The Student Room Group

I can`t take living in my shared house anymore.

I moved into a shared house in September. There was 4 of us, 2 guys and 2 girls, and we all got along fairly well.

From January the 2 males started argueing. Male A had lots of friends, really outgoing, we used to sepnd hours sitting and laughing in the living room. Male B got increasingly jealous. So in February Male B attempted to stab Male A. Male A moved out and the landlord did nothing about Male A. (we all locked ourselves in our rooms until the police came, who sadly did nothing).

Now it wasn`t that bad as Male B kept himself to himself, and the other girl was hardly in as she was always out.

Now another guy moved in, Male C. he always demanded for me to spend time with him, I couldnt chill with him every evening. made innapropriate comments and always was telling me im pretty. creepy.

Around this time the other girl moved out and we have another male flatmate. Male D lol. He stays in his room and hardly exists.

Male C though I am scared of. once he simply came into my room when I was sleeping, he robs my food, leaves the doors open, doesn`t clean up or pay bills and has a gun in his room.

My tenancy finishes in 2 months. I have no money to move out right now. I lost it last night living like this and spend 3 hours sitting in a cold shower. I can`t deal with it anymore. Please help.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Stab? Gun?

You really shouldn't be there if you value your life, my other question is how did you end up with such low life scum as your housemates?
Reply 2
I think this is a case where you really need to speak to either your landlord or get advice from your uni. You shouldn't be in a house with someone who tried to stab someone else and then someone else who has a gun. I don't really have a lot of advice I'm afraid, but I really hope it gets sorted out :/. Maybe there's some area the landlord isn't fulfilling their contractual obligations so you quit early?
Reply 3
Original post by fg45344
Stab? Gun?

You really shouldn't be there if you value your life, my other question is how did you end up with such low life scum as your housemates?

My friend flatmate A moved out and so flatmate C moved in. Landlord is not bothered as long as the rent is payed.

Original post by Gatlema
I think this is a case where you really need to speak to either your landlord or get advice from your uni. You shouldn't be in a house with someone who tried to stab someone else and then someone else who has a gun. I don't really have a lot of advice I'm afraid, but I really hope it gets sorted out :/. Maybe there's some area the landlord isn't fulfilling their contractual obligations so you quit early?

Yes spoken to the university and there is not much they can do... even spoken to the landlord and all he says is your in a contract... :-(
Reply 4
Do you have any friends or parents you can move in with?

Since university is over it makes sense to get the hell out of there. I would just take essentials and leave in the middle of the night, if you do fear your life.
Reply 5
Original post by fg45344
Do you have any friends or parents you can move in with?

Since university is over it makes sense to get the hell out of there. I would just take essentials and leave in the middle of the night, if you do fear your life.

Cant move home as I don`t get along with my parents, the only other option is my boyfriends place. However, he has 2 catty female flatmates who already mind me being there 2 evenings a week
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous
Cant move home as I don`t get along with my parents, the only other option is my boyfriends place. However, he has 2 catty female flatmates who already mind me being there 2 evenings a week

You should explain your situation to your parents. They are the only people in this world who truly care about you, other than the odd good hearted soul.

I would say your parents or boyfriend would be insane not to take you in after reading what I just read.

But trust me you should just ring your parents and leave tonight, take essentials and lock your room if you can.
Reply 7
Original post by fg45344
You should explain your situation to your parents. They are the only people in this world who truly care about you, other than the odd good hearted soul.

I would say your parents or boyfriend would be insane not to take you in after reading what I just read.

But trust me you should just ring your parents and leave tonight, take essentials and lock your room if you can.

I would but I ran away from home to come to uni, and have vowed myself to never go back.
Reply 8
I would but I ran away from home to come to uni, and have vowed myself to never go back.

Do your parents not worry about you? How do you financially support yourself?
Reply 9
Original post by fg45344
Do your parents not worry about you? How do you financially support yourself?

I call them every other week. And took out a loan, whilst doing endless job applications. However, finally found a full time job so my financial situation will improve.
Reply 10
I call them every other week. And took out a loan, whilst doing endless job applications. However, finally found a full time job so my financial situation will improve.

What about motel? or YMCA?
Original post by fg45344
What about motel? or YMCA?

What are those?
Reply 12
What are those?

motel...like a hotel but cheaper. You can stay for the night for like £20/£30

YMCA, they are like a youth hostel, who have rooms for the night.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 13

id rather put up with some catty remarks than live in your house tbh. You need to get the hell out of there. Can you get an overdraft? Stick it on spare room and get someone to take your room as soon as you can.*
I moved into a shared house in September. There was 4 of us, 2 guys and 2 girls, and we all got along fairly well.

From January the 2 males started argueing. Male A had lots of friends, really outgoing, we used to sepnd hours sitting and laughing in the living room. Male B got increasingly jealous. So in February Male B attempted to stab Male A. Male A moved out and the landlord did nothing about Male A. (we all locked ourselves in our rooms until the police came, who sadly did nothing).

Now it wasn`t that bad as Male B kept himself to himself, and the other girl was hardly in as she was always out.

Now another guy moved in, Male C. he always demanded for me to spend time with him, I couldnt chill with him every evening. made innapropriate comments and always was telling me im pretty. creepy.

Around this time the other girl moved out and we have another male flatmate. Male D lol. He stays in his room and hardly exists.

Male C though I am scared of. once he simply came into my room when I was sleeping, he robs my food, leaves the doors open, doesn`t clean up or pay bills and has a gun in his room.

My tenancy finishes in 2 months. I have no money to move out right now. I lost it last night living like this and spend 3 hours sitting in a cold shower. I can`t deal with it anymore. Please help.

I am in agreement with the posters on here, there has been a stabbing, your food has been robbed and one of your flatmates is in possession of a firearm. Your life is potentially at risk here and it certainly sounds like your possessions are. I would be moving out ASAP
What sort of firearm does this flatmate have? Is it licenced? Shotgun, air rifle, bb gun, target rifle, handgun, historic/old weapon, military grade?

I really hope you are able to move out soon.
Original post by President Snow
What sort of firearm does this flatmate have? Is it licenced? Shotgun, air rifle, bb gun, target rifle, handgun, historic/old weapon, military grade?

I really hope you are able to move out soon.

a co2 gun he uses atm to shoot cutlery, so we have hardly any plates left apart from the 2 i keep in my room.

Well those are both obviously infinitely preferable to what you have at the moment. Did nobody screen male C before letting him move in? How did you end up living with someone who might stab another of your flatmates anyway?

a co2 gun he uses atm to shoot cutlery, so we have hardly any plates left apart from the 2 i keep in my room.

I don't even

Get out and be more careful about who you move in with next time
Wth call the police If one of your roommates has a gun.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending