The Student Room Group

Ban Religion

All religious activity should be banned.
Any one showing religious activity should be removed.

Thoughts?

Scroll to see replies

Sounds like Communist China
First question, Is Stalin your role model?
Not religious, but I don't even agree tbh. Everyone should be entitled to believe whatever they want but shouldn't force their beliefs on others.
I think all people should have the right to believe in whatever they want.
Reply 5
Original post by Kieran1996

Thoughts?

Lol. Nope.
Reply 6
Banning something never works. In fact, it'll only serve to make the thing stronger.

Idiotic suggestion.
There would still be wars etc even without religion.Humans are the problem.Terrorism is more complex. Yes the recent terrorist attacks are linked to religion but it's also political. I can think of a few evil people that were atheist so I don't think banning religion would be ideal. You can't stop the way someone lives their life.
Reply 8
Btw, OP, enjoy never having Christmas again.

Thoughts?

cuz that is a great idea! everyone should be allowed to believe what they want. It is not religion that is evil but people themselves. Religion has not told people to go and kill thousands of innocents, people have done that themselves. So no we should not ban religion.
If we could just poof away religion it would be good but banning it would cause more problems
That the only purpose for which power can be rightfully exercised over any member of a civilized community, against his will, is to prevent harm to others. His own good, either physical or moral, is not a sufficient warrant. He cannot rightfully be compelled to do or forbear because it will be better for him to do so, because it will make him happier, because, in the opinion of others, to do so would be wise, or even right... The only part of the conduct of anyone, for which he is amenable to society, is that which concerns others. In the part which merely concerns himself, his independence is, of right, absolute. Over himself, over his own body and mind, the individual is sovereign. - John Stuart Mill
Original post by Defraction
First question, Is Stalin your role model?

No.
Original post by Drewski
Btw, OP, enjoy never having Christmas again.

Christmas is more about presents / family time than it is religion now. I'm sure shops would still exploit the opportunity.
Original post by Miniature99
cuz that is a great idea! everyone should be allowed to believe what they want. It is not religion that is evil but people themselves. Religion has not told people to go and kill thousands of innocents, people have done that themselves. So no we should not ban religion.

Yes but religion causes divides between people and divides cause fights. These issues between Muslims and non-Muslims go back thousands of years ago to the beginning of these religions.

Thoughts?

no ban the people who spread it, reduce the spreading to a minimum but let people believe what they wanna lol
Why should peaceful religions in this day and age pay for the doings of Islamists. If any religion should be banned it's Islam not Sikhism Christianity which are by modern day values very peaceful
Yes but religion causes divides between people and divides cause fights. These issues between Muslims and non-Muslims go back thousands of years ago to the beginning of these religions.

but banning a religion can cause more problems as well
Original post by neal95
Why should peaceful religions in this day and age pay for the doings of Islamists. If any religion should be banned it's Islam not Sikhism Christianity which are by modern day values very peaceful

Not really. Christianity/Judaism/Islam are all at fault for majority of religion based crime (i.e. terrorism). I'd suggest doing some research on the beginning of those religions and their progress together (or lack thereof)
Original post by Miniature99
but banning a religion can cause more problems as well

agreed. It would be better if it never existed

People should not need a book to tell them how to be good people

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending