The Student Room Group

Business casual in summer (30c +)

I'm going to work abroad and once I arrive it will be around 30c to 33c. I need to wear business casual type clothes but I'm unsure what exactly to wear to ensure I stay cool. Any suggestions? types of shirts, trousers, shoes etc. I'm a male.
Reply 1
Original post by Dominoes
I'm going to work abroad and once I arrive it will be around 30c to 33c. I need to wear business casual type clothes but I'm unsure what exactly to wear to ensure I stay cool. Any suggestions? types of shirts, trousers, shoes etc. I'm a male.

If it is indeed business casual then you can certainly avoid wearing a full suit. I'd say a simple shirt and a light pair of trousers would be ok. Might not even wear a jacket, although you could have it with you.
Lightweight chinos and linen mix shirts will be your best friend. Uniqlo is your best bet as their shops are very organised and clear on what materials they use. Also they're quite cheap. Think light colours.

Beware of shirts that darken readily when wet as they'll make sweat patches extra embarrassing.

As for shoes, be bold. Loafers and no show socks.
Linen will save your life!
I think for men, Linen shirts are quite easy to come by :smile:

Only problem you might find is creasing, make sure they are always hung up and they look better if you steam them to iron them rather than actually iron :smile:
Hawaiian shirt, nothing says business casual more.*

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending