The Student Room Group

I'm 17, 18 next year. How can I get into clubs/pubs?

I'm a girl. I'm supposed to be going out with my friend for her 19th birthday out in town. Is it easier to go out on weekdays? how can I get in, i have no ID or don't know anyone with any who looks like me. HELP
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
unlikely you'll get in :/
Original post by chlchl034
I'm a girl. I'm supposed to be going out with my friend for her 19th birthday out in town. Is it easier to go out on weekdays? how can I get in, i have no ID or don't know anyone with any who looks like me. HELP

Anyone who replies to this is going to get reported... See mods, I have learnt my lesson. Are you proud of me?

So, my answer is: Wait until you're 18.
Reply 3
Unless you can get a fake ID there's not much you can do.

Going to a pub and not a nightclub would be the easiest option. Nightclubs usually ID on entrance so they will just not allow you in. Pubs don't do that since you don't have to specifically be there for the drinks.

Another option is looking at local nightclubs to see if they have underaged entry. My local nightclub allows people in from 16 on certain nights but they get stamped on the hand as underaged and everyone has to show ID every time they buy drinks on that day.
Reply 4
Original post by Platopus
Anyone who replies to this is going to get reported... See mods, I have learnt my lesson. Are you proud of me?

So, my answer is: Wait until you're 18.

Nah, they're not that strict.
Original post by Ciel.
Nah, they're not that strict.

In that case I feel hurt. I got a warning for giving advice much less serious than that asked for here. Mods, why do you hate me?
Reply 6
In that case I feel hurt. I got a warning for giving advice much less serious than that asked for here. Mods, why do you hate me?

Well, I got like hundreds of cards/reminders/warnings but I'm still here. They luv me. Well, one of them doesn't so I reported them for abuse. :laugh:
Reply 7
Most clubs and bars only accept passports and driving licenses so a fake ID is unlikely to work. You could try looking older with makeup and see what happens (my friends and I used to do this when we were underage and it worked about half the time but I think most places are stricter with asking for ID now).
Original post by Ciel.
Well, I got like hundreds of cards/reminders/warnings but I'm still here. They luv me. Well, one of them doesn't so I reported them for abuse. :laugh:

Humph. Favouritism mutter mutter. Not that I care... Mutter mutter
Reply 9
You get in through the door?? :dontknow:
Reply 10
Humph. Favouritism mutter mutter. Not that I care... Mutter mutter

:bl:
Show cleavage and seem promiscuous. The employees understand that girls who dress in a certain type of way generate business as they attract a larger male audience
Just go, but be prepared to go home if you don't get in. I'm 19 but forgot my ID the last time I went out and ended up getting in without being checked after almost ordering a Uber back home...
Just do what all women do, flash your bits at the door staff...jobs a good un. Probably get free entry/drinks after that un all.
Original post by chlchl034

When you're 16 you should be able to go with an adult...I grew up not being completely aware of the age restrictions because I always was able to go in...:confused:
you can drink beer, wine etc with carvery with an adult there, make sure they have id

so erm you must've not been out before or erm yea.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending