The Student Room Group

Pokemon GO! Official Thread - now officially released in the UK!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Devify
It auto selects ones with highest cp but if you click on one you can chose from all of your Pokemon to replace that one.

It is recommended that you save both the dust and candy until you're level 10+ the Pokemon that you catch have cp corresponding to your level. So at level 5 you won't really catch any 300cp ones but when you get to level 10+ you may catch them. And the higher the cp, the more of both they need to train or evolve.

Thank you for your knowledge! :hat2:
No GPS signal all day, in same places I was yesterday. Not sure if it's a bug or my phone playing up*
All my pokemon are running away so annoyed

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by GothicShield

Posted from TSR Mobile

What... they can run away :shock:
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
It kept crashing last night and so it crashed when I caught a Golbat so I didn't get to keep it :bawling:

Which Tory cabinet minister should i name my Pidgeot after? :beard:

Mine crashed when I caught Golbat too! Golbat master hacker..

Posted from TSR Mobile

I for some reason love the idea of a pokemon on the screen and then just legging it..
Why do I see so many gym ppl use hypno as their pokemon etc?

I always seee hypno with CP600-800+ :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

What?!? They can actually run away from you?? :zomg: how is that possible, what did you even do to make them run away from you lol? :holmes:
Original post by XxKingSniprxX
Why do I see so many gym ppl use hypno as their pokemon etc?

I always seee hypno with CP600-800+ :frown:

Because there are a **** tonne of drowzees to catch and you can get fairly high level ones.

Posted from TSR Mobile
There are loads of lures around work today - I'm scared they're going to wear off if I go now but I don't want to take my lunch hour yet - but I need to catch pokemon!!
Original post by Fox Corner
There are loads of lures around work today - I'm scared they're going to wear off if I go now but I don't want to take my lunch hour yet - but I need to catch pokemon!!

*walks out for lunch immediately after posting this* :teehee:
I have to admit, I'm very jealous of those who live in a city centre. I live in London for uni, but I've come back home for the summer so I won't get to see what London is like until September :/.
Reply 471
I swear its only around busy town centres or cities that my coverage suddenly drops... my mobile data only works in the deserted countryside where there's pretty much nothing. But it's okay i'm happy with my... two pokemon....... 4 days after i installed the app... who needs charizard i have a venonat,,, :getmecoat:
I think it's finally time to get out the bike and ride around the area, will make getting the pikachu starter a little quicker.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Arima
I swear its only around busy town centres or cities that my coverage suddenly drops... my mobile data only works in the deserted countryside where there's pretty much nothing. But it's okay i'm happy with my... two pokemon....... 4 days after i installed the app... who needs charizard i have a venonat,,, :getmecoat:

Try going at different times? Mine is impossible after around 5pm but it's all good if you go at noon
Reply 474
Original post by Devify
Try going at different times? Mine is impossible after around 5pm but it's all good if you go at noon

i've tried that i'm afraid, it's always particular places where it shuts off :frown:
What level is everyone?

I just became 10
Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 476
What level is everyone?

I just became 10
Posted from TSR Mobile

I got up to level 10 this morning!

I'm currently on my way to Star Wars Celebration. Wonder whether people will judge me if I play Pokemon there...

(I'm volunteering so won't actually be able to play anyway, but you know...)
Reply 477
Where do we go to choose our teams?
I'm at level 5
Can anyone who's played it, answer me something?

I'm going around my neighbourhood and only after walking past a few pokestops I read on google, you have to swipe the picture to get pokeballs.

Just that on the nearby list which is on the bottom right, it has 2 - 3 shaded figures, I clicked one then it just has that in the bottom right with 3 footprints beside it.

How do I know where it is? It's quite irritating.
Well, i need to get something to mount my phoneon my bike for this when off roading

Quick Reply

Latest