The Student Room Group

All criticism of Islam is "Racist"

You will soon need a permit to criticise the fascistic elements within Islam, after all, it could otherwise lead to racism.

That will be a comfort when you are getting your balls blown off by a misunderstood freedom fighter.

http://thesatedire.com/news/world-news/working-class-media-and-muslims-banned-from-criticising-islam/

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Holy **** man, you seem to have a fetish for Islam.
freedom of speech is almost a radical proposition now - thanks islam, thanks mutliculturalism, thanks feminism
Um, Islam isn't a race.
Original post by Damien96
You will soon need a permit to criticise the fascistic elements within Islam, after all, it could otherwise lead to racism.

That will be a comfort when you are getting your balls blown off by a misunderstood freedom fighter.

http://thesatedire.com/news/world-news/working-class-media-and-muslims-banned-from-criticising-islam/

Original post by CorpusLuteum
Um, Islam isn't a race.

^^ took the words outta me xD 1 min too late xD
Except no one thinks that. No one minds criticising Islam, the only people who complain and claim of being called racist for criticising are the people who criticise it themselves.

Just look at TSR, lots of people criticise Islam and no one is called racist. Look at Fox News, they criticise Islam all the time and people don't complain. The only who have an issue with these criticisms are the people who are doing this criticism! The irony.

Grow up, stop sulking and acting like a victim. If you care about the problem you won't let being called racist stop you even when no one is.
Reply 6
Original post by eden3
Holy **** man, you seem to have a fetish for Islam.

It isn't me engaging in masochism whenever mass murder is perpetrated, but holy **** does seem appropriate.
Reply 7
Original post by Proximo
Except no one thinks that. No one minds criticising Islam, the only people who complain and claim of being called racist for criticising are the people who criticise it themselves.

Just look at TSR, lots of people criticise Islam and no one is called racist. Look at Fox News, they criticise Islam all the time and people don't complain. The only who have an issue with these criticisms are the people who are doing this criticism! The irony.

Grow up, stop sulking and acting like a victim. If you care about the problem you won't let being called racist stop you even when no one is.

Grow up, the insult of choice for the adolescent mind.

I'm not a victim and I will not stop criticising Islam. I also won't stop criticising those who try to stop me criticising Islam.
Reply 8
Original post by bigdonger
^^ took the words outta me xD 1 min too late xD

I was being ironic.
Islam isn't a race no.

But usually most of the people who say this are just racist against brown people anyway.

Several Sikhs have been battered in America shortly after 9/11 because people wanted "revenge" and a Hindu man in Wales almost had his head chopped off while the welsh neo nazi was shouting "for Lee Rigby".

I literally saw a youtube video where a Muslim woman was getting called a "Sand Rat" (a racial comment against middle eastern/ south asians) and the video was called "racist woman etc." and a comment was "Islam isn't a race".

The phrase "Islam isn't a race" is mainly just used by racist people who use Islam as a cover.
Reply 10
Original post by sleepysnooze
freedom of speech is almost a radical proposition now - thanks islam, thanks mutliculturalism, thanks feminism

Freedom of common sense would be a start.
Original post by Proximo

Yeh, no. While I haven't been called racist on here, I have been pigeonholed as "far-right" for criticising Islam. Fox News is also very routinely called racist.
Reply 12
Original post by Jay_Cartwright
Islam isn't a race no.

But usually most of the people who say this are just racist against brown people anyway.

Several Sikhs have been battered in America shortly after 9/11 because people wanted "revenge" and a Hindu man in Wales almost had his head chopped off while the welsh neo nazi was shouting "for Lee Rigby".

I literally saw a youtube video where a Muslim woman was getting called a "Sand Rat" (a racial comment against middle eastern/ south asians) and the video was called "racist woman etc." and a comment was "Islam isn't a race".

The phrase "Islam isn't a race" is mainly just used by racist people who use Islam as a cover.

To summarise, criticising Islam is racist.
Islam isn't a race no.

So the tiny amount of idiots who did this represent "most" people who point out that Islam isn't a race?

Also, I generally find that people who treat criticism of Islam or Muslims as racist are generally either Muslims themselves who are using anything to demonize their opponents, or white ppeople who think that brown people = Muslims.
Original post by Damien96
To summarise, criticising Islam is racist.

No, it isn't but the majority that do it mainly just want to attack brown people and get away with it.

If you just focus on the koran and criticize it and know all races can be a Muslim, then you're not racist.
Reply 15
Original post by KingBradly
So the tiny amount of idiots who did this represent "most" people who point out that Islam isn't a race?

Also, I generally find that people who treat criticism of Islam or Muslims as racist are generally either Muslims themselves who are using anything to demonize their opponents, or white ppeople who think that brown people = Muslims.

And this despite the fact that most victims of Islamic terrorism are Muslims.
Islam isn't a race no.

But usually most of the people who say this are just racist against brown people anyway

it's quite rich than you feel like you're allowed to generalise millions of islam's critics when other people aren't allowed to generalise "brown people" like you said was so awful :lol: dude, either generalisations are bad, or they're not. make up your mind.
Reply 17
No, it isn't but the majority that do it mainly just want to attack brown people and get away with it.

If you just focus on the koran and criticize it and know all races can be a Muslim, then you're not racist.

So I am only allowed to criticise the book, not what it inspires? Otherwise I am racist?

As most apologists seem to agree, the book can be interpreted many ways, so where does that leave us?
Original post by sleepysnooze
it's quite rich than you feel like you're allowed to generalise millions of islam's critics when other people aren't allowed to generalise "brown people" like you said was so awful :lol: dude, either generalisations are bad, or they're not. make up your mind.

Can I just point out that generalisations actually aren't bad as long as everyone understands they're generalisations and they're not overgeneralisations.

No they aren't.

How can you use anecdotal evidence to justify such a generalising statement?

I have a feeling you'd have a problem with someone using Islamic terror attacks to justify that 'most Muslims are terrorists'.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending