The Student Room Group

Your favourite art medium?

Scroll to see replies

a good ol pencil is gr9
but i also love watercolour as it feels v therapeutic (as does acrylic)

but the medium i use most often for proper pieces is my drawing tablet + photoshop (gotta love that undo button and transformation tool)
Reply 21
I usually do portraits and I'd choose pencil over anything else always - mostly because I feel like my ability with paints is rubbish compared and it's less hassle to just get some pencils out than to have to mix all the different colours I'd need for a face, then hair, then eyes, then lips etc....

I love ink artists and watercolour though and I wish I had the patience to experiment more with ink. I'm jealous of people who can create beautiful colour pieces since I tend to draw with just graphite.
Original post by mgill17
I usually do portraits and I'd choose pencil over anything else always - mostly because I feel like my ability with paints is rubbish compared and it's less hassle to just get some pencils out than to have to mix all the different colours I'd need for a face, then hair, then eyes, then lips etc....

I love ink artists and watercolour though and I wish I had the patience to experiment more with ink. I'm jealous of people who can create beautiful colour pieces since I tend to draw with just graphite.

I can never add colour to portraits, I always seem to ruin them
Reply 23
Original post by Gingerbread101
I can never add colour to portraits, I always seem to ruin them

same, the hair for me is already a pain in the backside but if I try to texture it with paint it just doesn't go right.

And regardless of the skin tone of the person I always somehow manage to mess that up
is it cheating to say music?
Liquid resin!
Or perhaps pancakes?

[video="youtube;C34kRP_7SHg"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C34kRP_7SHg[/video]
Original post by mgill17
same, the hair for me is already a pain in the backside but if I try to texture it with paint it just doesn't go right.

And regardless of the skin tone of the person I always somehow manage to mess that up

Facial hair is the worst :lol:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending