The Student Room Group

Why is there so much hate nowadays?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jake4198
Shockingly, the older generation are more liberal than the younger generation. The full poll results are available online and you'll see it's actually younger Muslims who have more conservative views.

That's shocking. Thought it would be the other way around.
Reply 21
Original post by jake4198
There's so much hate towards Muslims because Islamic values are completely incompatible with western democracy. In a poll done a few months ago by Channel 4: over 50% of Muslims said they believe gay marriage should be outlawed, 38% said they believe the woman should always obey the man and nearly 25% said they'd support the introduction of Sharia Law. Muslim countries are also some of the most backward in the world. Data provided by the United Nations shows that with the exception of totalitarian regimes in Africa and Asia, it's only Muslim countries who haven't recognised the rights of gays and lesbians. In fact, it's only in Muslim countries where you can life imprisonment or the death penalty for engaging in homosexual activity. On top of this, Muslim women in Muslim countries are the most oppressed in the world - in Saudi Arabia, women aren't even allowed to drive. Data collected from the Heritage Foundation asked around 10,000 Muslims in over 50 countries their views on social and diplomatic issues, the results showed that over 600 million Muslims hold views which would be considered "radical" in western society.
How dare you bring statistics and facts into this! Statistics and facts are racist!
Original post by loveleest
But it's not.

But it is.
I think hate was always common is just that it grows quicker now and the pace of the growth is higher
Where is the lurrv?

Where is the lurrrvv?
Reply 25
We need to sprinkle some postivity into this world honestly from my personal experience every time when im on the tube i see all these eyes glaring at me like legit everyone stares at me like just because im wearing a scarf on my head but tbh im just like you im a human being i go to school,eat,drink,sleep just like you do im not some kind of alien sent down from space.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by k0zaf
We need to sprinkle some postivity into this world honestly from my personal experience every time when im on the tube i see all these eyes glaring at me like legit everyone stares at me like just because im wearing a scarf on my head but tbh im just like you im a human being i go to school,eat,drink,sleep just like you do im not some kind of alien sent down from space.

You wear that scarf with pride sister:smile:.If people identifying as a million genders and sexualities can walk with so much pride,then it is a must for you.
Is there really any more hate than there has been in the past? Racism was totally normal just a few decades ago. Homophobia was also the norm. Transgenderism... forget about it. We're a more tolerant nation than we've ever been. Islam just gets a lot of hate because of extremism and generally demonstrating itself to be an ass-backward religion and a lot of people think our country would be better off without it, whereas in the past people just showed hatred to anyone different to themselves.
See I believe hate tends to flourish in large groups, and a deep inner-savageness emerges within us (Some william golding right there!). Lets take your typical view of, say Nazi ideology.

Although there was many factors, say the current German economy, Hitler manged to identify this hatred of the current Wiemar Republic government, social impacts and the tension between political affects. Its human nature to mimic or respond to emotional distress such as this, and many people began to mimic this hate, without any logical justification nor reasoning, but rather excuses, for example on the jews. No concrete evidence for the wrong they did, and as also a minority in Germany, yet such atrocities were committed against them. Again this is because i believe hate flourishes in groups, to a point where sub-consciously or without rational thinking, the mind demands hate for pleasure. This is supported by Freud's theory of the 'id' where the sub-conscious will react instantly in order to gain pleasure rather then rationally, regardless of consequences.

I feel like this is reflected in modern-day society. For example say President Trump has identified and targeted all the hate that has been building up against Muslims, due to atrocities such as 9/11 etc. and used that for his own political advantage. This increased the flames of hatred, which is why Hate crimes against Muslims soared, and many people seem to mimic this wrongful behaviour regardless of reasoning.

Quick Reply

Latest