The Student Room Group

Muslims of TSR- Your thoughts and opinions are wanted

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ATW1
Only a minority of Germans were Nazis.

That is a ridiculous comparison and you know it is, the Nazi's were a significant political force wielding immense power in the country that they were elected. Furthermore, I have yet to see muslims gassing westerners in gas chambers en masse. The muslim community of Europe does not have that much power. The vast majority of muslims are peaceful and non violent
Original post by CorpusLuteum
Yeah but when someone's unstable mentally, they're unpredictable - and there's a lot of Muslims surrounding my area who seem as though they're slowly falling onto a path of misguidance and eventually might end up believing some uneducated preachers.

And then there's also the lot who won't tolerateislam.

I could honestly say the same thing about a minority of the indigenous white male population following neo-nazism. In first year at uni one of my flatmates told me about a guy he knew of in Leeds tying up a jewish teenager and torturing them several hours straight. Don't act as if young white males are not violent too
I feel terrible that such crazy people follow the same religion as me :sad:
Original post by PrincessBO$$
I feel terrible that such crazy people follow the same religion as me :sad:

It isn't your fault :console:

Christians have done terrible things in the past yet most people don't blame modern day christians for the actions of their predecessors so it shouldn't be any different for muslims
Double Standards eh?

Spoiler

I need to point out that it's been stated that ISIS called for people to attack in the same way this 'person' did. So yes, it is completely safe to assume it is an islamic terror attack.

Also, islamophobia isn't there without a reason. Do I need to point out that almost all of the attacks happening currently (not decades, not centuries ago, right now) are being done under the name of islam? No, not all muslims are terrorists, but it's fair for people to be a little worried about the religion in the current state of affairs.
Original post by PrincessBO$$
Double Standards eh?

Spoiler

'Double standards' - do I need to point out the huge difference - that being that the crimes committed by christians happened a long while ago, whilst the attacks by muslims are happening now. No, we cannot blame everybody of the faith - of course not - but to say 'double standards' is foolish. It's not the same.
Reply 47
Because it's the past.
Original post by Josb
Because it's the past.

So? Just because the people that did it are dead it doesn't make what they did any less horrific? Do you believe that the Holocaust is less significant because 'it's in the past' and Hitler is dead?
Original post by celloel
'Double standards' - do I need to point out the huge difference - that being that the crimes committed by christians happened a long while ago, whilst the attacks by muslims are happening now. No, we cannot blame everybody of the faith - of course not - but to say 'double standards' is foolish. It's not the same.

I feel you would benefit from this

terrorist attacks by ideology.jpg
The attacks have not yet reached UK soil. But to pretend Islam is not to blame for the attacks is foolish. ISIS called for the action he committed, and whilst it is Islam extremism, it is still Islam. We are not doing our societies any favours by ignoring what is the underlying cause behind these attacks. In the same way the Paris, Brussels, etc attacks were by muslims - in the same way muslims 'danced' in the streets of Belgium following the attacks.

We need to acknowledge to amend.
Original post by celloel
The attacks have not yet reached UK soil. But to pretend Islam is not to blame for the attacks is foolish. ISIS called for the action he committed, and whilst it is Islam extremism, it is still Islam. We are not doing our societies any favours by ignoring what is the underlying cause behind these attacks. In the same way the Paris, Brussels, etc attacks were by muslims. We need to acknowledge to amend.

I'm merely pointing out that in the UK at least, the vast majority of terrorism is not done by muslims or Islamic ideology. The Nice terror attacker had no known connections to any terrorist groups and a history of mental health problems following the divorce of his marriage which was a contributing factor to his actions. Blaming what happened in Nice on Islam is pointless.
Reply 52
It means that it's not happening again now, so we have no reason to put the blame on the descendants of those who committed the atrocities.
Original post by ATW1
Only a minority of Germans were Nazis.

An awful lot more actively or passively supported it.
I'm sure the graph is true, but of course it would look very different if drawn from 6 July 2005 to now.
You cannot blame the attack of a man that is reported to have yelled 'Allah Akbar', that followed the call to action given by ISIS, was simply 'insane'. Yes, he was insane, but do not ignore the influence of radical islam. We cannot cover this up and expect it to go away - we need to positively prevent this from occurring again. Pretending Islam didn't have a role to play in the TERRORIST attack he committed is foolish and will not help us in the long run.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taqiya

Deceiving non-believers.
Original post by celloel
You cannot blame the attack of a man that is reported to have yelled 'Allah Akbar', that followed the call to action given by ISIS, was simply 'insane'. Yes, he was insane, but do not ignore the influence of radical islam. We cannot cover this up and expect it to go away - we need to positively prevent this from occurring again. Pretending Islam didn't have a role to play in the TERRORIST attack he committed is foolish and will not help us in the long run.

Where is the evidence he yelled 'Allah Ackbar?'
I want solid proof not conjecture and rumour
Original post by Fullofsurprises
I'm sure the graph is true, but of course it would look very different if drawn from 6 July 2005 to now.

Not accepting the statistics as they stand just because it doesn't fit into your world view, eh? Why don't you condemn Irish people as vigorously as you condemn Muslims for the actions of a minority? After all, a minority of irish people did these terrorist attacks, just as is the case with Islam
Eye witnesses.
If you honestly try to pretend this is not a Islamic terrorist attack, despite the calls from ISIS to attack in that way previously, despite all the evidence - his familial background, even down to his name - then you are a fool.

People call it the 'religion of peace' after they tore apart their own countries, then move through the West doing the same with terrorist attacks. ********.

Quick Reply