The Student Room Group

Nice 'hoax' and fake bodies

Can someone please, please explain to me why so many people believe Nice and other terror attacks are a hoax? Perhaps some of you believe that, also?
I genuinely want to know. What is their motivation? Youtube views? Do they actually believe the stuff they're saying? Are they mentally ill? Made a thread on this in the past but I still don't get it.

Scroll to see replies

Some people believe it's a hoax because some countries like to pretend they've been targeted to turn the attention away from the real problem and to place it elsewhere so people don't see what politicians don't want them to see.

One example of a recent attention drawer is allowing a dickhead like Donald trump to run for president at a crucial time like this in the Middle East, this has diverted almost everyone's attention towards Donald trump and away from the real problems going on in the world.
(edited 7 years ago)
well that was a bit meta... watching a youtube of a guy watching a youtube.

maybe I could make a youtube of me watching that youtube and caption it
'LOW INTELLIGENCE'
'ACTUALLY, WHAT ARE YOUR QUALIFICATIONS FOR IDENTIFYING GENUINE DEAD BODIES FROM VIDEO FOOTAGE?'

etc.
Reply 3
Original post by CorpusLuteum
Some people believe it's a hoax because some countries like to pretend they've been targeted to turn the attention away from the real problem and to place it elsewhere so people don't see what politicians don't want them to see.

One example of a recent attention drawer is allowing a dickhead like Donald trump to run for president at a crucial time like this in the Middle East, this has diverted almost everyone's attention towards Donald trump and away from the real problems going on in the world.

But the evidence is right in front of them? I mean, you can't just make up 84 fake identities, now that most people have social media. How can they ignore it?
Original post by Ciel.
But the evidence is right in front of them? I mean, you can't just make up 84 fake identities, now that most people have social media. How can they ignore it?

That's right, you can't. So you kill innocent people. besides if they really wanted to stop Isis, they would have stopped the countries funding them and buying oil from them. Too bad it just isn't like that.
Reply 5
That's right, you can't. So you kill innocent people. besides if they really wanted to stop Isis, they would have stopped the countries funding them and buying oil from them. Too bad it just isn't like that.

So do you actually believe it was staged? As in, people actually got killed but it was the government that organised it?
Original post by Ciel.
Can someone please, please explain to me why so many people believe Nice and other terror attacks are a hoax? Perhaps some of you believe that, also?
I genuinely want to know. What is their motivation? Youtube views? Do they actually believe the stuff they're saying? Are they mentally ill? Made a thread on this in the past but I still don't get it.

Some people will go to great lengths to make things fit their narrative.
Original post by Ciel.
So do you actually believe it was staged? As in, people actually got killed but it was the government that organised it?

I don't know about the attack that happened in nice recently, but I think the Charlie hebdo one might have been a false flag.
Reply 8
I don't know about the attack that happened in nice recently, but I think the Charlie hebdo one might have been a false flag.

Really? But they were pretty famous so would they really go that far? And how do you think they'd hire the killers though?
Original post by Ciel.
Really? But they were pretty famous so would they really go that far? And how do you think they'd hire the killers though?

I don't know. People go to crazy lengthier for money, if Isis are selling women I doubt they won't be selling fighters. But really, I don't know, as with a lot of things to do with how politics and Isis are working at the moment. Why not start a research case? I would like to start one.
Reply 10
I don't know. People go to crazy lengthier for money, if Isis are selling women I doubt they won't be selling fighters. But really, I don't know, as with a lot of things to do with how politics and Isis are working at the moment. Why not start a research case? I would like to start one.

But most people who believe the whole thing is a hoax etc blame the government etc and claim that isis isn't involved, so I don't understand it. They make claims but don't really back them up. Well, in my case it's not really a good idea. Last time I really got into researching this stuff, it didn't end well. But still, it's so difficult to stay away from it
Reply 11
Original post by Mathemagicien
Because Islam is the religion of peace, it must be a Zionist conspiracy or something!

(Sarcasm)

But muslims aren't the ones making videos.
Charlie hebdo one might have been a false flag.

Who do you think could have been behind such a false flag?
Original post by Ciel.
But most people who believe the whole thing is a hoax etc blame the government etc and claim that isis isn't involved, so I don't understand it. They make claims but don't really back them up. Well, in my case it's not really a good idea. Last time I really got into researching this stuff, it didn't end well. But still, it's so difficult to stay away from it

Isis and the government work hand in hand. I think you should refer to anonhq.com and read their WORLD and POLITICS articles.
Original post by TelAviv
Who do you think could have been behind such a false flag?

Well, the government for a start
Reply 15
Isis and the government work hand in hand. I think you should refer to anonhq.com and read their WORLD and POLITICS articles.

What's their ultimate goal though? Anyone can become a part of the government if they're good enough. So I'm sure that at least one person would 'expose' them, if that were the case.
Original post by Ciel.
What's their ultimate goal though? Anyone can become a part of the government if they're good enough. So I'm sure that at least one person would 'expose' them, if that were the case.

Well, I guess we could wait and see what happens to Obama after he has resigned. Maybe he might have an accidental sudden death, or maybe he's just good at keeping secrets. Wikileaks exposes the governments plans quite often soooo, besides who would want to risk their life for the governments secrets, no one.
Well, the government for a start

But surely the French government themselves gain very little from repeated attacks on their own country.

Do you mean a government of a different country who would have more significant gains?
Conspiracy theories are popular for the same reasons religions are.

People want to make sense of a world that is, essentially, nothing but chaos. They want to feel secure and in order to do this they want to cling on to this notion that there is something in charge of everything and inevitably this will be sinister.

There's also an additional feeling for these involved and it's based on ego. They want to feel powerful, like they're the ones in the know and only they are smart enough to have figured it all out.
Original post by TelAviv
But surely the French government themselves gain very little from repeated attacks on their own country.

Do you mean a government of a different country who would have more significant gains?

Well, now that you look at it that way...
I would say that the french government might gain a little from making themselves seem like targets of isis, however there might be another country gaining from continuous attacks in france - although that I'd have to research still.

Quick Reply

Latest