The Student Room Group

What subjects did you pick to go into nursing?

sorry just realised maybe the title should have said People who are in a nursing degree what did you study at college?

Hi, I'd just like to know what subjects you studied at college to go into a nursing degree. I'm just really confused with what to pick as I'm starting college in September (I know different universities have different requirements for their degrees) :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by acormz
Hi, I'd just like to know what subjects you studied at college to go into a nursing degree. I'm just really confused with what to pick as I'm starting college in September (I know different universities have different requirements for their degrees) :smile:

Hey, It depends what you're interested in, you can do A levels involving science courses or either you can do a BTEC course. I did BTEC level 3 Extn Dip in Health and Social care which pretty much covered majority of the topic. Personally I think it is benefitting because later on when you go uni you can decide what fields of nursing you'd want to progress onto and it's also kind of easy to get good marks if you do your coursework properly in those two years. All the best :smile:

PS. Majority of the uni accepts both BTEC and A levels so it's up to you. I did BTEC and got an offer from uni for Adult Nursing. Hope this helped.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by KingK16
Hey, It depends what you're interested in, you can do A levels involving science courses or either you can do a BTEC course. I did BTEC level 3 Extn Dip in Health and Social care which pretty much covered majority of the topic. Personally I think it is benefitting because later on when you go uni you can decide what fields of nursing you'd want to progress onto and it's also kind of easy to get good marks if you do your coursework properly in those two years. All the best :smile:

PS. Majority of the uni accepts both BTEC and A levels so it's up to you. I did BTEC and got an offer from uni for Adult Nursing. Hope this helped.

Thanks for really helpful reply! This is exactly what I wanted to know :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest