The Student Room Group

Anyone started revising for their A levels yet?

I have started revising for A level Biology and Salters Chemistry B (apparently salters chemistry is REALLY hard so I'm not risking it so I am starting to revise it early)

So I question,is anyone doing the same,or am I just being pathethic?

Let me rephrase-I have started teaching myself the content
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
LOL
Reply 2
I'm waiting until September before I start doing any work again :redface:
I've started revising for A2 yeah :redface:

I really want A*A*A-A*A*A*
Reply 4
My exams are in oct/nov and i have started my revision since early june
Just enjoy your summer, even if you are stupid, starting in September is more than enough time. You will just bore yourself to tears.
I am.
revise
rɪˈvʌɪz/ verb

reconsider and alter (something) in the light of further evidence.

reread work done previously to improve one's knowledge of a subject, typically to prepare for an examination.

(edited 7 years ago)
dead.
Why revise for something you haven't learned yet? It's pointless as you'll more than likely end up doing something completly different in those courses.

Enjoy your last summer before a lot of hard work
You should be using your summer wisely to attain valuable work experience or even do a job or some volunteering so your personal statement looks good. And most importantly, you should be using your summer to actually relax and enjoy yourself. You'll end up forgetting all the information you have revised and plus it's just making your life so grim.
Pathetic aha, there's no need to revise for a levels now.... Just do a bit of work in September. You don't want to be the guy that everyone hates because they know it all
Reply 12
Damn, I started revising a week before my exams. :rofl:

Do some outside reading around your subject or get some work experience. You can get top grades by beginning revision as late as January.
Yeah, I'm doing exactly this! For Chemistry and Biology too.
I just looked at the A2 books I bought but I don't think I'll have enough time to do it (in between EPQ, holiday and work experience.)
If I don't I'll tank next year because I'm not the best at Chem, and my Bio is questionable at best.
Yes ^-^
well i know someone on here who has taught themselves the whole of each A level that they are doing. maybe completing that process is a bit extreme, but perhaps getting a head start would be a good idea. but just read through the content. you can't revise stuff that you haven't learnt yet.
Reply 16
Well I'm adamant to get the top grades so I though why not lol- but who said I am not/will not enjoy my summer?
I just know how to do both
Reply 17
Original post by surina16
revise
rɪˈvʌɪz/ verb

reconsider and alter (something) in the light of further evidence.

reread work done previously to improve one's knowledge of a subject, typically to prepare for an examination.

Let me rephrase-I have started teaching myself the content
Reply 18
[QUOTE=ScienceFantatic;66435222]Pathetic aha, there's no need to revise for a levels now.... Just do a bit of work in September. You don't want to be the guy that everyone hates because they know it all

Lol people hate others because they are slightly advanced? People will only know that "I know it all" if I state it explicitly.
Reply 19
[QUOTE=sameehaiqbal;66435100]You should be using your summer wisely to attain valuable work experience or even do a job or some volunteering so your personal statement looks good. And most importantly, you should be using your summer to actually relax and enjoy yourself. You'll end up forgetting all the information you have revised and plus it's just making your life so grim.

Who said I'm not doing any of that?
I've been going out a lot/will be doing a lot with friends and family I.e parties,carnivals,holiday ,festivals etc
On top of that I've got a weekend job
I've already got work experience in the area of working with people who have special needs and will be potentially obtaining some more in the medical sector.
When I mean starting to revise it will not be rigorous revision but essentially just "bridging the gap" between GCSEs & Alevels!

& how are you so imperatively sure that I will forget? what if I do a page or 2 a week but in full depth?
Lol

Quick Reply

Latest