The Student Room Group

Should we deport Muslims who believe in Sharia?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by BaconandSauce
However a large proportion will be born to people who are immigrants

It's a good job our country does not employ Sharia law then, so you cannot be treated differently based on your parents' nationality.
Original post by cashcash871
http://www.vox.com/2016/7/14/12196482/newt-gingrich-muslims-sharia

Surely people who are disloyal to their country should lose citizenship and be deported? I don't see what's wrong with us deporting people who go against our society's principles and values. Of course, it will be very hard to apply this in real life but I don't see what's wrong with the principle of this.

Not if they havent broken the law.
Original post by Dez
It's a good job our country does not employ Sharia law then, so you cannot be treated differently based on your parents' nationality.

agree which is why any attempt to normalise any aspects of sharia should be prevened
Original post by Dez
But these things are all condoned by the Bible as well. Why is Sharia so special? If you're going to deport people for thought crimes why are you deliberately excluding a group of fundamentalists just because their rule book has a different title on the cover?

Not all muslims agree with Sharia Law. The difference here is implementation. We do not implement backwards rules - people trying to implement Sharia Law are trying to drag us back to the Stone Age. How you don't understand that, I don't know.

Plus, many of our laws are already based off of Christian morals (look at the 10 commandments). But Sharia Law is NOT the same - it is backward, harsh and based on disgusting principles. Stoning homosexuals is NOT the same as what is implemented when looking at Christianity.
Original post by Trapz99
We're a Christian country, but Islam is a recent import. Of course the peaceful Muslims that don't believe in these things should stay.

Then they are not Muslims, dude. :cool:
Original post by celloel
Not all muslims agree with Sharia Law.

The same. A Muslim cannot disagree with Islamic Law.
(edited 7 years ago)

Surely people who are disloyal to their country should lose citizenship and be deported? I don't see what's wrong with us deporting people who go against our society's principles and values. Of course, it will be very hard to apply this in real life but I don't see what's wrong with the principle of this.

You forget this is a democratic country which means freedom of expression and speech is a basis of our society. If you don't like that then I suggest you move to North Korea and have 'fun' with Kim Jong-Un.
Reply 26
Original post by celloel
Not all muslims agree with Sharia Law. The difference here is implementation. We do not implement backwards rules - people trying to implement Sharia Law are trying to drag us back to the Stone Age. How you don't understand that, I don't know.

Plus, many of our laws are already based off of Christian morals (look at the 10 commandments). But Sharia Law is NOT the same - it is backward, harsh and based on disgusting principles. Stoning homosexuals is NOT the same as what is implemented when looking at Christianity.

Thanks to those "Christian morals" homosexuality was outlawed for centuries, gay people were subjected to horrific capital punishment, deportation, and imprisonment. To claim that traditional Sharia law is backwards I won't argue with, but pretending that fundamentalist Christianity is any better is totally ignorant.

You don't need to follow a certain religion to "drag us back to the Stone Age", as is evidenced by the sheer number of people perfectly happy to **** on freedom of religion, freedom of speech and expression and other human rights and imprison/deport people simply for agreeing with a view (Sharia law) they think is backwards and foreign.
(edited 7 years ago)

Deported to where?
Original post by Defraction
You forget this is a democratic country which means freedom of expression and speech is a basis of our society. If you don't like that then I suggest you move to North Korea and have 'fun' with Kim Jong-Un.

Perhaps we could deport him there. :tongue:
Original post by Dez
Thanks to those "Christian morals" homosexuality was outlawed for centuries, gay people were subjected to horrific capital punishment, deportation, and imprisonment. To claim that traditional Sharia law is backwards I won't argue with, but pretending that fundamentalist Christianity is any better is totally ignorant.

You don't need to follow a certain religion to "drag us back to the Stone Age", as is evidenced by the sheer number of people perfectly happy to **** on freedom of religion, freedom of speech and expression and other human rights and imprison/deport people simply for agreeing with a view (Sharia law) they think is backwards and foreign.

It's 2016. We no longer follow any of the things you mentioned - Sharia Law, and those who believe in it, wish for them to be brought back. Do you not think that those who want to enforce Sharia law are infringing on human rights?

Because that law directly infringes on our basic human rights and morals as decent people - death by stoning for adulterers, a female heir inherits half of what a male heir inherits, criticising the Quran, the Islamic god or Muhammad is punishable by death, a man can marry and have sex with 9 year old girls, a girl's clitoris should be cut, a man can beat his wife, do I need to go on?

So yes, it makes perfect sense for any rational person to want to, by all means necessary, prevent this barbaric law from ever being implemented in modern, humane and rational societies.

Understand the difference between Sharia law and Christianity. There is a huge difference and they are not comparable.
Original post by RayApparently
Perhaps we could deport him there. :tongue:

We shall! Should the flight be direct or nonstop?
Reply 32
Original post by Kieran1996
The only solution is get rid of religion.

Religion is going to exist until the end of time whether you like it or not.
Reply 33
Original post by celloel
It's 2016. We no longer follow any of the things you mentioned - Sharia Law, and those who believe in it, wish for them to be brought back. Do you not think that those who want to enforce Sharia law are infringing on human rights?

Thinking something or saying something does not infringe on the human rights of others, normally. There are limitations on freedom of speech, as there should be, but simply saying you don't agree with a certain law is not one of them.

Original post by celloel
Because that law directly infringes on our basic human rights and morals as decent people - death by stoning for adulterers, a female heir inherits half of what a male heir inherits, criticising the Quran, the Islamic god or Muhammad is punishable by death, a man can marry and have sex with 9 year old girls, a girl's clitoris should be cut, a man can beat his wife, do I need to go on?

Yes, the (would-be) law itself would be an infringement, as would any practice of said law, which is already illegal in most cases. But believing in Sharia law is not illegal. In the same way we don't arrest people who say they don't like gays, even though our laws allow gays the same freedom as anyone else.

Original post by celloel
So yes, it makes perfect sense for any rational person to want to, by all means necessary, prevent this barbaric law from ever being implemented in modern, humane and rational societies.

Good. Fine. But that doesn't mean deporting every man and his dog who thinks it might work.

Original post by celloel
Understand the difference between Sharia law and Christianity. There is a huge difference and they are not comparable.

There are entirely valid comparisons several of which I've already made. And yet again, every single example of Sharia law that you gave in your post is also a thing in the Christian Bible, so I really don't see this "huge" difference, personally. However, this is a bit off-topic, I'm not here to debate the origins of religious belief so let's just agree to disagree on this point..
Original post by admonit
Then they are not Muslims, dude. :cool:

The same. A Muslim cannot disagree with Islamic Law.

That is not true. A Muslim, is by principle, a Muslim if they
1) Say "There is no God but Allah and Mohammed is his prophet"
2) Pray 5 times a day
3) Fast Ramadan
4) Visit the Cube in Saudi Arabia if they can
5) Pay money to charity on a regular basis.

Following those makes you a Muslim, even if you drink Whiskey for breakfast, swim in BLT sandwiches and have sex every 37 minutes.

** Actually, only the first one makes a person Muslim, the rest are mandatory too but the first one is most important.
(edited 7 years ago)

The mticulturalist's would consider you disloyal to their envisioned utopia, they would happily deport you given the chance.

196007_5_.jpg

Also, every single Muslims believes in some form of Sharia, those that don't aren't Muslims and I realize the irony of saying they aren't real Muslims. But Christians that don't believe in Jesus aren't Christian's. It's a simple statement of fact. We should simply ban the practicing of Islam, the literature and such should be allowed, we should just hang by the neck until dead anyone caugh preaching the idea. A Spanish Inquisition is needed.
Original post by sh9
Religion is going to exist until the end of time whether you like it or not.

Yeah I know it will. Which is why on other posts I have said terrorism will always exist too.
According to Shariah law, the punishment for murdering is decided by the family of the person who has been murdered. They can choose one of three punishments
1) Death penalty
2) A fine if the person murdered was a major breadwinner to the family.
3) Forgive them and let them live their normal lives.

How is this not reasonable??
Original post by HanSoloLuck
In your opinion, I bet there are a number of Muslims that would kill you for this, having a liberal interpretation of Islam.

You probably aren't a bad person, but, if you really believe Islam is so open and tolerant then go and f%cking tell your fellow Muslims this, you can't because they would kill you, stop trying to convince the targets and victims that Islam is peaceful and go teach the believers. Go to Pakistann or Palestine or any Muslim country and say this bullcr@p.

It's easier for you this way, and it's shameful, tell the potential victims they have nothing to fear, Islam only wants to be our friend and it is tolerant..as people are being murdered and raped all around us. Seriously, f%ck you. You are worse than the people doing the murdering, you are an enabler.

Killing is haram.
Original post by TheAdviser
Killing is haram.

Again, go tell Muslim killing people that, you wont because they'll kill you, better to tell us, the people being killed, thatt Islam doesn't promote killing as Muslim kill us in the name of Islam.

Despicable.

Quick Reply