The Student Room Group

Ban Religion

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Miniature99
Ok we get it Islam is to blame for everything and getting rid of them will make this world ****ing great

strawman argument - I didn't claim it was "to blame for everything"
but it *is* to blame for attacks like nice, isn't it
what else motivates a person to kill 80+ people other than a delusion like fundamentalist islam?
Original post by sleepysnooze
strawman argument - I didn't claim it was "to blame for everything"
but it *is* to blame for attacks like nice, isn't it
what else motivates a person to kill 80+ people other than a delusion like fundamentalist islam?

yes,maybe it is. But that does not mean we should go and blame the whole religion for it. I dont agree with the **** that these ''Muslims'' do but i am not going to go and hate all of them cuz of what some ****ed up idiots decided to do
So we become North Korea?
Daf*q you on about?
Original post by PrincessBO$$
So we become North Korea?
Daf*q you on about?

Actually, you can be religious in North Korea. I'm too lazy to google it, but IIRC Buddhism is big over there.

Edit:I googled it. Turns out religion in NK is banned, but those that are religious are mostly Buddhists.
Original post by 34908seikj
Actually, you can be religious in North Korea. I'm too lazy to google it, but IIRC Buddhism is big over there.

I swear if u show any signs of religion you get arrested?
Original post by PrincessBO$$
I swear if u show any signs of religion you get arrested?

According to wikipedia, it's 'discouraged' to practice religion in public. But you are right about it being banned.
How about just banning the building of structures for religions that support killing certain groups of people which ethical societies feel are necessary to protect? This sends a clear message, and helps to stop the growth of these religions. That is a more sensible idea, although I'm still not sure I support it as it kinda goes against the spirit of free speech and liberty which is so important.
You can't say that.without God, you can't live and can't do anything Do u know that??.Therefore I think religion is very very important especially Christian is important.So don't judge the religions.
Original post by Miniature99
yes,maybe it is. But that does not mean we should go and blame the whole religion for it. I dont agree with the **** that these ''Muslims'' do but i am not going to go and hate all of them cuz of what some ****ed up idiots decided to do

who said "all of them"? I'm blaming their religion, not a particular individual - it is cultural and systemic. I mean, *technically* I might one day meet a very nice nazi, or a very sophisticated and civilised member of the khmer rouge but that's not to say that the nazi party or the khmer rouge are nice or civilised organisations overall, is it? because generalisations aren't illogical when dealing with a very large group of individuals - it is illogical, rather, to say "this group is nice because a minor few are nice"
Original post by SamanthaRuthPra
You can't say that.without God, you can't live and can't do anything Do u know that??.Therefore I think religion is very very important especially Christian is important.So don't judge the religions.

evidence of this claim please? sorry I'm one of those really annoying people who need evidence to believe in something (i.e. somebody with scientific thought)
Original post by Drewski
Btw, OP, enjoy never having Christmas again.
What does OP mean?
Original post by sulaimanali
What does OP mean?

opening poster
Reply 52
Original post by SamanthaRuthPra

Strange, in spite of God not existing I've been alive and doing things for years
Banning it won't work. Hopefully in time it will die out.
Mythology is where religion goes to die.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending