The Student Room Group

Pokemon GO! Official Thread - now officially released in the UK!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by GothicShield
What level is everyone?

I just became 10
Posted from TSR Mobile

17 and a half at the moment, hoping to get level 20 in the next couple of days, if it ever stops raining >.<

Original post by OGGUS
Where do we go to choose our teams?
I'm at level 5

You have to click on a gym that you can see on your map, then Prof. Willow will explain how gyms work.

Original post by Jay_Cartwright
Can anyone who's played it, answer me something?

I'm going around my neighbourhood and only after walking past a few pokestops I read on google, you have to swipe the picture to get pokeballs.

Just that on the nearby list which is on the bottom right, it has 2 - 3 shaded figures, I clicked one then it just has that in the bottom right with 3 footprints beside it.

How do I know where it is? It's quite irritating.

The footprints represent how far away the Pokemon is, the more footprints then the further away the Pokemon is. 0 means it is in your immediate vicinity although the exact distance each footprint represents is a bit iffy atm. Some sites are saying 1 footprint = 20m, 2 = 100m and 3 = 1km (which is completely incorrect imo) whereas others say each footprint represents 50m, which doesn't really work either. I've have Pokemon drop from 3 footprints to 1 footprint in the space of 10m, so it is all a bit wibbly wobbly atm. You can't find out which direction the Pokemon is in, so you need to explore a bit first.
Original post by tomtjl
17 and a half at the moment, hoping to get level 20 in the next couple of days, if it ever stops raining >.<

You have to click on a gym that you can see on your map, then Prof. Willow will explain how gyms work.

The footprints represent how far away the Pokemon is, the more footprints then the further away the Pokemon is. 0 means it is in your immediate vicinity although the exact distance each footprint represents is a bit iffy atm. Some sites are saying 1 footprint = 20m, 2 = 100m and 3 = 1km (which is completely incorrect imo) whereas others say each footprint represents 50m, which doesn't really work either. I've have Pokemon drop from 3 footprints to 1 footprint in the space of 10m, so it is all a bit wibbly wobbly atm. You can't find out which direction the Pokemon is in, so you need to explore a bit first.

Every now and again, there's a burst of leaves I see on the map, is that a hint as to where it is?
What level is everyone?

I just became 10
Posted from TSR Mobile

still only 3 :frown: haven't really had enough time to get any exp.The most action I got was when I was driving around earlier and pulled over a few times. Managed to catch about 4 Pokemon and visit 2 stops. Other than that I've had no GPS signal when I'm inside.*
Original post by tomtjl

Can't be 1km, way too far to be realistic based on my riding around and periodically checking

Posted from TSR Mobile
What level is everyone?

I just became 10
Posted from TSR Mobile

Level 6.
Some people are levelling up like crazy, the nearest gym near me has a gym leader of level 20
Original post by Jay_Cartwright
Every now and again, there's a burst of leaves I see on the map, is that a hint as to where it is?

The rustling of leaves signifies that there might be a Pokemon over there, yeah. It doesn't always work though.

Original post by Jammy Duel
Can't be 1km, way too far to be realistic based on my riding around and periodically checking

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, I completely agree. 1km is far too wide a radius for it to be useful anyways.
Is the first Pokemon that everyone caught a charmander? I caught it in my house and it was weird.
Original post by CorpusLuteum
Is the first Pokemon that everyone caught a charmander? I caught it in my house and it was weird.

Yeah u can get one of the Three starters straight away. If you walk away from them, pikachu will spawn

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got a purple rat in my house.
just got an Eevee

Spoiler

[video]https://giant.gfycat.com/AnotherGrandAntarcticfurseal.web m[/video]

Best video I've seen :rofl:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by tomtjl
The rustling of leaves signifies that there might be a Pokemon over there, yeah. It doesn't always work though.

No, I completely agree. 1km is far too wide a radius for it to be useful anyways.

I also just caught something across the road with 3

But also half way across the village

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Downloaded it now , is it any good?
I actually don't know how to play this game 😄😄

* I haven't seen Charmander yet 😟. I picked Squirtle to start with, and have seen a few of him around but have only seen one Bulbasaur.

* Caught a Jigglypuff during lunch though 😄
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
[video]https://giant.gfycat.com/AnotherGrandAntarcticfurseal.web m[/video]

Best video I've seen :rofl:

So true :tongue:. Mr Bean is relevant even today :biggrin:.

Original post by Jammy Duel
I also just caught something across the road with 3

But also half way across the village

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, it's a bit weird like that. The "Nearby" feature doesn't always work too well. I know that my friends and I usually have completely different Pokemon nearby despite being 1 ft apart :tongue:.
My teachers are still confused about how Pokemon Go works, I had to demonstrate it to them lol
Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DaVinciGirl
My teachers are still confused about how Pokemon Go works, I had to demonstrate it to them lol
Posted from TSR Mobile

Your avatar is so cute!! :love:
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1468599674.221603.jpg

The joys of living in the countryside...

Posted from TSR Mobile
broke my stupid phone playing pokemon today! and because of it i missed a wheezee!!
but i did find a goldeen and a poliwag in my sons acheivment assembly (they hadnt come into the hall yet)

Quick Reply

Latest