The Student Room Group

I have found out my boyfreind is Bi

My boyfriend has just told me that he is BI and before dating me had sex with other men. I dont think I can go out with him no more. I dont understand how he can have sex with both girls and men. What should I do.

Scroll to see replies

If you're attracted to men and women, it's easy to understand. If you're not, it can be harder.

What is it you're afraid of? Have you talked to him about it?
How old are you both and how did you meet?
Reply 3
Original post by Little Popcorns
How old are you both and how did you meet?

We are both 20 we met at school.
Reply 4
Original post by unprinted
If you're attracted to men and women, it's easy to understand. If you're not, it can be harder.

What is it you're afraid of? Have you talked to him about it?

I will do what should I say I just find it really strange.
If it's true. Why do you find it really strange?
Original post by Anonymous
My boyfriend has just told me that he is BI and before dating me had sex with other men. I dont think I can go out with him no more. I dont understand how he can have sex with both girls and men. What should I do.

Dump him

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7

Why?
Reply 8
Get a STI test immediately. Promiscuous anal sex carries inherent risks a condon won't protect against.

Dump him for not being honest and telling you sooner, and risking your health.
Reply 9
Get an STI check.
If he had told you sooner then you should not dump him, begin honest is a critical part of a relationship. However as you have found out latter on it may be difficult to fix the relationship, how do you now feel about him
Original post by kENDON
Get a STI test immediately. Promiscuous anal sex carries inherent risks a condon won't protect against.

Dump him for not being honest and telling you sooner, and risking your health.

But I do in A way still love him, I looking at the situation can sort of see why he did not tell me. Maybe we can try and sort this out.
Reply 12
But I do in A way still love him, I looking at the situation can sort of see why he did not tell me. Maybe we can try and sort this out.

You might love him, but you certainly cannot trust him. Are you comfortable knowing your boyfriend could have potentially damaged your fertility?

Regardless of what you decide, you (and your boyfriend) need STI checks.
Reply 13
If you're asking this then just break up and stop leading him on. You obviously can't accept him and will make it worse soon enough if you stay together
Original post by kENDON
Promiscuous anal sex carries inherent risks a condon won't protect against.

That says so much more about you than about him.

As well as there being no indication of any 'promiscuous' sex (and how are you defining that), contrary to what homophobes insist, the almost universal sex act between men isn't anal...
Reply 15
Original post by unprinted
That says so much more about you than about him.

As well as there being no indication of any 'promiscuous' sex (and how are you defining that), contrary to what homophobes insist, the almost universal sex act between men isn't anal...

You've been on the defensive this entire thread. You see no reason why the OP should dump her boyfriend despite him not being honest from the start of their sexual relationship.

What do my posts say about me? If you're implying that I'm homophobic then you are so far off the mark its laughable.

Incidentally, STI's can be obtained after just one instance of anal sex. Research shows the risks are higher amongst men sleeping with men. Multiple sexual partners in this context exacerbate this risk.

Posted from TSR Mobile
We are both 20 we met at school.

How many people has he slept with and what boy/girl ratio?
Original post by kENDON
You see no reason why the OP should dump her boyfriend despite him not being honest from the start of their sexual relationship.

There is no inherent reason to end it. It depends on what both of them want, not what you or I think.

What does 'honest' mean in this context? Detailing every single partner? How many people do that?

What do my posts say about me? If you're implying that I'm homophobic then you are so far off the mark its laughable.

At best you're misinformed. I am curious as to why you would think it's laughable given what you've said.
Reply 18
I truly despair if you see no problem with a man having sex with men then not telling his next relationship (girlfriend) he's been having intimate relationships that may put her at risk.

I assume honesty isn't one of your strong points.

Understandable you're defensive and attacking me, given you're a bisexual male yourself.

As for me, I'm comfortable in my own shoes, and certainly not misinformed.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kENDON
You might love him, but you certainly cannot trust him.

And that's because..?

Are you comfortable knowing your boyfriend could have potentially damaged your fertility?

You could say that about any m/f couple having sex. Here, you've no indication that they're not using condoms, or that he's had any unprotected sex in the past, or that they're doing anything that puts her at any risk.

Regardless of what you decide, you (and your boyfriend) need STI checks.

Always a good idea.

Quick Reply

Latest