The Student Room Group

What game did you never complete?

We've all been there. September comes round, about 1 million games come out over the next couple of months and then you end up neglecting one of them. That happened to me last year, I bought Fallout 4 and BO3 and alas Fallout 4 got neglected :frown: (I've recently completed it though, great game!)

But the most notable game I didn't complete has to be GTA V. I completed San Andreas and GTA IV but this one just felt... bland? I find the main problem is when a MP comes out alongside a SP game and inevitable the SP game gets neglected :s-smilie:

So what games did you never get around to completing?

Scroll to see replies

One of my biggest regrets is not finishing Deus Ex: Human Revolution, not even sure why! I think it was the last game I properly played when I had the time to properly game.

So, now I have time again, I've started working on it! I AM DETERMINED TO COMPLETE! :crossedf:
Reply 2
Original post by rubybrown1234
One of my biggest regrets is not finishing Deus Ex: Human Revolution, not even sure why! I think it was the last game I properly played when I had the time to properly game.

So, now I have time again, I've started working on it! I AM DETERMINED TO COMPLETE! :crossedf:

I completed that! It was a good game, took me a while to get into it! :biggrin: Good luck in your journey! :wink:
Reply 3
StarScraft. Only game that doesn't feel childish at this age.
Dark Souls 1.. I ended up losing it then went straight to 2.

Going to buy it again now though as I found it a lot better than the second :smile:
I will never finish Candy a Crush because they keep adding levels!
Reply 6
Recently its been Fallout 4, Dying Light and Witcher 3. I've played a good few hours of each but always end up going back to Skyrim and playing that again constantly :colondollar: been playing Skyrim over and over with news mods added all the time for about the last 3 years and I'm still not bored. I still play some games in between but always revert back to Skyrim :laugh:
Reply 7
Ok this was soooo long ago but when I was a kid about 7/8 years old I owned Lego Island 2 for PC

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lego_Island_2:_The_Brickster%27s_Revenge

But I could never do the level where you have to do jousting and beat the other night, so I eventually gave up and the game idk got sold or was chucked.

About 10 years lately I finally rebought the game and completed it and can I just say, closure has never felt so good :u:
Reply 8
Original post by Lucarious30
Dark Souls 1.. I ended up losing it then went straight to 2.

Going to buy it again now though as I found it a lot better than the second :smile:

I've never played those games but the reputation behind them is that they're extremely hard :redface: similar to Bloodborne?

Original post by Inexorably
Ok this was soooo long ago but when I was a kid about 7/8 years old I owned Lego Island 2 for PC

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lego_Island_2:_The_Brickster%27s_Revenge

But I could never do the level where you have to do jousting and beat the other night, so I eventually gave up and the game idk got sold or was chucked.

About 10 years lately I finally rebought the game and completed it and can I just say, closure has never felt so good :u:

That's what it's all about :u: I do love Lego games, Lego Star Wars was brilliant! Played the demo for the latest one but don't think I'll be getting it!
Reply 9
The only game I didn't finish was Bioshock Infinite. I failed the big battle on the ship (towards the end) several times and never got round to trying again.

I stopped gaming last year due to final year of uni and now it wouldn't fit into my daily routine, sadly. Really do miss COD and GTA, though!
Original post by PugDevil
I've never played those games but the reputation behind them is that they're extremely hard :redface: similar to Bloodborne?

Yeah, they're quite hard - very much have to expect to throw your controller now and again.. But it's that much more rewarding when you finally beat it!

The amount of times I've gone in the praying position as I've just beat a monster that took me 20 minutes+ :colondollar:
Bioshock Infinite- I think im on the very last bit but I can't be asked to finish it. Don't see the hype at all.

Dues Ex HR- Can't be asked to do that stupid 2nd boss fight with the computer thing :frown:

The Witcher 2- Stuck on another boss fight in that ghost world (the ghosts are having a war or something) lol
Also,cba to finish Far Cry 3. Kinda boring :frown:
Reply 13
Original post by SuperHuman98
Also,cba to finish Far Cry 3. Kinda boring :frown:

Ah yes! Another game I didn't complete! Literally played about 2 hours of it and then never played it again - I felt so bad :frown:
Dragon Age: Inquisition, Saints Row: Gat out of Hell, and Zombie Army Trilogy. I'll most likely revisit the latter two as they're relatively easy to complete, and they've got a significantly low rating. Same applies to Dragon Age, but it's an unbelievably crap game IMO so I won't have any plans to complete it in the near future. Perhaps when I've got nothing else to do whatsoever then I may consider it.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 15
Who remembers this?

Got it for Christmas 2000/2001. Easily the hardest game I've ever played and I never came anywhere near to completing it

Back in my day they made proper games, not like the nancyboy games around today
Buffy the Vampire Slayer on GBA, got stuck in the mansion level
Need for Speed 2015, was just woeful
Dragon Age Inquisition, one of the worst games I've ever played
Saints Row 4, GTA for autists and the chromosomally deficient. So boring
I'll be grey as fag ash by the time i'm done with games like Just Cause or Mass Effect. And seeing as we're dwelling on years gone by, i'll chip in with Ecco the Dolphin. I still can't make head or fin of it nearly a quarter of a century after it came out.
Reply 18
Original post by rubybrown1234

Original post by SuperHuman98
Bioshock Infinite- I think im on the very last bit but I can't be asked to finish it. Don't see the hype at all.

Dues Ex HR- Can't be asked to do that stupid 2nd boss fight with the computer thing :frown:

The Witcher 2- Stuck on another boss fight in that ghost world (the ghosts are having a war or something) lol

Imho Deus Ex HR had one of the best story modes of any game, period. I'd really recommend finishing that game.

I never finished The Last of Us. Pretty much just got lost at one point and never bothered finishing it because I wasn't really enjoying it anyway.
Reply 19
Another World - 25 years since it came out and I have no real intention of even trying to beat it. And I admire anyone who had the masochism to do it. Ditto the earlier King's Quest games for the same reason.

Quick Reply

Latest