The Student Room Group

Investment Banking Summer Analyst - Ask Me Anything

Scroll to see replies

Original post by gr8wizard10
modelling requires some intuition, but even then it's addition, subraction, multiplication and if you're feeling a bit adventorous maybe some division

but generally yeah, pitching can take a lot of time drafting the material, especially when you need to do revisions all the time until the last second

I assume updating the books consists of updating the revenue figures and such and any other prominent changes

Do you think it is possible to write some code that can automatically pull generic data such as financial figures and the books are updated automatically over a regular time interval?
Original post by glebp
I assume updating the books consists of updating the revenue figures and such and any other prominent changes

Do you think it is possible to write some code that can automatically pull generic data such as financial figures and the books are updated automatically over a regular time interval?

mostly layout structures included, and whatever else the higher ups thinks is best

we have a programme that pulls updated figures so there's no real reason to write the code. programs like factset, bloomberg do all the heavy automoation.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending