The Student Room Group

Everyone blaming Islam

Scroll to see replies

Original post by alevelstresss
Causes of radicalisation originate from conflict and political unrest. That's why terrorists come from the Middle East or Tunisia, when we have Indonesia which is the highest pop Muslim in the world which has had very few attacks

terrosits have been pakisitani, iraqi, afgani, saudi, tunisian, morrocan, syrian, nigerian etc etc the list is endless. Islamic terrorism is not based on race or nationality, but on the ideology which motivates all of them, which is a constant. go to indonesia, or malaysia or thailand, or burma and ask them if they are at peace with islamsits - of course they are not, they have the same issues to deal with there as we do here, as africa does, as the americas etc. ideological driven terrorism has no boundaries, wherever there is a muslim population there is a target for islamist propaganda to reach. jsut look at Isoc right here on tsr
Original post by Achaea
Every week or more, even every freaking day, somewhere in the world we get terror attacks and murders carried out by Islamists, endless slaughter and horror, and STILL, we get the bleats of 'This has nothing to do with Islam! The people who did it are Not Real Muslims!' Sorry, pal. It's like a broken record. No-one's buying it any more.

So explain why Indonesia has very few attacks despite being the highest Muslim pop in the world

My answer - radicalisation derives from political instability and conflict, not lotalty to Islam
Nope I didn't because radical Islam is simply the veil that they hide behind. Islam is not the main cause, is there something odd about the stability of Indonesia, india, Morocco, etc, the first of which has the highest Muslim pop in the world and there are very few attacks. Hatred deriving from conflict such as the Tunisian conflict or Middle East conflict radicalised these people, not their loyalty to islam

Islam was used as a motive: radical Islam. There's no reason to assume these people are non-Muslims secretly pretending to be Muslim. That's tin foil hat conspiracy theory nonsense that you'd have to provide evidence for.

False. Just because a country has a high Muslim population doesn't mean it would necessarily have a high concentration of attacks because most Muslims, just like most people, don't have the desire nor the nerve to commit those kind of actions.

But the fact that most of these terrorists have been Muslims is inescapable. It defies the laws of probability to claim their religion is entirely coincidental, especially when a lot of them are specifically mentioning Allah right before they unleash a massacre.
(edited 7 years ago)
So explain why Indonesia has very few attacks despite being the highest Muslim pop in the world

My answer - radicalisation derives from political instability and conflict, not lotalty to Islam

The Bali attacks in 2002 and 2005 killed well over 200 people and injured countless hundreds more. If that's the best counter-example you can come up with, I can only laugh a hollow laugh.

sorry is this a Troll? there have been scores of islamist attacks in indonesia -

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_terrorist_incidents_in_Indonesia

try reading sources other than those on ummah .com

this is despite indonesian government at least taking some steps to counter islamsit propagnda and groups - howver as with most islamists, indonesian roups get massive funding ffrom abroad ,source initially from the gulf arabs. bangladesh too have a strong anti islamsit government but they are starting to sucumb to groiwing well funded islamsit groups . there does need to a global combined effort to attack islamist spread, and also cut of the funding that comes form the middle east islamssit hot beds, via pakistan to rest of asia
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Reformed
terrosits have been pakisitani, iraqi, afgani, saudi, tunisian, morrocan, syrian, nigerian etc etc the list is endless. Islamic terrorism is not based on race or nationality, but on the ideology which motivates all of them, which is a constant. go to indonesia, or malaysia or thailand, or burma and ask them if they are at peace with islamsits - of course they are not, they have the same issues to deal with there as we do here, as africa does, as the americas etc. ideological driven terrorism has no boundaries, wherever there is a muslim population there is a target for islamist propaganda to reach. jsut look at Isoc right here on tsr

Not true, Islamic radicalisation derives from hatred and conflict. These Muslims don't wake up one morning thinking "oh **** I should bomb somewhere for islam" . You have no perspective on these people's motives, they do it because conflict and war is what they've lived through. The fact that these conflicts have majorly affected Muslims is a coincidence because Islam spread in these particular locations. If Christianity spread there, we would see Christian terrorists of the same form

radicalisation derives from political instability and conflict,

Yet there is none of this in france
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
Islam was used as a motive: radical Islam. There's no reason to assume these people are non-Muslims secretly pretending to be Muslim. That's tin foil hat conspiracy theory nonsense that you'd have to provide evidence for.

False. Just because a country has a high Muslim population doesn't mean it would necessarily have a high concentration of attacks because most Muslims, just like most people, don't have the desire nor the nerve to commit those kind of actions.

But the fact that most of these terrorists have been Muslims is inescapable. It defies the laws of probability to claim their religion is entirely coincidental, especially when a lot of them are specifically mentioning Allah right before they unleash a massacre.

You're clearly having a hard time understanding my point - too focused on attacking liberalism than actually appreciating my interpretation
You're clearly having a hard time understanding my point - too focused on attacking liberalism than actually appreciating my interpretation

I am a liberal myself so don't really know where you got that from. I am challenging your nonsensical point that Islam has nothing to do with this, when it's clear as the light of day that it does.
Why is everyone blaming Islam on this occasion when the attacker had mental health problems such as depression? He also had no known links to terrorist groups
sorry is this a Troll? there have been scores of islamist attacks in indonesia -

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_terrorist_incidents_in_Indonesia

try reading sources other than those on ummah .com

this is despite indonesian government at least taking some steps to counter islamsit propagnda and groups - howver as with most islamists, indonesian roups get massive funding ffrom abroad ,source initially from the gulf arabs. bangladesh too have a strong anti islamsit government but they are starting to sucumb to groiwing well funded islamsit groups . there does need to a global combined effort to attack islamist spread, and also cut of the funding that comes form the middle east islamssit hot beds, via pakistan to rest of asia

Joke right? They're averaging like one attack per year, and even then they point is that surely if your bigoted Islam theory were correct , they would be averaging like one attack per day?
Not true, Islamic radicalisation derives from hatred and conflict. These Muslims don't wake up one morning thinking "oh **** I should bomb somewhere for islam" . You have no perspective on these people's motives, they do it because conflict and war is what they've lived through. The fact that these conflicts have majorly affected Muslims is a coincidence because Islam spread in these particular locations. If Christianity spread there, we would see Christian terrorists of the same form

there is no 'war' going on in tunisia, nor has there been in the coutnires of origin for scores of islamist terrorists. you are making yourself look stupid here. its plain to see the common factor is their ideology , not their exposure to 'war' :facepalm2:
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
I am a liberal myself so don't really know where you got that from. I am challenging your nonsensical point that Islam has nothing to do with this, when it's clear as the light of day that it does.

Never said Islam has nothing to do with it, I'm saying Islam is something these murderers exploit to differentiate themselves from the average murderer
Never said Islam has nothing to do with it, I'm saying Islam is something these murderers exploit to differentiate themselves from the average murderer

Doesn't mean that those who exploit it aren't Muslims or that they didn't believe in the ideology, especially if they say the name of its god right before they kill themselves.
You're attacking Islam as a whole, which is bigoted and unnecessary and it will cause more Muslims to feel isolated and develop extremist ideas.

'If you attack us, more of us will become extremists.' You don't ****ing help yourself, do you mate :rofl:
Joke right? They're averaging like one attack per year, and even then they point is that surely if your bigoted Islam theory were correct , they would be averaging like one attack per day?

Still one attack per year too many.

lol at ' well one major islamist attack a year is ok then - USA shouldnt have been that bothered if they had 10 x 9/11 in the last decade. seriously you must be a troll, noone can make comments of this level of stupidity
there is no 'war' going on in tunisia, nor has there been in the coutnires of origin for scores of islamist terrorists. you are making yourself look stupid here. its plain to see the common factor is their ideology , not their exposure to 'war' :facepalm2:

Tunisian revolution constitutes to political instability
Original post by ManiaMuse
Still one attack per year too many.

Missed the point again lmfao
lol at ' well one major islamist attack a year is ok then - USA shouldnt have been that bothered if they had 10 x 9/11 in the last decade. seriously you must be a troll, noone can make comments of this level of stupidity

How cute that you missed the point

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending