before the success I had people who just wanted to be around me almost but let's get down to business here
the first part is to put yourself out there
the second part is to move in similar circles to those who you desire
the third part is to have some accessories with a back story to tell (i have 4)

Well you're awesome and confident though, that works massively in your favour!
Well you're very lucky! And have achieved much in life so far!
I on the other hand, haven't. People usually steer clear of me and never want to talk to me. Not great.
1: Advice on how to do that?
2: Hmm never thought of that, shall do!
3: Can you explain further please?
Original post by Platopus
You're awesome too :smile: don't worry, lots of people make that mistake on here. I take it to mean that I don't come across as an aggressive feminist or annoying girly girl which is a compliment, really.

You're more awesome though! :smile:
I feel embarrassed now!
Oh well that's good then I suppose!
Original post by Andy98
Thought he'd be the one who made the comment

It's ok, you don't need dates to be happy:wink:

The alcohol is what gives you the confidence...

Posted from TSR Mobile

It'd make sense if he did, but no it was someone else.

True, very true.

But I still don't drink. Never want to.
PRSOM :yep:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending